Fort Worth, TX

Joy James Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2015
The school is great everyone is very friendly EXCEPT the lady who watches the kids in the cafeteria named Virginia Garcia. She's very rude towards the kids, she rolls her eyes at them and comes off rude even to the parents. I don't think that's very professional.

Posted October 04, 2009
The teachers and their aids have helped my grandson Zachary so much. I am very impressed and truly grateful for their concerns to help all children to learn and thrive.

Joy James Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2004
My students feel safe at JJE, and love their teachers. Any issues I have with a teacher is always handled professionally. I like this school because it is small and has a feeling of community.

Joy James Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2004
The main problem seems to be with the principal. She seems to believe that hitting the kids is the best form of punsihment. We are a family that believes there is very little reason to spank or whoop as she puts it. This woman needs to be removed. I am seriously looking into private schooling or the school choice of Texas which is now in affect, which is sad because the school is so close and the kids would have to leave their friends.

Joy James Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2003
Kindergarteners are expected to act like third graders from the first day of school. If not, they are given 'Sad Faces' on a daily 'behavior chart' that they are allowed to see, which, in my opinion, is devastating to a child's self-esteem. I'm just glad I don't have to go there (and I'm an adult!), and I wish I could afford private school for my child or had the skills to homeschool him.

Posted September 09, 2003
My children, ages five and nine, go to JJE. It is a good school but I believe they have way too many school functions and when they do have something going on at the school, it is usually overcrowded. I am also not too happy with how some issues are handled by the teachers.

5300 Buchanan Street, Fort Worth, TX  76114
Last modified Joy James Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joy James Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top