Posted September 11, 2014
I am currently a senior and I must say sgp has the best English and History teachers in particular. Really enjoyed taking AP History! Science and math departments needs a little improvement though(There are some lazy science teachers! especially in AP science classes which is a shame. So many "blow off" electives. Loved psychology, Environmental Sciene and Ready Set Teach! Student body is generally accepting. Bullying is taken seriously here and are not tolerated. Not a bad school.

South Grand Prairie High School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
This school has engaging teachers and counselors. But the administrators scores a failing grade due to their disconnect - more worried about athleticism, dress codes and other less pertinent things than academics. Administration needs to get on board with their teachers and just maybe SGP would be an ideal place.

South Grand Prairie High School 4

Posted February 22, 2012
My daughter graduated from South in 2010 and I must say that I wasn't too impressed with the school administration in those four years that she attended but was very satisfied academically with the school. I too am in education in DISD so I understand the ups and downs of education and what all goes into a campus being sucessful. My daughter attends a private college out of state and is doing great. Girls athletics could be a great deal better.

Posted June 14, 2011
This is a great school. It is very large and diverse. This school offers many different academic as well as extra curricular programs. Excellent staff. My son just graduated from this school and I would highly recommend it.

Posted October 07, 2010
I am Proud to say that we are recognized and is a Exemplary campus 2 years in a row hopefully this year could be 3. The only thing that we strive for is to pass the TAKS test. We study that and our other courses but mostly anything dealing with the TAKS testing. The only thing i don't like about South is how we are mostly concern about student appeals. We should be mostly concerned about grades, graduation, Senior things and other fun stuff. With them always saying "pull your pants up", " Go to ISS" or even " You're violating dress code, meet me in my office". I understand the care but start worrying about our grade instead how short the girls dresses are. Really he administrators dress is violating dress code but get on the girls more really dumb. But yea other then that South is a Good School.

Posted April 20, 2010

Posted December 16, 2009
I am a current student at South Grand Prairie High School. I am proud to say that my experience here at South has been a great one. The faculty enforces a great amount of discipline which keeps the students intact and on track. Those who don't do well do so because of their own free will. I am currently a senior and wish to be one for another year but I can't because I must live my life. If you are looking for a High School to enroll your child I recommend South with enthusiasm. I am proud to be a Warrior! :D

South Grand Prairie High School 4

Posted November 11, 2009
I am a former student of South G.P.H.S. I graduated in 2004. I can say that walking through the halls at any point in time I always felt safe and let me tell you, I am a very petite women. There were few fights and when one did break out it was taken care of so fast that nobody saw it. There was a teen pregnancy problem but I did notice that it was with the students that had a more 'rough' home life. I think this is a great school. Anytime that I had any trouble with a class I could ask for help.

Posted August 18, 2009

Posted February 06, 2009
I taught at SGP for 25 years and am now retired. The most important thing that needs to take place at South is that the students need to take responsibility for their education. They can't expect to be successful college students if they expect to have education spoon-fed to them in high school. I loved being a Warrior most of the time I was at South.

South Grand Prairie High School
301 West Warrior Trail, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified South Grand Prairie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Grand Prairie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top