Bad
Good

Western Hills High School 2

Posted January 05, 2012
As parent, teacher, and principal-in-training, I view the educational environment from several perspectives. I've had children in South Louisiana, North Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Texas schools. My children attended Western Hills for four years. Teachers were professional, caring, and responded quickly to a question or concern. EVERY teacher showed up for my daughter's 504 meetings. The weakest area is the administration. I wouldn't recognize the principal if I bumped into him in the local grocery store. Fort Worth ISD doesn't assign teachers and administration in the communities where they reside, so there isn't the loyalty that should be there. Parents and students need to see teachers and administrators around and about their community. I do feel that WHHS is one of the better schools in the FWISD, but that's not saying much. I spent five years teaching at a local alternative school, so I am more aware than most where the worst schools are. My children did well because of teachers, and the support and attention of my husband and myself. We have now moved away. ANY school is better than what we found in the FWISD schools.

Western Hills High School 1

Posted April 14, 2010
I use to go to this school and honestly it has got so much worse. The only thing good about this whole school is the extracurricular activities they make the school. That is all they care about.

Posted September 24, 2009
This school looks a lot better on paper than it really is. The facilities are deplorable (as are most FWISD high schools), and leadership is unimaginative and sterile. But we have a new principal this year and hopes are high the school can be turned around back to where it once was. Despite the school the students are great.

Western Hills High School 5

Posted October 28, 2008
I believe Western Hills High School was a great school. However, I found some of the teachers lacking. Personally I believe that the teacher that wasn't impressed with the administration should go to a different school bc obviously you don't care much about WHHS and shouldn't be there. The administration seemed genuinely interested in the success of the students not just about scores. If WHHS weeded out the bad teachers it would be an amazing school.

Western Hills High School 4

Posted November 05, 2006
I'm a student involved in the honors courses, which, for the most part are great. There are a few teachers that I found had very little interest in teaching, but most at least attempted it. Extracurricular activities seem to be more important than school sometimes.

Posted April 05, 2006
Good academic program and school activities. Fair level of parent involvment.

Western Hills High School 2

Posted February 14, 2006
To be quiet honest, our school could be so much better. For the most part, it is very uninspiring, and lacks care in general. There are a handful of teachers who are amazing, but the amount of careless teachers far outweighs the good. I was always excited a few years back in middle school for school spirit, and all the things I thought highschool would be. I came to Western Hills and found no spirit, no love, and a depressing atmosphere. It's sad that I have to say such bad things about my own school, but it's only the truth, I wish people would step up and pull this school up to the potential it has.

Posted January 10, 2006
Parents care about the school and our extracurricular activites are very good. However, our academic programs could be much better if the administration of this school would let the teachers teach and the students learn. Instead we have an administration more into data and percentages showing their success than the giving students and teacher what they need to make the students successful and the teachers happy. The teachers at this school are more dedicated to the kids than anyone will know, but many will leave if changes aren't made at the administration level.

Western Hills High School 5

Posted January 01, 2006
This is an Awesome school. The support from the community built with the support from Administration allows every child the chance to succeed

Posted November 06, 2005
As an educator myself, and enrolling my son from another district, I held Hills to the standards of another high school in Texas and this may create some bias. I found the administration somewhat lacking in concern for its relationship with the students. Most of the kids I spoke to did not like the principal. It lacked a friendly atmosphere when compared to others. Politics seemed to overule other priorities. Many of the teachers were very good, while others were not up to par as far as caring for the kids. My son graduated from there last year, spent his junior and senior years there, but has no desire to go back as alumni, and has no pride in the fact he went there. That should say something about the environment.

Western Hills High School
3600 Boston Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76116
Last modified Western Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.