K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

MIS is truly a home away from home for my family. We are part of a great community that helps us to grow in both our faith and friendships. Wonderful teachers have helped my kids grow so much over the last three years.

Not being from the area originally, we feel very fortunate to have found Mary Immaculate Catholic School ~7 years ago, not only for our kids but for our family as well. We have three students currently enrolled and have enjoyed becoming a part of the community as parents. Homework has steadily increased as the subject matter becomes more complex, but through relationships developed with teachers & parents, this was something we were well prepared for. The number of opportunities to participate in extracurricular actvities is quite impressive and as you interact with parents from other schools, it makes you proud to say you're from MIS when both academic & athletic reputations are discussed.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Time spent on homework is different for each grade. The teachers instill great study habits by giving homework each night. To me, this means my child is studying a little each night for test and not the night before! I wish teachers did this for me when I was in school. I would have been better prepared for high school and college. So great to see this start at a young age! Homework can be family time too, to assist where/when needed depending on what is being studied. As parents, we must show value and importance in homework skills by modeling this behavior and showing the positive aspects of homework and how this will help them in the future in school and the workplace as sometimes we need to dedicate extra time to do a good job!

Our decision to send our daughter to MIS has proven to be a wonderful experience. The teachers, staff and close community of other parents make this school a terrific place for our daughter to grow in academics, faith, friendship and projects that give back to the community. The school is filled with traditions and faculty that have years of tenure. We came to this school last year from a public school and we were matched with a family in my daughters grade who helped answer questions and provided support in our transition. We felt so welcomed from the very beginning. The school holds many community building events and there is a tremendous amount of parent support and engagement with class activities through out the year. My daughter loves going to this school and comes home happy as can be everyday.

We just finished our second year at MIS. The teachers are truly interested in each child succeeding. My children look forward to going to school because they enjoy it and have made many good friends. I have also found the parents to be friendly. I'm excited to see our sons grow educationally and spiritually at MIS.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much homework. We don't get to have any family time in the evenings.

I agree with the parent who posted feedback about the Middle/Junior High school Spanish teacher. It's not a new problem, tho. We were warned about her by other parents as soon as we joined the school a few years ago. She does not set kids for success: no hand-outs, no lesson plans, no communication to parents. Grading is absolutely subjective, and as she gets to it. It's like she is purposely and systematically working on killing kids' interest in learning a second language.

Both of my children have attended MIS since Kindergarten and they are flourishing both socially and academically. My son, a current eight grader, is excelling in his classes and is developing leadership skills through sports and student council. My daughter, a current junior in a CFB high school, is a top performing student as well as a student leader in various student groups. Their strong academic and social foundation was formed at MIS. We cannot fully express how grateful we are for everything the teachers, staff and administration have done for our family. We highly recommend this gem of a school.

MIS did an excellent job in preparing my eldest son to thrive in high school. His skills are particularly strong in English, Math, History and Science. MIS also did a great job preparing my son for the transition into high school. He learned who he is and what his core values are - important factors for anyone but especially for a young man venturing into some new freedoms and experiences that come with high school. My youngest son is in kindergarten at MIS and we could not be happier. The experiences he has had the first semester have been such confidence builders for him. He entered into school unsure if he really wanted to be a way from home/mom and is now engaged with his classmates, prayer partner and teachers and excited about all he is learning. To see him excited to read to his family and talk about what he has been learning about in school is wonderful. We are so happy that we will be at MIS for the next 8 1/2 years!

My husband and I went back and forth on what school our children would attend. He attended Mary Immaculate School from Kindergarten through 8th grade, as did his sister. I attended a different parochial school in the area. So, of course, there was a bit of back and forth on the issue. What sold me, at first, on MIS was that some of my husband’s teachers were still teaching at the school. In order to hold on to teachers for so long, a school must have something going for it, right? Fast forward four years and we now have three of our children attending MIS and one on his way in a few years. Our children love the school. All the teachers we have had are outstanding. They are open, honest, kind, and compassionate. They love the children and the school. The community is fantastic. If there is a need, there is someone there willing to help. We look forward to many more years with MIS.

Last modified Mary Immaculate Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8