Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter transfered to Prairie Trail and by far one of the best decision I've made. Mrs. Ellis is thus far the best 1st grade teacher.

Prairie Trail is a great school! The teachers are superb and so is the PTA. I would highly recommend this school. My child has been attending Prairie Trail for 4 academic years. Prairie Trail has been a awesome school for us. My child is extremely happy and is excited to go to school.

Most of the classroom teachers are phenomenal! The principal needs to go. The school's environment suffers under her leadership, despite the good teachers. This school has so much potential, but is seriously lacking right now. There are much better schools in the area with happier and more welcoming environments. I'll definitely be looking into a transfer as long as the principal remains here.

I have three children who attended Prairie Trail, and I could not be happier with the education they received there. I feel Prairie Trail strikes a good balance between discipline and fun. All three of my kids had teachers who cared, and who worked hard to make sure their students received a solid foundation. I have heard teachers at both Lamar Middle and Marcus High state that they love having former Prairie Trail students in their classes because those students are among the most well-prepared. I also love that PT has a bit more of a socioeconomically diverse student body than some of the other schools in Flower Mound -- I think it helps teach kids real-world lessons about empathy and acceptance, and there seems to be less financial competitiveness and materialism here as compared to some of the other schools nearby. Our family is a big fan of Prairie Trail, and am grateful our kids attended here!

My son came to Prarie Trail in the thrid grade after moving from out of state a little over two years ago. The teachers made the transition for him really easy. He has had wonderful teachers and absoutly loves all of them. You can tell the teachers really do care about the students. There are a ton of after school activities for all students.

The kids here are very intelligent. The saff is great including the teachers and the principal is fantastic. The kids have fun while they learn which I think is excellent.

Excellent school! My daughter is loves it here! They are very welcoming to parents, and there are great programs for the kids!

Excellent! I was very happy with the first year and I think a lot has to do with the teacher. My kids teacher was stern but warm and clear in her message to the kids, the boys felt very comfortable with her and they learned a lot! As with everything there are areas of improvement and I think more communication from school to parents would be useful. I also would like to see more emphasis on languages and arts. But overall friendly and helpful staff and happy with my children first year experience.

My wife is a teacher here and does a wonderful job with her kids. She spends hours working before and after school working for the kids; from creating new and interesting lessons, grading, tutoring kids who may need that little extra push to know the material, to after school activities supporting the children on organizations that promotes a strong learning enironment. I spend several evenings and weekends each year attending the school's activities and supporting the kids, and I can see how much they enjoy the school and opportunities they are presented with. Overall, I think the kids are getting a very positive education experience and will be well prepared for the challenges of middle school.

Prairie Trail is a great school. I come from a different school this year and I have three boys. A huge difference in education. The teacher care. The administration makes you feel welcome. I like the fact every child plays a recorder.

Last modified Prairie Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.