Friendswood, TX
Students enrolled: 1,512

Friendswood J High School 1

Posted December 21, 2013
Friendswood Junior high is not a good school. The academics were EXTREMELY unsatisfactory. -Submitted by a Student

Friendswood J High School 3

Posted January 21, 2012
FJH has a brand new state of the art facility. It is beautiful. This we are enjoying. My child has had mostly wonderful teachers in 6th and 7th grades. One or two have been bad. The ancillary staff are very nice. As far as the administration goes, I think about half of them need replacing. On the good side, the instruction is high level. On the bad side, a lot of the kids are very snobby and cliquish, and there is a lot of bullying. There is too much emphasis and money spent on sports, and no programs or associations for the gifted kids, while surrounding school districts all have dedicated gifted programs. If my child was academic and not into sports, I would not go here.

Friendswood J High School 1

Posted February 07, 2010
If the school is so great then why can't the students who are writing reviews spell!!! I have never seen so many misspellings! Friendswood is a dopey town full of dopey kids and parents!! Weird bunch of people and the school district uses the taxpayers money for non school related issues!!

Posted January 30, 2010
FJH is a fantastic school! Academics, sports, fine arts--they have it all! When we moved to Houston from CA, we chose to live in Friendswood because of the school district. The high ratings and test scores combined with the small size looked promising. This school has not only met, but exceeded our expectations. Our son has always been an honor roll student, but needed a little extra support because of the disparity between CA and TX public education. The teachers and staff are both professional and accessible. They nurture the student as a whole person as well as academic achievement and personal responsibility. Our son is excited about going to high school next year and we are so thankful it will be in this award winning school district. We know he will be well prepared for college in four years.

Posted November 22, 2009
The teachers are great we are the best litteraly in every sport our dance team rox and so does our fotball team all the schools r great everyone is so nice and caring and i dont think i could live anywhere else :)

Posted November 01, 2009
Friendswood Jr. High is the best skool u can ever go to. They have the greatest teachers and the best students there. Everyone is nice and caring and we learn a whole lot here. Friendswood jr. high will rock ur sox off!

Posted October 24, 2009
It is very inspiring, because all the teacher encourage you.

Posted October 14, 2009
The teacher's are great we have an great sport team in every sports thats why it's the best!!

Posted October 14, 2009
The teachers are great. They keep me interested in the subject and challenge me to do better.

Posted October 01, 2009
I love my school because I feel comfortable here knowing that I'm getting a great education and that I'm around friendly people.

Friendswood J High School
1000 Manison Parkway, Friendswood, TX  77546
Last modified Friendswood J High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friendswood J High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top