K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Both 6th grade teachers were new to school last year. Ms. Navarro is truly an awesome teacher, very patient, experienced and effective in teaching math, religion, and science. Mr. Brimeyer, however, came to MIS straight from college, and could not teach much. Kids had to learn most stuff on their own. He struggled to keep up with posting grades and assignments in the online tool (at times, he was 2-3 weeks behind, which defies the purpose of the online communication). He could not figure out how to make simple and useful handouts to help students understand basics and he made many grading mistakes (always at student's expense).

Amount of homework: Disagree

Totally nuts amount of homework given on daily basis. Teachers do not coordinate with each other how many assignments they give for which subject daily, so there are many evenings where a child spends 4 hours doing homework and going to bed very late.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The religious curriculum builds character and teachers encourage honesty, fairness, and integrity by their example and through discipline in the classroom.

Awesome school, caring teachers, and lifelong friends! My daughter is appropriately challenged academically in a Christ centered and kind environment.

I've sent four kids through this school and we've had nothing but great experiences. It feels like a family there. They are excellently prepared for high school. And the religious instruction is thorough and faithful to Church teaching. The teachers and administration are excellent. I give Mary Immaculate my highest recommendation.

MIS is a wonderful school with smart, dedicated and passionate teachers. I have one getting ready to graduate from 8th and go to his HS of choice because of all of the support and care that his teachers have given him since he first started attending MIS. I love as a parent how all the teachers get to know your child and help them reach their goals. They know when to encourage and when to push. They take great care in each students school journey. MIS is not just where my kids attend school but it is our school family. My youngest is so excited to be starting his MIS journey this August in kindergarten. We are so happy to be a MIS family!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I could not say enough positive things about the teachers at MIS. They are an amazing team.

Amount of homework: Agree

the teachers are cognizant of what the students have going on on a daily basis. They work to balance the homework load throughout the school year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Being a Christ centered school MIS works hard to develop every child to value their integrity and their word not just in their faith but their everyday life.

Coming from a public school background, I didn't know what to expect when we started our first child at Mary Immaculate 15 years ago. What I found was a community of teachers, families, and staff who genuinely care not only about the best education for the children, but also character growth and compassion for others. Our last child is graduating this year, and the same values and commitment to the children have not wavered. My husband and I have made life-long friends, as have our children. We will miss MIS and have no doubt the future students are in the best of hands. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!

Last modified Mary Immaculate Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8