Posted January 10, 2013
We LOVE Wedgewood Elementary! My son is in Kindergarten and loves his teacher and the environment at this school. His teacher is AWESOME and the office staff, Vice Principal, and Principal are all wonderful. They have always been very polite and more than helpful. The PTA is very strong and they have tons of volunteer opportunities. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Wedgewood Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2012
I didn't like the K LPDD classroom, I felt they were unprepared for my child and my child regressed significantly. There was no structure when you arrived and the teacher was pulled from the classroom quite often. I feel bad for the kids that missed out on even 1 minute of her abscense because it does make a huge difference. I spoke to the teacher and the principal about my concerns and nothing was really done about it. These workshops should be conducted in the summer or on the weekends it shouldn't interfere with the childs education. These children need help desperately they are special needs and need consistency. Another thing that made me loose hope in this school was a permision slip they sent home which they stated," They would attempt to supervise my child", and basically if they didn't suceed at that I would be responsible for his actions while he was at the field trip. So if the teacher is going to "attempt" to keep my child safe than I "will" take my child out of that school. If the teacher is not able to teach my child on a daily basis nor supervise him than why am I putting my child in harms way of not getting an education nor being safe.

Posted December 12, 2009
Wedgewood Elementary is a wonderful school. It always starts with the leadership, and Wedgewood's Principal & Vice Principal are always involved, and love to know the students on a more personal level. My student hasn't had a bad experience yet with his teachers, and he is in the 3rd grade. I've heard the same from many other parents too. My son has come so far since Kindergarten, and I can only give the teachers kudos for that. There is so much the school offers for extracurricular activities as well - choir, art programs, PTA sponsored programs, fun runs, the Discovery Garden, book clubs, bookfairs, etc, etc. Some fun things to mention - Mornings with Mom, Donuts with Dad, Winter Feast, Thanksgiving Feast, Rodeo Day, Reflections art program, Scholastic Book Fair, Holiday Shoppe, and SO many more. The facilities are always immaculate, and the the classrooms colorful & comfortable. We love WWE!!!

Posted February 27, 2009
I love this school. The adminstration is extremely friendly and truly care about children. The teachers seem to have fun with the children also.

Posted December 04, 2008
We have had three children attend this school, and it's a wonderful learning environment. Many of the high school's honors kids come from Wedgewood. The ARD staff and PPCD teachers are especially caring and work earnestly with special needs children. Respect and compassion for others are instilled in the kids' education from Day 1. And the teachers and staff are very friendly positive, and keep the campus quite orderly and neat, which makes for happier kids. Every one of our sons' teachers has been involved, easy to reach, and very aware of their progress at all times. It's the best-run elementary school that I know of. Plus, the setting is very nice. We're lucky to have our kids there.

Posted September 20, 2008

Posted July 24, 2008

Posted June 22, 2008
Wedgewood Elementary sits amongst trees in park like setting. It's teachers and staff are highly professional and are dedicated educators. Families have the choice to be involved in their child's education, the PTA works quite hard to support the school and its programs. Teachers are continuously volunteering their time to attend workshops that keep them up to date on the latest in teaching. As the school song states, 'The teachers really care'. It has been written, 'You only get out of life what you put into it, and nothing more'. As parents, if you put effort into your child's education, communicate with the teachers and staff, and take care of your child's needs, then you will have a fantastic experience in your child's education, regardless of which school he attends. Wedgewood's staff is caring and friendly and I am proud to be a member of it.

Posted May 28, 2008

Posted May 01, 2007
I love Wedgewood Elementary. I have 4 children, which 3 are still in Wedgewood. My oldest is now a freshman at Clear Brook High School. She started at Wedgewood when she was in 3rd grade. My other children are in 4th, 2nd and 1st grade. They have all been there since Pre-K. The teachers and all of the other staff are wonderful. My kids love going to school there. The teachers really know how to make the children feel important. They teach on everyone's own level and get everyone going where they need to be. The teacher's really care about the student's and there feelings. They tend to all of there needs. Wedgewood is great!

Wedgewood Elementary School
4000 Friendswood Link Road, Friendswood, TX  77546
Last modified Wedgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wedgewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top