Public charter
Garland, TX

Vista Academy Of North Garland 2

Posted January 27, 2015
One position in the third grade had three different teachers during the school year. In the fourth grade, another teacher had students doing something different almost daily with apparently no sense of a curriculum goal and step by step learning to meet that goal. The same teacher's desk was a complete mess with papers scattered everywhere which was disconcerting. In addition, some of the faculty and administration wore unprofessional attire yet demanded that students follow a strict dress code. K-2 may be ok but our experience was with grades three and four. Cursive writing was never introduced during our two years experience. Our student struggled with multiplication tables at this school over a two year period. In the first six weeks at a new school, our student learned the multiplication tables within three weeks.

Posted December 20, 2014
We have been very happy with the school. The classes are small and teachers have been great. They have been able to individualize the work to fit the child's needs. My son is so happy here.

Posted August 12, 2013
This will be our first year attending but my experience thus far has been above and beyond excellent and I definitely recommend this charter school over public year.

Posted June 25, 2013
I am beyond thankful that my family found Vista Academy of North Garland. Public schools just weren't cutting it for my kids (lower and upper grades). The teachers, staff and administration at Vista have gone above and beyond to help my children feel success. My children s self-esteem rose almost immediately and that spoke volumes to me. The teachers and administration respond to questions after hours, which is more than I can say for teachers and administration in the public school we came from. You really feel that the entire staff of Vista loves your child as if they were their own. I believe the staff works around the clock. I m not sure what the other posts are talking about regarding the office staff. I have spent many hours volunteering at the school this past year and the secretary and administration are always extremely warm and welcoming. You feel like you are part of the family because their door is always open. When something is brought to her attention, the administrator takes immediate action. Our family is very thankful for the entire staff of Vista Academy of North Garland and we are looking forward to another amazing year.

Posted June 23, 2013
I love Vista!! My son attended 1st grade this last year and I could instantly see a difference in his learning and knowledge. The office staff and teachers are awesome. They really care about the children and the parents! I highly recommend Vista if your looking for a private school setting and an alternative to overcrowded, non caring public schools!!!

Posted June 23, 2013
Really good school. This was the first year and it was very solid. My daughter was in 1st grade and flourished. I love the emphasis on charater developlment and the small class size and small school. It is a small school and everyone knows each other. There is a great PTO and lots of parental involvement.

Posted June 21, 2013
Vista is a great school. This was our first school experience and my daughters Kinder year was amazing. The staff is incredible. It feels like a small town or private school. I loved that all the staff knew the all the kids. The character development program is a great addition in a world that day by day is losing it's moral fabric. If you are looking for an alternative to traditional public school. Vista North Garland is a great solution!

Posted June 21, 2013
We love the school! My son has excelled and loves being in a smaller environment. The staff all seem to be very involved and care about each child.

Posted June 20, 2013
We have two children at Vista, one in the lower grades (k-2) and one in the upper (3-4). We were very pleased with the school, and have recommended it to other families. We weren't sure about the charter school route as we'd only seen them as alternative schools, but after meeting with principal and teachers, we made the choice to move our children here and have not regretted it one bit. The smaller class size and student population have allowed us to meet many families, and our children have made good friends. The teachers are easy to talk to, and we like the curriculum. Mrs. Mason and Mrs. Cole are friendly and helpful, and the school activities are appreciated. My husband and I would highly recommend this school.

Posted June 20, 2013
As a kindergartener, our oldest child had 24 children in their class. Our second child had 16. That's what we were looking for when we starting looking for an alternative, and we are so happy we found Vista Academy. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a Great School. We take interest in our children's education, and I appreciate our teachers going over curriculum and always being available to answer questions. I sent lots of emails and always got a quick response, even during off-school hours. We like the character values that are focused on, and that the school has accreditation above and beyond what the State of Texas requires. I don't want to question other people's opinions, but having spent many hours volunteering in my kids' classrooms, I did not experience the behavior mentioned by other parents. The school administration and staff are courteous and friendly in my experience. The school is always well-kept, and the facilities are nice. We look forward to the start of another year.

Vista Academy Of North Garland
1600 West Campbell Road, Garland, TX  75044
Last modified Vista Academy Of North Garland is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Academy Of North Garland Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top