Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted September 23, 2015
My grandson has amazed me with what he has enjoyed learning...... his interest in school and his willingness to learn has been such a joy to watch.... The love of teaching shines though with every new word read, every "oh wow" moment, and mostly the happiness learning has become for my grandson.... Thank you.

Polk Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2015
Kindergarten does not finish the year reading! Terrible academic level compared to other public schools in the same district.

Polk Elementary School
Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 05, 2015
Kindergarten academic level is terrible, only sight words and no reading at the end of the school year. VERY disappointed.

Polk Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
The teachers and principal are great. The cafeteria staff and counselor treat everyone poorly. They talk down and insult the parents in front of the kids and other parents. They treat everyone like 3 year olds no matter their age. They make threats to not feed a child unless the pay their overdue lunch fees. This is my daughter's first year here. She attended Kohlberg her previous years and I never saw any of the staff treat kids or parents the way that the Polk cafeteria staff treats people. I plan on moving her back to Kohlberg as soon as possible.

Polk Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2014
Everyone at this school is friendly and smiling from the office staff to the librarian. It's a small school feel where everyone knows who your child is. Picking up your children after school is very easy as you can park right behind the school where they come out. The teacher is average where there is not much communication with the parents however my child loves her and is receiving good grades. Overall we are happy with this school. Improvements could be communication between teachers and parents.

Posted June 04, 2013
We moved here in December 2012 and was able to get a spot in the Pre-K AM class. The principal's office was very welcoming to us and my daughter's teacher, Mrs. Wicker. She introduced her to the class and welcomed her in a few days before she would start school there. I have been pleasantly Happy with all that the school has to offer. The teachers have a sense of loving what they do and are friendly. I would recommend the PRE-K program to any of my friends. Thank you for a job well done.

Posted January 09, 2013
Both my kids go to this school and I am happy to say that they are reaching their greatest potential. The GT program teachers are phenomenal. I like the feeling of a small community school. I strongly recommend this school. The principal, teachers, and parents work together to make this school Excellent.

Posted December 19, 2012
My 3 kids been attending Polk for over 4 yrs ,and all I have to say is that this is the best school.the principle and teacher are always trying to solve any issues or concerns.The only bad thing that I've seen in the last couple of years is that us parents our just complaining a good school is made of good teachers as well as students and most of all us the parents .Polk been known for parent involvement unfortunate this has dropped,in the pass 2 yrs.

Polk Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
This school has become such a disappointment, I'm at my wits end waiting for the school year to end. This school really ruined not only my faith in the public school system, but my son s as well. My child went from being excited to go to school and graduating with his childhood friends being discouraged by the entire school system and not caring even to finish off the year. I DO NOT recommend this school. For those of us who like to be involved in our children's education it and get regular feedback on their progress, and expect their children to be treated with respect and fairness this is not a desirable school for you. Not only that but their curriculum is backwards they are tested on material before it is ever sent home for review and teachers freely mis-grade students with no penalties.

Polk Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2008
Moving from out-of-state, all research stated that Polk Elementary is the best. Unfortunately all research is based solely on test scores, not an all-around education. I find Polk to be very unfriendly and unknowing in the entire administrative department. Although very stand-offish and cold, the principal addressed our concerns and our child was moved from the initial assigned class to another more appropriate classroom. 95 percent of the teachers are warm and caring - what is wrong with the administartion?

Polk Elementary School
940 Belvidere Street, El Paso, TX  79912
Last modified Polk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top