Frisco, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 31, 2015
So far, a few weeks into the year, my child has already said the class "lost" their teacher. They have been sent home without their lunch bags. No progress reports as promised.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 31, 2015
Homework? None yet. I think the teachers should be doing some homework. Perhaps study more effective ways to connect with students.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
Only a few. This school will take the kids faith out of the system. They will learn that the teachers, the entire school district does not care about them. They will feel they are not worth the resources as the kids in the other schools are. This school breeds the inept in America. Superintendent Lowell Strike and Matthew Gutierrez are blind or choose to turn their backs on this school, the kids, the parents.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
The faculty doesn't respect the students, their futures, their families, the school district,... the do not teach respect. The staff is patronizing and disrespectful.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
The faculty doesn't care or show compassion so you can't blame the students for not showing these qualities.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
You can't teach kids anything when you have no knowledge to share. This school is the worst I have witnessed in all my years on earth. The faculty is patronizing and defensive. Awful.

Posted August 31, 2015
This is the saddest thing for me to see. Dropping my child off here is the scariest thing. The staff are ruthless people. They do not show any signs of caring about their students or parents. Classes are taught in Spanish. I called and asked for a activation code for a website and the woman spent the majority of the call acting like she had no idea what I was talking about. The she somehow had a revelation and knew, using the lingo on the site. On meet the teacher night the classroom was closed. We all crowded around boxes set on the floor in the hallway. Halls are blocked off using desks flipped on their side. The playground is so old it is probably hot and not as safe as EVERY OTHER PLAYGROUND in north Texas. The teachers don't help kids open the items in the lunch or even encourage the kids to eat. Lunch is 15 minutes long including the the walk to the cafeteria so the CAN NOT finish their lunch. Last year my little one would come home from her pre-k school and want to tell us about everything she learned. When she went to camps she would come home and tell and show us everything she learned. I have asked her everyday if they have learned anything. No. This place is a disgrace to Texas. Disgusting.

Posted August 30, 2015
More and more good families are moving out of this area because of the bullying at this school. Not just the kids but also the administration.

Posted October 09, 2014
The school has really gone downhill, not sure why. My child is in the third grade and is not doing well for the first time. I would say that it is because now that she is in the third grade and it is a STAAR testing year, and they finally care about her performance, but sadly I don't think they do. If they did, her teachers would reply to the numerous communications I have sent about her bad performance, and what we can we do about it. With this big "technology" push, we are now being asked to sign up for Edmodo, Google to access Google docs. I already monitor the parent portal every day and now I am given all this other stuff to monitor, and it is hard to stay on top of all of it. I have to monitor 4 email addresses and various online spaces with my job, the last thing I want is to have to monitor 3-4 more things to monitor my child's education. There isn't any excuse for it all not being in the same place (I thought that is what the Parent Portal was for.) We have also been assigned about 2 hours of homework a night, which is excessive. But even worse than that, the 2 hours of homework a night isn't improving her performance. She doesn't have time for anything else.

Hackberry Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2014
This was our first year at Hackberry and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff here. Professional, kind, personable, and love their students! Staff is wonderful. My son grew by leaps and bounds this year!

7200 Snug Harbor Circle, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Hackberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hackberry Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top