Bad
Good

Bel Air High School

Posted January 29, 2009
Hi I was a student at Bel Air High and i just wanted to say teachers and principal, it dosent matter what students say about the dress code,dress code is fine how it is and period. Make it a diciplined and a great High School year. Go Big Red Pride!

Posted June 20, 2008
Hello I'm a student here at Bel Air I just wanted to say that this is a great school to go to. I know teacher are hard working person but sometimes the staff dont communicated as they should with the teachers. And they make so manny cahnges that affects us by the way we are learning. And overall i think that the school is so strict about dress code and the ID's. I don't think that by the way you dress up affects the way you are learning or your are stoping others people in the way they are leaning also. Ok i think we should have Pass day again. I'm a A student and i think that was really helpful for me and my classmates.

Bel Air High School 1

Posted April 05, 2008
This school for me doesn't really help my kids at all. I don't like the way teachers teach and Im changing my kids from this school. Everyone treat them like they don't have an opinion; like they dont count and for me, that is not right.

Bel Air High School 4

Posted June 22, 2007
I am now (finally) hopeful for the future of Bel Air. Ms. Luckett, new principal, is a highly respected leader! BAHS can return to being a wonderful place to teach and learn!

Bel Air High School 4

Posted June 03, 2007
I was impressed with the teachers, never with the principal. I hope new coaches will come fill the vacancies and Bel Air will return to being a positive learning community-Go Big Red Pride! The parents, teachers, students are on the road to making great things happen.

Posted April 02, 2007
A few years ago I put my children into the Bel Air feeder pattern schools because I wanted them to go to Bel Air. As of now, however, I am no longer planning to put my children in Bel Air. I love the school for the teachers and the programs they have, but the new Principal has no connection to the community, parents, and especially the students. He does not understand that Non Academic activities are just as important as the academics as many kids will use them as a spring board into college. They are also, in many cases, one more addition to the things that keep kids in school. Perhaps his non-support of those programs is why Bel Air is losing so many teachers and students. I know they have lost mine.

Bel Air High School 2

Posted March 24, 2007
My daughter is in the health magnet and she also takes ap classes, but yet she doesn't get the same help as the rest of the school population does. She tells me that they have taken away her 'pass day' due to the fact that all health magnet students and ap students shouldn't need that chance like all the other students. The principal is basically dividing the school in this removal of chances for students who should know better. He also changed their schedule to suit pure academics and give only 45 min. to p.e and elective classes. What he doesn't know is that some students have their core subjects in those classes. He needs to open his eyes and see these changes aren't helping this school at all.

Bel Air High School 2

Posted March 02, 2007
This used to be an awesome school with terrific leadership. During the past ten years it has gone through many changes but still accomplished many wonderful things. However, since Oct. 2005 it has gone downhill drastically due to the new principal. Thank god the faculty are great and the students are trying in spite of the low morale.

Posted February 27, 2007
I feel that Bel Air has dropped to the bottom of the list for high schools. Teachers are fighting hard to do what's best for students and the principal is a road block. Do the right thing and step a side.

Bel Air High School 1

Posted September 19, 2006
bel air high school is making a lot of dramatic changes this school year they are making things real complicated for students they are more focused on the dress code then the education it self. They brought in a new principle in which does not even have a year with the students does not know them profoundly and is already making dramatic changes in the school to the point were the drop out rate is increasing in bel air I believe that this school has gone from a school of excellence to a school that no longer interest students in coming, but other than than that the school is a good campus the students are great and are trying to adapt to the new changes that the principle has made

Bel Air High School
731 North Yarbrough Drive, El Paso, TX  79915
(915) 434-2001
Last modified Bel Air High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bel Air High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top