Holy Trinity Catholic School 4

Posted January 05, 2014
As a public school educator living in an excellent school district, I chose Holy Trinity for my elementary-aged children because the Catholic environment paired with the high behavioral expectations of students creates a strong environment for advanced education. The curriculum is rigorous; students who are not on-level will struggle. Advanced students will be well-challenged. I am impressed with the age-appropriate leadership opportunities afforded the children. It has helped the children grow in confidence and esteem. The only concern I have with this school is that it does seem that the wealthiest parents of the school have more clout with the run of the school than parents who struggle to make tuition. But, that probably has more to do with the region than with the school. I have been very pleased with the education my young children have received. I believe HT has helped them to develop good self-discipline and good work ethic which will serve them well in later education and life. It is my plan to send the children to public middle and high school, later, due to expense.

Posted March 12, 2013
As an educator and parent I highly recommend Holy Trinity Catholic to any family who is looking to educate their child in a nurturing environment with high standards. All students are provided a curriculum that is at or above grade level, which encourages community service, public speaking and leadership opportunities.

Posted July 16, 2012
Our family has been going to HTCS for 5 years. We love it. When we first came, everyone was so welcoming and the teachers were so nice to us. Sure, every once in a while the kids will meet a rude or mean kid here. Every school has those people. But luckily, they haven't met many. The teachers really help them when they don't understand something. The academic program is great. We talk to other people from other schools and they haven't learned most of the things they've learned yet. Going to a catholic, I believe will help them later in life. This school has always taught them how to keep their faith strong. But yes, it is true the principal left in October. But that doesn't mean our school is bad. The principal did leave unexpectedly. So it's not our fault really. I think we've done good with the adjustment. And I saw some of the comments, and yes we are a blue ribbon school. Just because we aren't awarded as a blue ribbon school, does not mean it's not blue ribbon anymore. HTCS was awarded the award in 2003. Overall, the school is a very good school for any child.

Posted May 26, 2012
From a first year parent-after several years at Montesorri & Spanish immersion schools: - academic rigor? Our 1st grader is doing the same academics as a neighbor's 2nd grader at a local exemplary public school. Other friends complain about their kids being bored at another local exemplary public elementary school. HTCS seems committed to rigorous academics. - class size vs public schools? With more disciplined classrooms our daughter gets a lot of individual attention, personal touches, and has developed close relationships with her teachers. - Catholic identity? When our daughter comes home singing church songs, wants to pray the rosary and asks questions such as "why does the Holy Spirit have flames" we can see her faith becoming an integral part of her life. - extra-curricular activities? There are more than enough and we often have to choose from several a week. We had heard about the community bonding with other families/kids who have similar values and have now experienced it first hand. -cost? We might not be able to save as much for college, but we think the strong educational and spiritual foundation she is receiving will pay more dividends. Happy with HCTS? Extremely

Posted May 24, 2012
The true shining stars of this school are its teachers and students. We have been pleased with the overall quality of HTCS, despite the recent changes. Every school in the area, private or public, has gone through such changes. So far, HTCS has not disappointed in how it handled those changes, and has remained focused, amid all the "noise," on providing a compassionate, balanced, and academically challenging Catholic education. The majority of the teachers treat students with dignity and love, and encourage them to do their very best. The curriculum is accelerated, especially in the new math, science, phonics and social studies. The art and music programs are top notch, kids having opportunities to perform in a band or choir at elementary level. The kind and creative art teacher reminds our kids to pay attention to the beauty of fine arts every week. The lower grade Spanish curriculum could use an update - more hands-on activities involving the Spanish speaking world, not just our southern neighbor. And the P.E. program could be more athletic and competitive. But overall, a strong Catholic school and a superior academic option to the local public schools.

Posted May 01, 2012
Holy Trinity is the only Catholic School that makes me feel welcome every time I have a question. They always seem to find the time to talk to me and to find the answers for me. I think they are an excellent school.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 3

Posted April 30, 2012
Most of the postings are outdated since a lot has happened in the last two years. Principal left in October 2011 amidst a mystery cloud and interim principal is well-intentioned but has no gravitas. The school is really suffering from lack of leadership. It seems to cater more and more to the conservative catholic section. Aside from the religious education, there is no added-value to the school compared to surrounding isd's.

Posted July 28, 2011
I've been a teacher for 24 years now and Holy Trinity Catholic School is the most enthusiastic and challenging school I've ever encountered. The administration opens up new possibilities and opportunities both for the faculty/staff, and the students and their families. High academic standards and expectations are incorporated with a sincere Catholic identity. There is an overall sense of graciousness and caring throughout the school making teachers and students glad to be there every day.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 1

Posted November 13, 2010
I'm wondering why they claim to be a National Blue Ribbon School because when you check the List of 2010 Blue Ribbon Schools, they are not listed.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 3

Posted October 05, 2010
This school is just like a public school that is rated "recognized" or "exemplary". They don't really differ academically. Whenever I read the newsletters I don't consistently find stories about outstanding students. It only happens once in a long while. So I'm thinking of finding a better school for my child.

Holy Trinity Catholic School
3750 William D Tate Avenue, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Holy Trinity Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Trinity Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top