Fort Worth, TX

Posted November 24, 2014
Hazel Harvey Peace Elementary is an awesome school. This is our first year and I have nothing negative to say thus far. My children's teachers are very involved and open with communication as far as their school work and their day in general. I love that there's always homework, being a teacher myself I'm all for it. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Hazel Harvey Peace Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2014
THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL SO FAR ITS MY FIRST YEAR THERE..MY CHILD IS IN PRE K. I WOULD RATE 5 BUT I THINK THEY HAVE A VERY POOR POLICY WHEN IT COMES TO THE PRE K STUDENTS GOING TO CLASS ..THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO WALK YOUR CHILD TO THERE CLASS ..AND AT THAT AGE I THINK IS SAD AND POOR JUDGMENT THEY SAY THERE TEACHING responsibility But WITH THIS BEING THERE FIRST YEAR IN SCHOOL WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE SECUIRTY OF THE PARENT BEING THERE THE FIRST YEAR AWAY FROM THE CHILD AND THE ENJOYMENT AWAY FROM THE PARENT THESE ARE SPECIAL MOMENTS THEY HAVE TAKEN AWAY MY CHILD SAY SHE IS AFRAID EVERY MORNING. ..SHE ONLYS KNOWS HER TEACHER NOT EVERY ONE IN THE BUILDING .SAD THING IS THEY ARE THE ONLY SCHOOL IN FT WORTH THAT IS DOING THIS...OTHER THAN THIS IT SEEMS GREAT ..BUT THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED ASAP ..SCHOOL BOARD

Posted September 18, 2014
We transferred 7 months ago after having awful experiences at 2 other fwisd schools. They truly restored my faith in the fort Worth independent school district. The principals along with the staff go above and beyond to ensure our children are safe and nurtured in a loving environment. It's amazing to see. In the afternoons you will often find the principals out directing the traffic flow or mingling in the crowds of students and parents. We've dealt with several schools and never have I seen such an involved principal. I can't say enough about the teachers either. My daughter has a math disability and previous schools refused to give her the help she needed. The teachers and staff at Hazel Harvey worked so hard with her and she has progressed so much in just the short time she's been there. This school truly cares about their students. I just wish they had a better middle school to go into.

Posted June 22, 2014
Hazel Harvey Peace is a wonderful school. The teachers work hard to form a working team with the parents and administrators for the success of the students. The teacher make sure they are available for continuous communication throughout the entire school year.

Hazel Harvey Peace Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2013
For the most part I am pleased with this school, the only problem I have is every year they get a new person In their office who can't help with anything, not sure why that is but good thing they are able to hang on to their Secretary. She is the only one in the office area who is knowledgeable with what's going on and will assist you with anything you ask. She is very pleasant, very professional and very funny. I hope they hang on to her because she's the glue holding the front together. I also have a great relationship with my child's teacher and some of the other staff members. They are all getting better and each year brings a more confident staff. Keep up the good work at Peace and hang on to the Secretary because I really enjoy talking to her.

Posted August 25, 2013
Hazel Harvey Peace is a great school!! We provide our students with opportunities for leadership while also preparing them for college. Student achievement is our number one goal. The leadership team and staff, will continue to provide a quality education that is rigorous and relevant for all students. Stop by and find out how you can make a difference in the life of a child.

Posted November 16, 2012
This school is not good, I moved here in 1959 and all my kid went through the wonderful J.T. Stevens, I never had any issues, bullying and stealing were never a problem, their grades weren't either. Now my kids have kids, my grand children. I'm told they will have to attend school at a new school. This school is located in a very unsafe area and the parents are idiots, my grandchild complains of being kicked, he has had two coats stolen, his lunch money has to be walked in by me now, trust me you don't want your kid going to this school, nothing is good about it, I put my home up for sale that's I've lived in for 53 years, my grandchildren will be attending the much better Tanglewood elementary....

Posted June 28, 2011
I am proud to be a part of the staff at HHP. We did an excellent job for a first year school. We were projected to be low-performing school, and our students proved that they are better than that. The principal is an outstanding leader, and the teachers are a dynamic team. We have high standards concerning academics and behavior. I can say with confidence that the future is very bright at HH Peace.

Posted May 03, 2011
I wish I had never sent my child there. We came from a wonderful school, where leadership was wonderful. There is "NO" zero tolerence policy !!! They do not follow the guide lines of no tolerence to bullying ..My child has been bullied from from the start. Nothing was done !!! I believe they were afraid to do anything because it would give the school a bad rating. There was no way to keep up with their homework. This school is not a place for children to learn. They are not prepared to teach children in the proper way. The lessons are hard to follow, making children confused about what they are learning. They skip, where they can go back form one thing to another. Children need books to learn.

Posted March 21, 2011
This school has been such a disappointment. Their excuse for everything is because it's a new school. If they weren't ready - they should not have opened! Our children are suffering because of it. We're not notified of failing grades/progress until it's too late. As much as we'd LIKE to, we don't have time to go to the school and talk to the teachers on a one-to-one basis to ASK for this info every 2-3 weeks. And we shouldn't have to. We don't have any way to track homework/class work. We're just expected to sit back and hope that our FIRST GRADER remembers what he/she was told to do. We have great teachers. But, they seem just as discouraged as we do. They are not given the tools needed to help our children excel. Even the drop-off/pick-up line is a mess and there is no one controlling or correcting the situation. It will probably take an injured child to get them to do something. The crossing guard even told my child that he could not be on his cellphone while on school grounds. He calls me to let me know he is out of school and stays on with me until he reaches his destination. Overall, it's just been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Hazel Harvey Peace Elementary School
7421 Trail Lake Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76133
Last modified Hazel Harvey Peace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hazel Harvey Peace Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top