PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

HTCS is a good Catholic school but is rather expensive for the quality of education received. The school offers no grouping by ability, no grade skipping, and very limited curriculum adjustment. There are a lot of worksheets in the early grades. There may be too much focus on competition among students for the lower grades for a parent's taste. There does seem to be some grade inflation in the upper elementary and middle grades, but that is not uncommon in the Catholic school. The mission of the school is to build saints. If that is your goal, this is a great school for you. Formation wise, the school is working hard to ensure students are great Catholics.

After being in the school for 6 years, I must say that it has helped our son grow from a child to a young man and although we are leaving I have no bad words for the school. The teachers are excellent and helped our son throughout his formative years. I only wish them the best in all that they do and with all the changes that are coming this next school year. I would still recommend the school to any future parents

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most, yes. All work to improve and all try. What else can you hope for?

Amount of homework: Disagree

Well, not every school is perfect. I'd rather it err on the side of a weighty than nothing. The school is working to improve the quality of homework though.

Develops character: Agree

The school develops it; parents have to do their part to ensure it sticks. If the child lacks in these qualities, look in the mirror - not the school.

After almost 5 years at the school, we are leaving. I have watched it go from an exemplary school, down to a political, bully-ridden, unacceptable example of private Christian school. There are some amazing teachers who would do anything for the kids, and I am sad to leave them. But then there is an administrator, hired to do fundraising, who is taking over. She is pushing out anyone who stands up against her and bringing in her friends from near and far. Then you have cliques of parents who teach their children to make cliques of their own. You're either in (rich, white, popular) or you're OUT. And if a child bullies your child, "there's nothing we can do" --- unless, of course, you give a bunch of money or you belong to the popular crowd. Then they will help... The kids go to Mass each Wednesday, but are allowed to behave like absolute heathens with no consequence for their actions throughout the rest of the week. In this school year alone, we knew a boy who was choked on the throat by another child at at aftercare; then another boy sat in the front row at talent show and took videos of the kids while making fun of them. Neither of these lead to a major punishment for the misbehaving children! This school will only change for the better when the toxic administration is removed and replaced with people who are more concerned with religion than money.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Many teachers here are experienced professionals with much to offer their students. Others are such hateful hags that kids can't wait for class to end.

Amount of homework: no rating

Both of my kids are quite bright. They typically completed assignments in class or during dismissal.

If your child is average, this is the school for you. If your child is advanced or struggles in the slightest there is nothing here for them. If you are concerned about your child being bullied by classmates, fear not! There are teachers here who are FAR more cruel than any mean-spirited child you may encounter. Unfortunately the worst of them doubles as the assistant principal, so you will have no recourse. A revolving door of principals (five in eight years) has done nothing to improve the situation. The last "nationwide' searches netted an unqualified internal promotion and an assistant principal all the way from Nolan Catholic High School in Fort Worth. Think it will all be worth it because your student will be enveloped in a nurturing, Catholic/Christian environment? Think again! During one of our last conferences with school leadership, I mentioned that I expected more Christian-like behavior from students and teachers at a Catholic school. I was informed that HTCS is "more of a prep school than a Catholic school." Preparation for what? I don't know. After we left, I honestly prayed that things might improve for the families foolish enough to stick around, but phone calls, texts and emails i have received in the last few weeks from friends have ensured me that is not the case. We are now happily enrolled at another area Christian school where my kids are thriving. My only regrets are the eight years of hell I put my boys through in blind pursuit of a "Catholic" education. We should have left years ago. RUN, don't walk, in another direction!

Although there are a few dedicated teachers that we have encountered, overall the frequent principal turnover and the low quality of some of its teachers explain why tuition at this school is so cheap. Also, potential families should consider where their children will go when they age out of Holy Trinity. The closest Catholic high school is in Fort Worth, 45 minute minutes away from HTCS. My family is actively searching for another private school.

Last modified Holy Trinity Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8