Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

EMS has helped to instill in our student, the same beliefs we have--BE More, DO More, GIVE More. Whether it is through NJHS or through community involvement and helping our neighbors, the core values EMS has for it's students, staff, teachers, paraprofessionals is all the same...it's not a one size fits all approach to life...it's an all day every day be your best, do your best, give your best...and your best will give more, do more, and be more.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Every adult can look back on their life and say, "there's that 1 teacher who helped me the most." At EMS, we're blessed as parents to have multiple teachers who have made a difference for our student. From Science, to math, to ELA, to History, to coaches, every single teacher that has interacted with our student has made a lasting impression. The teachers at EMS make us are very dedicated to the success and growth of each and every student in all of their classes.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The teachers at EMS are beyond amazing. They utilize the same tools and resources we grew up with, but they also utilize technology that is relevant to our kids with programs and apps to help keep them on track and motivated. When you can reach kids in the technological element that is relevant to their age and use it in a way that keeps them growing, you are doing something right!

Since moving into the Elgin ISD, our child has excelled academically & socially. We credit the teachers, the school staff, and the District for a great deal of this! Their encouragement and dedication to each student, is part of why we love this school so much!

I feel that Elgin Middle School is a great school because it offers students so many extracurricular and fine arts options. The students are able to take Choir, Dance, Theatre Arts, Symphonic Band, Ensemble Band, Art, PE, Athletics, Lego Robotics, and Career Portals! I am also excited that the students are preparing all 8th grade students to pass the TSI (College Entrance) exam. This give the students the opportunity to start Early College High School at Elgin High School.

Sending my son off to middle school was a scary task but boy, oh boy was I wrong. EMS has certainly put this mama's concerns at ease. I feel very connected due to great communication and my child is thriving! He has some many opportunities afforded him which makes going to school something he actually wants to do. Way to go, EMS!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great job of keeping parents in the loop!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership team is amazing and so caring.

I understand the concerns that are being stated in the review section for Elgin Middle School, BUT if the concerns are so highly disturbed, how come it's not being addressed to the proper qualified school officials, instead of behind a PC? However, I understand the concerns, and I took it upon myself to address the issues. Moral of the story is, not too many people are outspoken, but when it comes to our children we should take it upon ourselves to make sure their getting the adequate education, and not behind. One person says that parents are not involved? Not true. I must say that theyr'e are not enough parents that are involved, however, maybe the child is succeeding because he/she needs the proper education. Anyone can pass 8th grade on a 5th grades education. Right? So, speak up! We love our children, and want college to be fun to learn and become successful! May God bless you all....

I enjoyed sending my son to Elgin Middle School. The teachers and administration are delightful. There were always enough books, computers and other supplies for the students. Parents need to GET INVOLVED! Most the parents do not get involved, maybe it's because in the part of town zoned for this school they don't speak English? Anyway, I think Elgin Middle School is great!

Last modified Elgin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.