No rating

Lake Country Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $129,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted March 4, 2010

I only had 1 child at this school last year, and its definitly not worth the money. Very disappointed how the money was managed. You can walk inside & out and see how dated everything is. Academically this school did not impress me or teach my child the way I thought a private school would & should. It seemed more like he was memorizing more than really learning and studying about a subject. Also they didnt have a lunchroom that served hot lunches?!?! Every child had to bring a lunch or have an option to be served from a fastfood chain. I believe Eagle Mountain Saginaw & Northwest ISD have great schools for any child to attend. I myself have 3 children and am very excited that my 2 oldest attend Northwest .I have friends at both these districts and hear wonderful positive comments.

Posted January 22, 2010

I am a proud alumni of LCCS and current parent of an LCCS student. I cannot recommend the school enough to my friends and family. I am excited to see how the academic standards have continued to increase. On the elementary level, great strides have been taken to increase and expand the mathematics and reading programs. On the secondary level, the number of Pre-AP and AP courses (as well as their success rate at earning college credit) rivals other more well-known (and expensive) private schools in the Fort Worth area. I am also thankful for the spiritual background and lessons I learned at LCCS. The teachers Biblically-integrate each course and each lesson. All students learn how to approach life with a Biblical worldview. The school is excellently run, and worth every penny of the tuition (which is still very reasonable considering the quality of services provided by the school.)

Posted July 16, 2009

I would agree with the previous two statements regarding the very top leadership at this school. In my opinion, there are problems in this area. The teachers and academic standards are good. The teachers are especially outstanding!

Posted September 27, 2008

Horribly managed financially. Lots of good teachers and staff who are in great need of administrative leaders who are not only compassionate Christians but who also have some business and school administrative sense. Very charismatic in their demonstration of faith however, it could be a great school if it was not so mismanaged.

Posted August 27, 2008

Not happy with the leadership of this school. How about just finishing one thing you start (the gym, football field, etc.). I do not trust the direction of the school board. I feel there is a spirit of poverty over this school. If things do not change quickly, this will be the last year for my two sons to attend.

Posted July 15, 2008

I have attended LCCS for many years. If it wasn't for the safety, spiritually, i would not be attending Lake Country. I think the school is run poorly and need adminstrative help.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 11, 2008

My son has been attending Lake Country since kindergarten and we are so blessed by this school. For the first two years we drove over 60 miles round trip each day and then we decided to move closer! The teachers truly care for the students here, and the children absolutely get the attention they need in the classroom, academically. There are advanced and honors programs and the academics are above the national average (test scores). The children are challenged to THINK and use their God given talents to glorify HIM. The school's fine arts program is top notch and the athletics program is absolutely great! Especially with the new addition of FOOTBALL! There are plenty of extra curricular activities and opportunities for your children right from the start. The Lord is definitely among the halls of Lake Country Christian School and I couldn't be prouder to send my son there!

Posted May 17, 2007

I compared the acedemic work brought home by my son at lake country and a neighbor whose kid attends eagle mountain elementary. I found LCCS to behind acedemically and not very challenging. The christian teachings seem to be more charismatic than non-denominational. I would attend the church at least 4 times before sending your kids there. The field day looked like they put it together at the last minute with no budget. I was very disappointed and it doesnt seem worth the money.

Posted April 28, 2006

Great teachers and staff! My son is learning so much and has really grown in the Lord! We love it here.

Posted June 13, 2005

I am pleased with the academic programs at LCCS. The school offers many AP classes in high school and Pre-AP classes in the middle school. Most of the middle and high school teachers have had AP training so that they can incorporate higher-level thinking skills into their classes. The fine arts program is phenomenal. All students, K-12 present musicals on their appropriate level, with the high school presenting a Broadway musical. Private lessons in the fine arts are available throughout the school day to enhance the program. Lake Country is adding a football program in 2005-2006 and currently has basketball, soccer, volleyball, baseball, track and cross-country. The girls' basketball team has won state the last two years. Parents are highly involved in all grade levels and are encouraged by the administration and staff to be so. I have been involved with LCCS for 16 years and find it to be the best.

Posted May 24, 2005

I am very disappointed in the quality of the academic program (especially the zero for late work policy imposed upon the middle school children w/o regard for their self-esteem and/or consideration of their parents opposition to that illogical policy) which was abruptly decided upon by the 'key officials'-whomever they may be. I have also found that the teachers that I've encountered this year were just 'thrown' into a position w/o much, if any wisdom or knowledge of the subject that they were to 'teach' the children. I certainly didn't find this school worthy of the cost to attend. But then, I guess that's why they have implemented a 'No REFUND' policy as well; in case one decided he really wanted to withdraw.

Posted October 28, 2004

Excellent! 25 year history; newer athletics emphasis with bldgs and staff; many men in coaching & teaching (great for my 10th & 8th grade boys as a single mom); middle/high school is safe (physically, spiritually) and supportive. Fine Arts is unparalleled in DFW! Elementary years were outstanding (six years at LCCS, homeschool/otherschooled three years, now we're so pleased to be back.) What a difference between Christian schools! LCCS is a happy, loving environment where the bar is set high and kids live up to the expectations of their teachers, their parents and their Lord! Academically solid, accommodating without compromising. International mission trips, divided classes for smaller class sizes, and praying teachers and staff make Lake Country Christian School the best kept secret in northwest Tarrant County! Families travel from all points to attend LCCS and with good reason. Five-star and then some!

Posted May 19, 2004

As parents, it is our duty to provide our children with the tools they need to grow into productive, happy, well-adjusted adults. LCCS has been such a blessing in assisting us in this endeavor. We personally couldn't be any happier with the personal attention these teachers place on our two girls (4th & 9th Gr.). Not only do they drill these kids with the education they need for their future, but they place high importance on values to make these youth hunger to make a difference in the world, in the name of Jesus. Special accolades to Mrs. Cowan, High School Counselor; she truly loves these kids. Four thumbs up!

Posted August 12, 2003

My Wife and I decided to send our kids to a wonderful school,after great deal of serching, The administator is a wonderful person and well qualified. infact she got the Admin. of the year in the DFW area last year, this school sure know how to prepare the students for college more than any school I know of. they assign alot of homework, they decipline the student to the max, the PTA is wonderful, their girls basketball team won the state championship last year.Our kids are now in Middle School and they have been in this school since the beginning. When I see the fruits in my kids that was planted by their teachers I am so proud to say LAKE COUNTRY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is deserving of the highest honor, we certainly recommend it to anybody who desires the best education for their kids.

Posted August 10, 2003

I have 2 kids who are attending lake country Christian School Since Kindergarten, they are in 6th and 8th grade now. this school provides an atmosphere to student that will anable them to go to college completely prepared, they do that by giving them alot of homework and good displine.The principle is such an outstanding person who hires only well qualified teachers, and does not compromise in doing what is right for both the school and students. thier sports program however needs alot of improvement. I have seen quiet a few students who graduated from this school excell very well in college and are strong leaders in thier communities. I would certainly recommend this school to any parents who wants the best for their children and the future of our country.

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Texas A&M
Texas Christian University
University of Oklahoma
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Nancy Purtell, M.Ed.
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Core knowledge
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
  • Independent Study
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Texas A&M
Texas Christian University
University of Oklahoma
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes