Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework doesn't seem to exist. Needs to be more assignments/work and less lecturing.

I had the pleasure and luck of having a top notch education at Flour Bluff High School. Unfortunately for my step-son, he has not been able to attain a similar experience, while attending Ed Willkie Middle School. The teaching and testing of knowledge at EWMS seems weak and half-hearted at best. The students' benchmark scores leave much to be desired. If you want your child to be a head above average (at the very least), plan on supplementing your student's learning with additional homeschooling after hours.

This school so far has been awful. The whole 6th grade staff as well as the principal (knowles) and the assistant principal couldn't care less about the students. It takes your child failing three classes and the teacher from another class, one that they're actually passing, to contact the parent and inform the parent about it. If the teachers are so busy that they can't make a 2 minute phone call then they're in the wrong job. Teaching is more than just handing out papers in class. It goes beyond the classroom. If you see a student is struggling, you make an effort to find out why. You bring the parents in for a conference. You don't let that child suffer. Especially one who had straight As last quarter. These teachers let this student down. All three of them. And when I tried to contact the principal, no one bothered to call me back. Sorry excuse for an administration. Needless to say, I will be going to the district tomorrow about this matter.

I think this school could do a lot better. It's just okay. Some of the staff are great, but others just don't want to teach students, they seem to just like to talk about themselves and pick on kids. The coaches are awful at encouragement and positive feed back, as are most of the teachers. I try to discourage my children from playing sports for the school. They don't make any cuts for football, so there are too many kids playing. As a result, the kids themselves aren't important. I'm not saying they all need to pump my kids up, but once in awhile it would be nice to say something that isn't negative. I've had 2 kids there, a total of 5 years between them. It's not getting better.

We are new to the area and so far my boys are liking this school. The teachers are really great and I love the weekly progress reports. So, keep up the great work Ed Willkie!!!

This school provided positive feedback if I made a one hundred on a test or if I just passed it. The teachers here know there stuff and I love it here!

I think that this school is superb

I love Willkie so much! I'm in 6th grade and its been fun learning about so many different things. The teachers go the extra mile for us to succeed and this 6 weeks we got 93% passing on report cards. That's the best in the district! Enough said. Go Badgers!

This school is highly recommended my me. My child is going into 7th grade and last year he had a ball. Great campus!!

Last modified Ed Willkie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.