Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi 2

Posted August 13, 2012
My daughter is a bright and friendly student. She was excited to go to CCB, but the dress code was something she dreaded. I reassured her that it would be no big deal. The principal was very strict about the dress code and it seemed excessive. They even required dress code on after school dances. If you were "caught" without a belt, you would have to go to the office and write yourself up. At lunch, there are teachers who stand by the lunch lines and force students to sit next to whoever they were behind in line; and when my daughter tried to wait outside the cafeteria so that she could get in line with a friend, that was forbidden. My daughter has never been in trouble at school and her anxiety now about these pervasive and strict policies have her begging me to find another school. She is set to go a second year, as she does enjoy the piano, art, and gymnastic classes. And they have a new principal . But if she still hates it, we are withdrawing her after the first six weeks. BTW, she makes near perfect scores on those stupid standardized tests. That is what people believe makes a great school. To me, a school is wonderful if it makes my child love learning.

Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi 2

Posted March 09, 2012
This is our first year at Brandenburg. I'm not clear about the previous comments on our school. We applied and chose this school because of the fine arts electives, zero period options, strong leadership and communication, and supposed parent involvement. However, the long time band director was fired without parent notification, there are NO zero electives like piano or chess, we do not get Principal regular call-outs (as Sachse HS does) to notify us of important events (early release, programs, etc.), and the PTA does not notify parents of general meetings or board elections. It's very non-inclusive lacking communication. What should be the main source of info and communication should be the website, which is severely lacking. It does not have club meeting dates, audition info, etc. Lastly, a majority of the teachers that we've had seem bothered by questions being asked when inquiring about specific of the curriculum. It seems that they are almost offended, perhaps because of being used to a parent population who does not question authority. Nevertheless, we are disappointed at what could have possibly been a great school at one time.

Posted August 26, 2011
This is my daughters second year at Bradenburg. The staff is very supportive and proactive with the cirriculum, social issues, and potential problems with students. I appreciated the voice messages from the school for community events involved with the school, pta, and other social events. The children seem to be disciplined and the office staff is not rude. My child was involved in a number of activities which allowed her to become well rounded. The zero credit classes are great and the staff enforces time management with the students.

Posted July 18, 2010
I don't know where to begin!!! First of all, I am about to enter the 8th grade at Brandenburg, and I've had the time of my life there! The honors classes are challenging, but the teachers are always there to help. They always help us to achieve to the high standards of the school, and have teaching methods for all learners. They're awesome! The electives are phenominal too. There band has gone to Seattle and Austin, and is one of the best in the country, and their choir rocks! I'm i choir and last year we received straight 1's in U.I.L, 14 people make All-Region, and at the Hurricane Harbor competition we received all 1,s (again), Best in Class trophies, and 4 feet tall Grand Champion awards! They're also the only middle school with dance and gymnastics, and the only school in GISD with a Gymnastics facility! I LOVE IT!

Posted May 19, 2010
My daughter is in 6th grade at Brandenburg. She has loved the learning and social environment at the school. As a parent and a teacher in another district, I have been very impressed with the staff at the school. Mrs. King is an amazing leader and the staff is very involved with the students. The opportunities for extracurricular activities at Brandenburg are amazing. At this age children need a place to fit in and something to keep them occupied. Brandenburg has something for every type of student. Next year, my daughter will be taking Latin, which I think is amazing! She also goes early to school three days a week to take piano. Wonderful school to go to.

Posted March 29, 2010
My daughter is over half way through her 6th grade year at Brandenburg. And she is still very excited to be there. She loves all the opportunities she has been given (dance & gymnastics), and is looking forward to all the opportunities ahead (piano, Latin, and year long dance). She never questions her decision to attend CCBMS. The teachers and staff are very supportive and communicative.

Posted March 14, 2010

Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi 0

Posted March 11, 2010
My son did OK at Brandenburg but when my daughter was coming from Vial they misfiled her paperwork and bumped her. They had overbooked the school by 300 students! We were told too bad. I had to quit my job teaching in GISD and drive her to our neighborhood school. It ended up being a blessing. She is at Houston middle school and the teachers are so much better. Brandenburg tends to let good test takers like my son slide by which has hit him hard in high school. Also going into GHS al the Brandenbugers l had to go down to regulars because they were not prepared for the work.

Posted February 17, 2010
This is my daughter's 7th grade year at Brandenburg and I'm very pleased. The teachers all seem to be on target, enthusiastic and they bring fresh ideas to their classrooms. My daughter feels good about going to school every morning.

Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi 0

Posted January 28, 2010
This is one of the bestest schools i have ever seen.My daughter is learning alot there and she loves it,keep up the good work staff.

Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi
626 Nickens Road, Garland, TX  75043
Last modified Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Classical Center At Brandenburg Mi Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews.