PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 27, 2016
Mrs Cox is a fantastic, engaging teacher who genuinely cares for her students. Some other parents complained that she is too strict. My son found her to be fair.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted March 27, 2016
Many teachers here are experienced professionals with much to offer their students. Others are such hateful hags that kids can't wait for class to end.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted March 27, 2016
Both of my kids are quite bright. They typically completed assignments in class or during dismissal.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted March 27, 2016
Every morning when my son awoke, he was determined to make it through one more day of hell.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 1

Posted March 27, 2016
If your child is average, this is the school for you. If your child is advanced or struggles in the slightest there is nothing here for them. If you are concerned about your child being bullied by classmates, fear not! There are teachers here who are FAR more cruel than any mean-spirited child you may encounter. Unfortunately the worst of them doubles as the assistant principal, so you will have no recourse. A revolving door of principals (five in eight years) has done nothing to improve the situation. The last "nationwide' searches netted an unqualified internal promotion and an assistant principal all the way from Nolan Catholic High School in Fort Worth. Think it will all be worth it because your student will be enveloped in a nurturing, Catholic/Christian environment? Think again! During one of our last conferences with school leadership, I mentioned that I expected more Christian-like behavior from students and teachers at a Catholic school. I was informed that HTCS is "more of a prep school than a Catholic school." Preparation for what? I don't know. After we left, I honestly prayed that things might improve for the families foolish enough to stick around, but phone calls, texts and emails i have received in the last few weeks from friends have ensured me that is not the case. We are now happily enrolled at another area Christian school where my kids are thriving. My only regrets are the eight years of hell I put my boys through in blind pursuit of a "Catholic" education. We should have left years ago. RUN, don't walk, in another direction!

Holy Trinity Catholic School 2

Posted September 15, 2015
Although there are a few dedicated teachers that we have encountered, overall the frequent principal turnover and the low quality of some of its teachers explain why tuition at this school is so cheap. Also, potential families should consider where their children will go when they age out of Holy Trinity. The closest Catholic high school is in Fort Worth, 45 minute minutes away from HTCS. My family is actively searching for another private school.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 3

Posted September 07, 2015
This is a great school if you live in the area. However, it's just ok.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 4

Posted January 05, 2014
As a public school educator living in an excellent school district, I chose Holy Trinity for my elementary-aged children because the Catholic environment paired with the high behavioral expectations of students creates a strong environment for advanced education. The curriculum is rigorous; students who are not on-level will struggle. Advanced students will be well-challenged. I am impressed with the age-appropriate leadership opportunities afforded the children. It has helped the children grow in confidence and esteem. The only concern I have with this school is that it does seem that the wealthiest parents of the school have more clout with the run of the school than parents who struggle to make tuition. But, that probably has more to do with the region than with the school. I have been very pleased with the education my young children have received. I believe HT has helped them to develop good self-discipline and good work ethic which will serve them well in later education and life. It is my plan to send the children to public middle and high school, later, due to expense.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 5

Posted March 12, 2013
As an educator and parent I highly recommend Holy Trinity Catholic to any family who is looking to educate their child in a nurturing environment with high standards. All students are provided a curriculum that is at or above grade level, which encourages community service, public speaking and leadership opportunities.

Holy Trinity Catholic School 5

Posted July 16, 2012
Our family has been going to HTCS for 5 years. We love it. When we first came, everyone was so welcoming and the teachers were so nice to us. Sure, every once in a while the kids will meet a rude or mean kid here. Every school has those people. But luckily, they haven't met many. The teachers really help them when they don't understand something. The academic program is great. We talk to other people from other schools and they haven't learned most of the things they've learned yet. Going to a catholic, I believe will help them later in life. This school has always taught them how to keep their faith strong. But yes, it is true the principal left in October. But that doesn't mean our school is bad. The principal did leave unexpectedly. So it's not our fault really. I think we've done good with the adjustment. And I saw some of the comments, and yes we are a blue ribbon school. Just because we aren't awarded as a blue ribbon school, does not mean it's not blue ribbon anymore. HTCS was awarded the award in 2003. Overall, the school is a very good school for any child.

3750 William D Tate Avenue, Grapevine, TX  76051
Last modified Holy Trinity Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8