Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 16, 2016
This is our first year in the district and I couldn't be more disappointed. My daughter attends first grade here and we have had nothing but issues. My daughters teacher is young and seems as if she is unsure of what she is doing, we get homework that is graded wrong, lack of communication when notes or emails are sent , seems to have a substitute in her class at least once a week.... The list goes on. There have been issues with other students and children being mean and bullying but doesn't help when the teacher calls your child the same names the children do. My child asks us on an almost daily basis when can we go back to her previous school where she had a nice teacher and friends that liked her. Finishing out this school year and starting our search for a new home.

Posted May 11, 2016
My granddaughter has been going to this school since kindergarten and she loves it,she has only had one problem with a student and they corrected it quickly.Everyone is so sweet and helpful keep doing what you do ....Go Eisenhower

Posted September 05, 2014
I have two students that attend this school. I love both of their teachers, so far. The staff here at Eisenhower seems to be one of the friendliest in the state. Mrs. Garcia works in the office and she is very nice and helpful. The Principal Mr V and Mrs. McCloud the Assistant Principal seem to be all over the campus throughout the day. Because I see them in the back of the school, front of the school and every time I am there I see them in the halls. They will actually speak to you when they see you. Most importantly I did some digging and I think that this school has the highest TEA rating in the district. They received 4 of 6 Distinctions last year. The only con is the school seems a little crowded. We will see how the year ends. But it has started great! http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/account/2014/static/summary/campus/c057910113.pdf

Eisenhower Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2010
My youngest child is in 2nd grade at Eisenhower. My oldest child attended years ago, before the rezoning. Yes, there have been changes. Change is inevitable, but difficult for some as evidenced by the remarks here. I am very pleased with the educators there. Those teachers are hard working and dedicated. I see many of them there until 7:00 at night and during the holidays. They do that because they're devoted to their job; not because they have to. It saddens me to hear the unkind racial remarks made by some parents. The diversity at Eisenhower is reflective of the changes in the city of Grand Prairie. It s a great city and people want to live here. If you don t like how the city has changed then move to Plano or Frisco. The coming together of different cultures and the sheer number of students are difficult issues for anyone to deal with. The principals and teachers are keeping their heads high and moving forward despite the naysayers and nit-pickers who have nothing better to do than stir up trouble. Give them your support not your negativity!

Posted November 29, 2010
This school has gone down hill this year and I will be pulling my children out at winter break. To over crowded and the teachers are over welmed with the disciplinary issues going on in this school.

Posted November 03, 2010
My daughter is now in 2nd grade. She has had 3 wonderful teachers at Eisenhower! The school staff work very hard to meet the needs of all the students. Thank you Eisenhower for all of your work with my child!

Posted October 31, 2010
Having taught at Eisenhower since 1997, I have never heard of a teacher refusing help from a parent. We want and need our parents to be involved with their child's education. The more the students see parents and teachers working together to improve the students' success, the better! We have new leadership this year, and are now the largest elementary school in Grand Prairie. I see a very organized parent volunteer group, teachers that work as a team, and students that want to learn. I am proud to call myself a teacher at Eisenhower.

Posted October 18, 2010
Very disappointed in this school. They discourage parental involvement and my daughters teachers seems very overwhelmed. I asked if I could come into the class to volunteer to help her out and was told they dont really like for parents to do this!! WHAT!! I've never heard of this, it is very disturbing to be discourage from coming to the school when I want. It makes me wonder what is going on at the school that they dont want parents to know about. Arent you supposed to be involved in your childs education. As a parent, I want access to my child WHENEVER i want as long as I am not disturbing the learning process. I am seriously thinking about pulling my children out of there if I cannot get the answers I need.

Eisenhower Elementary School

Posted October 14, 2010
My grandson is excited about everything he's learning.

Posted February 23, 2010
This is the worst school I have ever had to place my child in! 90% of the students don't speak English, the teachers don't care if a student does his/her homework, staff is lazy. I will be pulling my child from this school!!!!

Eisenhower Elementary School
2102 North Carrier Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX  75050
Last modified Eisenhower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.