Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 17, 2015
The school nurse and the office secretary are awesome! Thank you for taking the time to make students and parents feel welcome at this school!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 17, 2015
The school atmosphere is negative and harsh. I've witnessed students not being treated fairly and are often demeaned in the presence of others (I am sure there are people there who are great at their jobs, however, in the hallways, and experience with the principals and a number of teachers, this is my observation).

Posted September 17, 2015
Unfortunately, this is THE worst school my children have attended on a military facility, which is very disheartening. The have limited resources, they only have a few (literally) afterschool programs. The school seems to not care about fostering a relationship with parents (you have to fill out an application in order to volunteer), and the atmosphere is really negative and unprofessional ( most teachers, staff, and administration). There are no buses to pick kids up who live away from the school, therefore, EVERY day, parents have to drop off and pick up their kids, which is very congested and time consuming. One of the plusses of this school is, they have a great nurse, gentleman who directs traffic, an aide, and an office secretary, who out of most of the staff members at this school, seem to genuinely take the time to show a care for those they come in contact with (I've actually overheard staff in the hall talking bad about kids, and didn't even care that others were around to hear them!) I always wondered how people could give something a "bad" review, because to me, there is always something to find good about any situation, however, in this case, this review is legit. This school needs MAJOR improvements, inside and out!

Bliss Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2014
I have three children that attend school at Bliss and we love it there. We have been at bliss school for 5yr. My kids are happy and they have loved every teacher that they have had. When we first got there I really don't care for the principal but since Dr. Brooks has taking over its a lot better. The only problem that I have had is bullying during P.E. Sometimes I feel like the coaches are not paying enough attention to what is going on. Also over the yrs I've notice how some parents complain a lot about the school, but wont step up and volunteer to help make a change.

Bliss Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2013
My son is in pre-k and the only issue we have had so far was a discrepancy with his teacher. When I went to talk to the principal about it she automatically said no problem we will switch classes and put him with the other teacher. The next morning he had a new teacher. I was quite shocked on how fast she got it done. Also this year they added a music program for the older kids which I know they didn't have in the past which is great. The only thing I don't like is the fact they don't have buses for the kids who live 2 miles out. For the parents that work its very difficult for us to bring our kids to school when as a military wife we know our husbands can't just take off work to being the kids to school. Other then that the school is great. No issues of bulling that I see and they have a gentleman up front with the preachoolers when they are let out so no one goes missing or gets to wild which is awesome!

Bliss Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2013
My daughter attends first grade at this school and for me has been of great benefit to her. If it has its flaws like any school but as education is very good. There is always unhappy parents who think their children are the only ones that exist and claim that teachers are just for them and that's impossible. I just read that treat children as military lunchtime and that is false. Children have enough time to eat and cafeteria compared to other schools in the EPISD here are very flexible.

Posted January 06, 2013
My daughters attended this school and all I can say is that it was not what I expected. Everyday I had my daughters teacher tell me she had ADD. My daughters got very very poor grades and not enough teacher-student one on one. Also, they have you wait outside a gate to pick up your children and then coral you in when they are let out. Also no after school programs. I wish I could have rated this school lower then one star. My kids are now straight A students at their new school!

Posted November 28, 2012
This is by far the worst school my children have ever attended! The principal does not care about the children or the education that our children receive. She never turned in the funding paperwork for our kids to have a computer lab so they have gone the first half of the year without computer. There is no art or music class and they only get to go to the library once a month. They treat the children like soldiers rushing them to eat and forcing them to go outside after luch even when the temps are as low as 40degrees! The parents werent allowed to use the printers in the school until they were almost a month into the school year because the principal said they couldnt afford it. Sshe shows favoritism among the children as far as their uniforms go too. My daughter was in a navy dress and was sent home because it had sparkles on it. She is in 1st grade. But the army liason's daughter only has to wear uniforms when she feels like it. They dont do things to try and get the parents involved either. In previous schools I was allowed to volunteer and we had plenty of activities to raise money for school. not here. If we get stationed here again they will be home schooled

Bliss Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2012
My daughter just completed Pre-K here, and while I think her teacher was awesome, the school itself in terms of safety for the children is horribly lacking. I stoped taking my daughter to school before class started because many times there would be no one on the playground in charge of watching all the kids. Over half the time when I would come and pick my daughter up from lunch there would be no one watching the children other then the cafeteria workers and the preschoolers would be acting wild and even out in the hall outside the cafeteria playing. Once a preschooler even manged to leave the building unnoticed during lunch, cross a four lane road, and walk a block from the school before her teacher was able to catch up with her. The lady at the front desk is always to busy on her phone or gabbing with people to be able to properly watch the one and only door that leads out of the school to public ground to be able to make sure no children do leave unauthorized. Ive talked to the prenicapal on several occasions about this and all I ever got from her was, "NEXT YEAR we have more people to help fill in". So glad we are leaving because I highly doubt next year will be any better.

Bliss Elementary School 2

Posted May 24, 2012
I have to agree with most of these posts. I do not like the school as a whole. The administration doesn't care about the parents at all. I cant get into that school without them harassing me. I have health issues that make it hard for me to stand out in the heat to wait for my kids. When I have to get them to go to the doctor, and call the school ahead of time to have them waiting for me I am told yeah they will be waiting for you then I end up waiting for up to 20 to thirty minutes waiting for them to get them out of class. Even when they have been told that I can not wait I have to get to my appointment. I have never dealt with a school that doesnt allow parents to come in at any time, sign in as a visitor and either go help in the classroom or just go peek in on the children. You are not allowed access to your child/ren at all. It is almost like your kid becomes a prisoner when they walk in the door. My kids have dealt with bullying, but my husband and I have taught our kids to defend themselves. if someone is mean to my kids they will get the same in return. I understand making it safe for the kids but come on really?

4401 Sheridan Road, Fort Bliss, TX  79906
Last modified Bliss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bliss Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top