Posted October 01, 2013
Dickinson is a great school ! My oldest one (boy) just graduate from Dickinson on June 2013. He attends Reagan Middle School right now. My second child (girl) is in 3rd grade at Dickinson & she is in Gifted & Talented program right now. My youngest one (boy) is just entering Kindergarten at Dickinson this year & he is smart like his sister too. From my experience of having my 3 kids attending Dickinson Elementary, I would say it was a great experience for me & my kids. I disagree with the comment before me. Our family is Asian but we feel welcome over there. I made friends with anybody, doesn't matter if they are Spanish, Asian, White or Black. The teachers & the staff are so nice & they care about the students. My oldest one was always struggle at school because he has ADHD but the teacher & the school did whatever they can to help my son so he can do well at school. They provide a tutoring after school for those who needs extra attention like my son. All my kids are happy to attend Dickinson. They all learn well at Dickinson. Overall, The Principal, The Vice Principal, The Teachers, The Staff, The Parents, and all the students are awesome...We love Dickinson!!

Suzanna Dickinson Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2013
This is the 2nd year my daughter has attended Dickinson. The kindergarten teachers are overwhelmed, with to many students. One of the teachers has 24 students this year! The students that speak Spanish have a dedicated teacher, leaving the rest of the students to be crammed into a room with one teacher. The majority of the students are from Mexico or are raised with parents that do not know English. Waiting for my child outside, is like being in Mexico. All the parents stand outside speaking Spanish, so it makes it hard for me to bond with them. When letters are emailed or sent home to parents, Spanish is always on top and English is on the bottom. I do not like this. We are ready to move because of this problem. My daughter comes home with bruises on her and crying because she is teased and hit by other students. Of course I did have a meeting with the school, with very little being done. If you are Hispanic or speak Spanish then this school may very well be for you! It's not for us.

Posted March 21, 2011
I also love Dickinson. The teachers are awesome and the students seem to really love their teachers. My daughter went here for Kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd grade. She has made straight A's in 2nd and is on the AB honor roll in 3rd. Parent involvement could be better. The communication from Teacher to Parent for me has been awesome.

Suzanna Dickinson Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2009

Posted April 05, 2008
I love dickinson elementary. my 9 year old daugter goes there and has been improving her grades ever since. everyone there is very friendly and caring. they help kids and improve thier grades. dickinson elementary is the BEST!

Posted March 27, 2007
My daughter is Ms. Jackson's kindergarten class. I love this school. I was really nervous when she started her first year of school, but I have been so impressed by the support from the faculty and staff at this school. Everyone is always friendly and they are always smiling. My daughter loves Ms. Jackson and she loves going to school. The only improvement that could be made would be more parent involvement in the classrooms.

Posted December 07, 2006
We have been so happy with Dickinson; I had heard things and was afraid for my 5 yr. old to attend there, but they have a new Principal, and I could not have had God pick me out a better teacher than Mrs. Moss for my son. Since I have been there I have noticed more parents getting involved because of the new principal. I like the Cowboy program that they started to help support the teachers and boost their morale. We are moving and I am going to hate pulling my son out of Mrs. Moss' class, because I am a very picky person and I do not know how I will find a better teacher or better office staff.

Posted September 20, 2006
Dickinson Elementary School is a good school.My son is in 3rd grade

Posted May 08, 2006

Posted January 15, 2006
The staff at Dickinson has a family bond, unlike others I've seen. The students there are fortunate to feel like they belong at this great school.

Suzanna Dickinson Elementary School
1902 Palmer Trail, Grand Prairie, TX  75052
Last modified Suzanna Dickinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Suzanna Dickinson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top