K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

We are not originally from Texas so we spent a lot of time researching the public schools in Coppell and toured a couple of different Roman Catholic Schools nearby. After the second time touring MIS and going to the student led mass on a Friday. it was clear we absolutely wanted our children to attend MIS. We have two daughters and have been a part of this wonderful MIS family since 2011. The teachers are outstanding and the overall community has been like a second family to us. I know my children are being challenged academically, guided spiritually, offered extra-curricular activities and supported in a Christ-filled environment. My girls love school, because of Mary Immaculate and sending out daughters to this school is the best decision we ever made as parents.

Amount of homework: Agree

I can't speak for the lower grades as I did not attend MIS then, but in junior high, the homework load was more than the load I had in high school; however, not too much of a problem as I had effective time-management skills by the time I started my freshman year.

Being an alumni of Mary Immaculate School, there are various good and bad aspects about the school. What I loved most was how the student-teacher dynamic was; many of the MIS teachers truly care about students' success. Along with the caring staff, I was also able to forge new relationships with my peers and the academic rigor prepared me for AP and IB classes in high school. It was also nice to be able to attend church on Fridays, and it's great how MIS has added another student mass on Wednesdays. However, like previous reviewers have stated, some academic departments could be improved. In Spanish, I struggled immensely in the subject at MIS, but thrived in high school. The teaching methods for Spanish needs to have a lot of improvement, as students who have been there since Kindergarten are still struggling in learning the language. The other academic departments are close to top-notch, especially Literature and English. Regardless, Mary Immaculate is still a wonderful school, even with its flaws, and I am glad that I got to attend.

MIS is truly a home away from home for my family. We are part of a great community that helps us to grow in both our faith and friendships. Wonderful teachers have helped my kids grow so much over the last three years.

Not being from the area originally, we feel very fortunate to have found Mary Immaculate Catholic School ~7 years ago, not only for our kids but for our family as well. We have three students currently enrolled and have enjoyed becoming a part of the community as parents. Homework has steadily increased as the subject matter becomes more complex, but through relationships developed with teachers & parents, this was something we were well prepared for. The number of opportunities to participate in extracurricular actvities is quite impressive and as you interact with parents from other schools, it makes you proud to say you're from MIS when both academic & athletic reputations are discussed.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Time spent on homework is different for each grade. The teachers instill great study habits by giving homework each night. To me, this means my child is studying a little each night for test and not the night before! I wish teachers did this for me when I was in school. I would have been better prepared for high school and college. So great to see this start at a young age! Homework can be family time too, to assist where/when needed depending on what is being studied. As parents, we must show value and importance in homework skills by modeling this behavior and showing the positive aspects of homework and how this will help them in the future in school and the workplace as sometimes we need to dedicate extra time to do a good job!

Our decision to send our daughter to MIS has proven to be a wonderful experience. The teachers, staff and close community of other parents make this school a terrific place for our daughter to grow in academics, faith, friendship and projects that give back to the community. The school is filled with traditions and faculty that have years of tenure. We came to this school last year from a public school and we were matched with a family in my daughters grade who helped answer questions and provided support in our transition. We felt so welcomed from the very beginning. The school holds many community building events and there is a tremendous amount of parent support and engagement with class activities through out the year. My daughter loves going to this school and comes home happy as can be everyday.

We just finished our second year at MIS. The teachers are truly interested in each child succeeding. My children look forward to going to school because they enjoy it and have made many good friends. I have also found the parents to be friendly. I'm excited to see our sons grow educationally and spiritually at MIS.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much homework. We don't get to have any family time in the evenings.

I agree with the parent who posted feedback about the Middle/Junior High school Spanish teacher. It's not a new problem, tho. We were warned about her by other parents as soon as we joined the school a few years ago. She does not set kids for success: no hand-outs, no lesson plans, no communication to parents. Grading is absolutely subjective, and as she gets to it. It's like she is purposely and systematically working on killing kids' interest in learning a second language.

Last modified Mary Immaculate Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8