Bad
Good

As parent, teacher, and principal-in-training, I view the educational environment from several perspectives. I've had children in South Louisiana, North Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Texas schools. My children attended Western Hills for four years. Teachers were professional, caring, and responded quickly to a question or concern. EVERY teacher showed up for my daughter's 504 meetings. The weakest area is the administration. I wouldn't recognize the principal if I bumped into him in the local grocery store. Fort Worth ISD doesn't assign teachers and administration in the communities where they reside, so there isn't the loyalty that should be there. Parents and students need to see teachers and administrators around and about their community. I do feel that WHHS is one of the better schools in the FWISD, but that's not saying much. I spent five years teaching at a local alternative school, so I am more aware than most where the worst schools are. My children did well because of teachers, and the support and attention of my husband and myself. We have now moved away. ANY school is better than what we found in the FWISD schools.

I use to go to this school and honestly it has got so much worse. The only thing good about this whole school is the extracurricular activities they make the school. That is all they care about.

This school looks a lot better on paper than it really is. The facilities are deplorable (as are most FWISD high schools), and leadership is unimaginative and sterile. But we have a new principal this year and hopes are high the school can be turned around back to where it once was. Despite the school the students are great.

I believe Western Hills High School was a great school. However, I found some of the teachers lacking. Personally I believe that the teacher that wasn't impressed with the administration should go to a different school bc obviously you don't care much about WHHS and shouldn't be there. The administration seemed genuinely interested in the success of the students not just about scores. If WHHS weeded out the bad teachers it would be an amazing school.

I'm a student involved in the honors courses, which, for the most part are great. There are a few teachers that I found had very little interest in teaching, but most at least attempted it. Extracurricular activities seem to be more important than school sometimes.

Last modified Western Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.