Posted August 26, 2014
This is my childs second year back and I regret it.To off last year my child was in a great school and great district (not keller) he never had a problem with his work or grades until I transferred him to Parkview.He started bringing home vey low grades. I e-mailed the teacher and asked if we could put my child in after school tutoring, she proceeded to tell me unfortunately the school does not offer tutoring. I was completely amazed ! What kind of school is not willing to help struggling students? Basically if your kid does not understand a certain subject even if you are doing all you can at home,o well not their problem.Ridiculous.Another ridiculous thing I absolutely hate about this school is the traffic.I live literally 1mile away from the school.It takes me 1HOUR to pick up my child through the school line,the teachers directing this traffic are extremely rude and do not know how to direct traffic in an effective way it is way out of hand.On rainy days when they are not out directing traffic it goes by so quickly. They definitely need a new system plan.

Posted May 19, 2014
Parkview has some hard working teachers but lacks consistency and follow through campus wide. If you go into the cafeteria during the day, your ears will be ringing from all the craziness. Kids are running down the hallway, there is no real structure to this school. There should be a banner across the front door, "Anything Goes". Call the teacher, call the office- they'll tell you something completely different. No one is on the same page.

Parkview Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
PVES has a very diverse population, which we love. However, due to the high need of low socioeconomic students, their efforts are spread thin. If you have a child that needs to see a reading specialist, forget about it. They will hardly ever be pulled even though it is the LAW. Getting services for your child can take over a reay, where at other Keller schools that long of a process is unheard of. This puts more burden on the teacher and makes the teacher prioritize her day around the low performing kids. About 6-7 years ago, this campus used to be an Exemp. campus but now it is almost under performing. Teachers are hard working but lack support to get the job done.

Posted February 17, 2014
This is my sons first year, he is in kindergarten, however he has attended school since 1. As a parent i am vastly disappointed in all aspects of this school. There is no communication from teachers to parents, between staff members or anyone for that matter. We recieve papers of upcoming events or things to bring/buy after its already due. My son has not brought home one piece of homework, and when i got a form to document on logging reading i asked the teacher (since he doesnt read yet) do i read to him or let him try to read to me and log it and her response was "if he doesnt know how to read, then you read to him". He can never tell me what he learned and i dont see any improvements. I have started schooling himbat home as well and he can now read. Also if there is a slight (40 or below) they will have server weather dismissal. Needless to say he will not be coming back and i feel this school is lazy and doesnt care!

Posted June 11, 2013
I had 2 boys attend PVE from 2002 until 2012, my youngest son started in the ppcd at 3 yrs old. The special ed department was great, but when we got to Kindergarten, his needs quickly went by the wayside due to scheduling, high faculty turn over, and lack of desire to spend the funds required to meet his needs. The ARD process is ridiculous, parents are just in the room for show, not to provide input. Most suggestions I brought to the ARD would be turned down. I thought this was a KISD issue, but when we got to CTI in the 5th grade, our concerns/suggestions were listened to and within months our son had an educational diagnosis of Autism, a disorder normally diagnosed between ages 6 - 10 , but not at PVE. I have had 2 special needs advocates view my sons records, both have said PVE flat out dropped the ball, for years. If you have a child with special needs, run as far away from PVE as possible. If you have no choice, hire an advocate to go to all ARDs with you. Also KISD has drawn the boundaries for PVE in a crazy jig-saw puzzle way causing the lower socioeconomic families to feed into PVE inspite of the location of there home. This enables the school to receive title 1 funding.

Posted May 26, 2013
We really love this school. The population is very diverse and the teachers are great at communicating with parents. My daughter has life-threatening food allergies and they are very responsive to her needs and prepared for as much as they can be. The asst principle had some creative ideas to keep her safe but included in the cafeteria and the teachers are, if not always on top of the constant celebrations, open to nagging from concerned parents. I was terrified to bring my daughter for Kindergarten but now, going into second grade, I feel very safe having her there. The academics are like any other school in America - you get out what you put in. I moved into Keller ISD from Virginia before my daughter started Kindergarten - I was emailing the RN in charge of health services before I even got here - and everyone from the top down was very helpful and responsive.

Parkview Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2011
My son's teacher keeps me well informed and contacts me with any concerns regarding his learning. I am very pleased with my son's school and he is very happy there as well. Although he is in 1st grade he is still close to his kindergarten teacher and all the facility there.

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted December 17, 2008
I have a daughter in second grade here at Parkview. She has done great all three years and has had teachers that went out of their way to keep her engaged. There is a great PTA and they just started a dad's group called Watch DOGS.

Parkview Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2008
I have Two kids at parkview and it is joy to see how much they have excel in there lesson especially my younger daughter. I give a rating of five star

Parkview Elementary School
6900 Bayberry Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76137
Last modified Parkview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top