Hackberry Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2014
The school has really gone downhill, not sure why. My child is in the third grade and is not doing well for the first time. I would say that it is because now that she is in the third grade and it is a STAAR testing year, and they finally care about her performance, but sadly I don't think they do. If they did, her teachers would reply to the numerous communications I have sent about her bad performance, and what we can we do about it. With this big "technology" push, we are now being asked to sign up for Edmodo, Google to access Google docs. I already monitor the parent portal every day and now I am given all this other stuff to monitor, and it is hard to stay on top of all of it. I have to monitor 4 email addresses and various online spaces with my job, the last thing I want is to have to monitor 3-4 more things to monitor my child's education. There isn't any excuse for it all not being in the same place (I thought that is what the Parent Portal was for.) We have also been assigned about 2 hours of homework a night, which is excessive. But even worse than that, the 2 hours of homework a night isn't improving her performance. She doesn't have time for anything else.

Posted May 23, 2014
This was our first year at Hackberry and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff here. Professional, kind, personable, and love their students! Staff is wonderful. My son grew by leaps and bounds this year!

Posted May 04, 2014
Great school, teachers, administrators, and students. We love Hackberry and the true dedication shown with our kids.

Posted April 27, 2014
I absolutely love Hackberry Elementary. My son is in kindergarten and enjoys his wonderful teacher Mrs. Branch. I can't say enough great things about her. Thanks to Mrs. Branch for my son enjoying school. Anytime you visit her classroom you can tell the kids are always working hard but also having fun.

Posted April 18, 2014
I am impressed with the way that this school cares for the students, in both emotional and academic areas, and appreciate the amount of communication and support that is given.

Posted March 19, 2014
Great teachers that support and push their students to excel. The dual language program is great for primarily english speaking children to be challenged at such a young age and develop their brains.

Hackberry Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2013
Hackberry Elementary, LEISD - Little Elm, TX The principals are progressive & outstanding communicators in both Spanish & English, as are the teachers & counselor/s who work with each child to ensure a well rounded experience, to the best of their ability. It's still a TEAM EFFORT toward SUCCESS: parents + child + school. When parents want accountability take a good look in the mirror & be honest about one's involvement. Our son's been attending since kindergarten & we comfortably recommend this school - we're impressed with all the teachers who are eager to motive & inspire young minds to think outside the conventional learning box. The educators here are forward thinking & thankfully, we are seeing that in the ISD, despite some questionable past purchases. It's cool to attend a diverse school, & why not? We live in a diverse world! Yes, Spanish & English are the predominant langages! Some people pay more for this at private schools! Hackberry & all LEISD schools offer GT & AP Classes. My husband & I both hold higher edu. degrees, & like the ISD, hold high expectations. When the district wants the best from the students, as parents, we hold the ISD to the same standard. ;oD

Posted October 25, 2013
Hackberry is a wonderful school for kids. the teachers are very very good to the kids. They help your children went they need it. The staff are very nice and help all the children. I work with the teacher with my child that how they learn.

Posted September 17, 2013
Hackberry is improving every year! Great learning environment, great teachers, respects all cultures, & includes all who want to learn.

Hackberry Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2013
I moved to this area thinking that my child would be in Frisco ISD, only to find out otherwise. I decided to give it a try and I was very disappointed. My child came from a charter school and was way ahead of the other students. The teachers did nothing to teach to his level and he was constantly bored and began talking in class out of boredom. Like others have said, my child also had an issue with bullying on the bus, playground at recess, and in the classroom. I've been up to this school more times than I'd care to and I'm beyond fed up with their lack of interest in resolving issues and failure to provide my child with a curriculum that was challenging. They failed to follow through the gifted and talented program and the staff is full of excuses, not solutions. I will be putting my child back into a charter school while I search for a new home within the Frisco ISD. I was very disappointed, considering this school is rated "exemplary." Do not move to a house zoned in for this elementary school if you can help it.

Hackberry Elementary School
7200 Snug Harbor Circle, Frisco, TX  75034
Last modified Hackberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hackberry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top