Radford School

Private | PK-12

Living in El Paso

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $82,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $580.

Sweep tile

Posted March 6, 2014

What a great school! The staff are wonderful, the parents are involved and the academics are stellar. You can really get involved in your child's education at this school. My daughter just loves the trap and skeet team. What an experience. There are plenty of activities o keep the student engaged. Thanks Radford School!

Posted March 6, 2014

I love my school! Thanks to our math teacher I actually like math for the first time and I enjoy my other classes too. What I enjoy the most are my friends. I have made some great friends at this school. Oh, and the lunch is the best too!

Posted December 12, 2013

Our family was considering a move from one El Paso neighborhood to another and did not want our daughters to be tied to one geographic area. We could not have made a better choice! The students come from a variety of areas and backgrounds. The teachers are caring and professional and the academic program is first rate.

Posted September 17, 2013

I sent my children to Radford School to escape the inane testing in the public schools. All they did was test prep. No real teaching occurred. My children love Radford! They are getting a top-notch education, classes are small, etiquette classes are taught, and they are both in band and swimming. The administration and teachers are so friendly and helpful. I am sorry we didn't come sooner!

Posted April 30, 2013

My children have been attending this school for two years, coming from a slightly larger private school in another city. The high school education is top notch due to AP classes, Academic Decathlons, PSAT's taken by everyone, award-winning science fair participants and very experienced educators. 100% of graduating seniors attend college. Every year. How many public schools can brag about that? Lunch time, as you've read in other reviews, is like no other school. Parents are very involved, even in high school. And no, there is no bullying. Kids are made to feel welcome and joke with each other, but in no way is it bullying. It is the only school in this entire area with a Trap and Skeet Team. In its first year it has already won awards and is for both boys and girls. The band, even though it's only in its 2nd year, has also won awards. The swim team is made up of all grades and is competing and winning (school has an indoor olympic sized pool). So what if they don't have a football team - these and other activities still make it a great school!

Posted April 23, 2013

Excellent school! I think I finally found the best school in El Paso. Reading the other comments, I have to say I am a bit surprised. I brought up some concerns with a couple of rogue students with ties to my daughter's previous school and their attempts at continued bullying. The Principal Mr. Doran, Mrs. Stephens, and Mrs. Gilbert--all school heads, took each one of my concerns seriously. I was impressed by the attention given to each situation. Things can't always be perfect, but I did not have anyone belittle or ignore my concerns when I brought them up. A student was actually suspended for her bullying. My daughter transferred from Loretto Academy and I can tell you that school did not respond appropriately to concerns. What a waste of money. Radford has proven itself to be top notch. Right down to the family style dining--providing healthy and balanced meals for the students. The principal has an open door policy, which is great. I am now confident my daughter will be prepared academically, socially and spiritually and that is all that matters to me. I'll keep paying the price to keep her here in an environment that is safe, productive and inspiring. Thanks Radford!

Posted March 31, 2013

Horrible school to put your child in. This school changes your child's personality. My older sister went to this school, and she really hated it so much. She had a friend who was bullied like crazy in this school, and when her friend left she left too. Her friend now has a hard time trying to make new friends and meeting new people, because her friend thinks what happened at Radford will happen in her friend's new school. "Im scared I be might asked to go away." "If I sit here, I might get yelled at and told to sit somewhere else." It all happened at Radford, and her friend thinks it will happen in other places. I would not recommend this school for anyone. Teachers and staff let it all happen and do not do anything about it. Public School is better.

Posted March 15, 2013

Have to agree with the last reviewer. There is a huge culture of bullying. No real policies on bullying. Administrators seem to want to please everyone. Multiple complaints on a particular child by different parents yield no real actions. Too bad, this school has potential but has tired administrators who lack any real disciplinary directive. Many parents are not returning and are looking elsewhere.

Posted December 14, 2012

had my son in radford,bad teachers and bad school education system,is better to have them in a public school,the only good thing the do well is teaching the manners,expensive and they dont encourage kids ,they give the kids good grades without any effort,when i took him out and put him in a public school my kid was a better student but it took him 1 year to be at same level of public because in radford he didint learn a lot.

Posted August 9, 2012

My little sister went to this school, and she hated it. From what she would tell me about her friend, it sounds as if this school has so many bullying problems. She would describe them as, rude compliments, outnumbering others, nobody cares or watches out for each other, and more. The staff doesn't even care about the students or do they do anything about it. They just let it happen. Her friend hated it too. Her friend would come home sad and stressed all the time. Luckily, she made the right choice of going to a public high school.

Posted February 27, 2012

The best school in El Paso! My son is a sixth-grader in Mrs. Wison's class at Radford School and has done extremely well after a disappointing fifth-grade year in EPISD due to an unmotivated teacher that needs to retire. Mrs. Wilson is a great teacher that has invested the time in getting my son caught-up after losing a full year in the public schools. The quality of the administration, teachers, coaches, and staff are the best in El Paso. The parents are very involved and friendly as are all of the students. He was able to participate in sports and the science fair in sixth-grade, something that he couldn't have done in EPISD until 7th-grade. Apparently EPISD would rather their sixth-graders hangout and do nothing in preparation for dropping out. The value of education cannot be measured in dollars and Radford School is an absolute bargain. The school offers the best in lunches with fresh prepared meals served at a table with tablechloths and silverware. Etiquette and manners are stressed and their school uniforms are the best in El Paso. I cannot say enough good about this school and its principal Mr. Doran. A great addition to the school is their music program.

Posted June 15, 2011

I moved my girls from public school to Radford in Jan 2011 and have not been sorry. One girl is almost a grade level ahead and the other has an IEP. Both girls educational needs are met and they love belonging to a community. The teachers speak to you at drop off and pick up if you choose to come into the school. They really care that you are happy with your child's progress. The principal is the crossing guard and greets each child and parent by name every morning and afternoon.. He is always available to hear comments and concerns. Lunch is an absolute delight with family style dining and quiet conversation. Good table manners and proper socialization is reinforced by teachers at every table. We will keep our children here until we move and it is worth every penny!

Posted April 20, 2011

My son has had the best experience at Radford. The teachers at Radford care about the whole child. The classes are challenging and the teachers give free tutoring after school. Radford is a family oriented school and has a strong community. The kids at Radford are very good to one another. They are kind. I am very happy with our decision to move our son to Radford.

Posted July 14, 2010

I have two daughters in Radford School. The teachers are very kniowledgable and caring. The highschool program is challenging. All students participate in AP classes. They may also join ACADEC. PSAT is given since 7th grade. The school is small and has a family atmosphere. My girls love it. They are part of the dance club and volleyball.

Posted March 31, 2010

Sports teams are not organized. Few extracurricular activities. School has potential, but is not worth the cost.

Posted October 6, 2009

This year the school has to offer more college credit hours than in the past years. Education has a greater value for the student's knowledge and intelligence. There are more sports for the school to offer this year. Teachers are not just showing ediquet, but preparation to have a good future to our lives.

Posted September 10, 2009

What a blessing Radford School turned out to be for my children. We came in from a church school environment and were cautious. Although not religious, Radford expects their students and faculty to behave with integrity and compassion. The tuition is comparable to other quality private schools in the El Paso area - the cost of dinning is included in the cost. Speaking of dinning - lunch is another opportunity for education. Students sit in mixed age groups with an adult 'head of table'. Multi-course meals served family style are well prepared and nutritious. My children cannot say enough about the lunches. Radford is more than just fine dinning and swimming in gym - both my children were given a strong foundation in Mathmatics and test taking skills. Their PSAT, AP, and SAT scores were off the charts :) translating into college savings (scholorship offers) for their parents!

Posted September 5, 2009

i went to radford for club volleyball and went to some class ther i learned alot more at public school then i did at radford but its a nice school

Posted April 15, 2009

Radford is a great school. The teachers, counselor and principal know the students and parents by name. The small classes are excellent and allows for more individual instruction if needed. The students have art, music, and swimming as part of their P.E. instruction. At Radford everyone gets a chance.

Posted February 19, 2009

Radford School is just a name really. The rules are bent for the richer students and the golden childern. Yes the academics are good. But there are not other activites to do. Dont send your kids here.

Asian 4% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (915) 565-2730

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2001 Radford St