Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Incredible school, great neighborhood, teachers who really care, great administration! I would recommend moving to this area to have your kids attend here!

Develops character: Agree

The teachers are teaching them the right things. Important things for the little ones. Initially I felt different but I am learning as a parent as well.

So far the staff has been pleasant. My child loves going to school, she has made good friends and seems to connect well with the teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are effective. They make personal contact for any issues that need to be discussed, even if the student seems like they're not there usual self. The principal is very good at keeping everyone informed and keeps us all smiling.

More and more good families are moving out of this area because of the bullying at this school. Not just the kids but also the administration.

The school has really gone downhill, not sure why. My child is in the third grade and is not doing well for the first time. I would say that it is because now that she is in the third grade and it is a STAAR testing year, and they finally care about her performance, but sadly I don't think they do. If they did, her teachers would reply to the numerous communications I have sent about her bad performance, and what we can we do about it. With this big "technology" push, we are now being asked to sign up for Edmodo, Google to access Google docs. I already monitor the parent portal every day and now I am given all this other stuff to monitor, and it is hard to stay on top of all of it. I have to monitor 4 email addresses and various online spaces with my job, the last thing I want is to have to monitor 3-4 more things to monitor my child's education. There isn't any excuse for it all not being in the same place (I thought that is what the Parent Portal was for.) We have also been assigned about 2 hours of homework a night, which is excessive. But even worse than that, the 2 hours of homework a night isn't improving her performance. She doesn't have time for anything else.

This was our first year at Hackberry and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff here. Professional, kind, personable, and love their students! Staff is wonderful. My son grew by leaps and bounds this year!

Great school, teachers, administrators, and students. We love Hackberry and the true dedication shown with our kids.

I am impressed with the way that this school cares for the students, in both emotional and academic areas, and appreciate the amount of communication and support that is given.

Great teachers that support and push their students to excel. The dual language program is great for primarily english speaking children to be challenged at such a young age and develop their brains.

Last modified Hackberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.