Bad
Good

Alicia R Chacon is an awesome school!!!! This school provides a third language for all students making spanish a fluent language since it is said for spanish speakers to succeed in wrtting and reading at a faster pace. I, as a parent, I think school is very strict in every aspect, but remember hard work pays off at the end. All teachers are awesome!!!

This school is for involved parents. Do not have your child attend if you do not plan on involving yourself in your child's education. I am very pleased with Alicia Chacon. My child spoke no Spanish going in and is also one of the youngest in the class. She has done really well. She is doing great in Russian and her science and math kills are superb. Teachers are strict and the school has a strict discipline policy. The one area I would like to see improvement is work with students who are not native Spanish speakers early so students will learn Spanish faster. Maybe incorporate the Pinsleur method. It has really helped my child.

I'm a seventh grade student at this school. I've been coming here sense kindergarten, sense I've been here I have learned English, Spanish and Japanese. This Spring Break I will be going to visit Japan through the school, and we've been well prepared to go over there and have no struggles speaking their language. Our German students will be hosting some students from Germany this month and we will learn how to interact with them. I have never had any struggles in any TAKS, we have all been well prepared and I have gotten honerable mention on all my TAKS test since third grades. Our school has been very strict since we were little, and to this day we have caused no trouble to teachers. The teachers there are great and have been well prepared to teach us properly. I have no complains on this school, honestly.

This school is for parents that want their children to excell in the world. It is also a school for open minded people who believe that their children are capable of learning not only english, but spanish fluently, and a third language. My child is in kindergarden and it has not been easy since she was not fluent in spanish, after three months she spoke it very well. Kindergardeners learn to read and write earlier than english speakers which I think is great. They are strict, but personally I think Alicia Chacon is 'public' private school. Every effort made here is definitely worth it!

This is an excellent school. I graduated the year 2009 from this school, and I now attend Mission Early College High School. This school tought me a third language, Russian. I got to travel to Russia through the school. Isn't that amazing! Though its classes may be tought,once you get to high school, it is like walking on air.

I was a student at Alicia R Chacon, I graduated in 2007, I really recommend this school, when I got to Americas High School, it showed the differnece of how well this school prepared you.

My three children graduated from ARC. I am proud to say that my two boys have now graduated from high school and had no problems passing the TAKS. My second boy actually graduated from high school in 3 years due to the credits he carried on from ARC. My daughter is now a freshman and already has college credits for Spanish. She too has chosen to graduate in 3 years. I think that the rigor that the school has prepares students for the expectations of AP high school courses. (Both my boys graduated under the distinguished plan). I also have to say that as a parent that has dealt with the school since it opened I was very happy to see Ms. Polanco McKneely join the administrative team.

I have visited this school and analyzed their tests results. I must say I am not impressed. For a school who chooses who attends (most kids are teacher kids) I would think they would have better tests scores. I was not impressed by the teaching or the curriculum. I would have my children go elsewhere.

Alicia R. Chacon is a wonderful school that has prepared my 3 boys in very special matter. The teachers and all of the other professionals in this school have always looked for the best interest of the children. I have been a proud volunteer for the past 9 years and hope to work there one day.

Excelent public school. ARC School offers a variety of activities that enhance the students development, such as third language teaching and sport specific instruction. The staff is very proffesional and commited to student success

Last modified Alicia R. Chacon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.