Harker Heights, TX

Harker Heights Elementary School 2

Posted November 22, 2014
I am very disappointed in this school. Staff is horrible, just walking in the office it takes them 2 minutes for any acknowledgment and their attitudes are negative. They are very unorganized about signing your child out and with the child registration card. My child's teacher is nice although she lacks very much communication about events and important dates. I'm moving that's how bad I don't want my child going to this school and hes attended for pre k and 1st grade.

Harker Heights Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2014
My children are in Pre-K and 5th grade and I love this school. The Principal and teachers take timeout to understand and listen to the parent and their child to resolve issues.

Posted September 11, 2014
I see nothing has changed. I was bullied and ignored when I went to this school as well back in the 1970's. Tried to report it. The teacher would give out treats based on a merit system. When I asked for her help because I feared for my own safety she gave me a mark against her system. When I asked why she told me it was for tattleing. Don't send your kids here unless they aren't loved.

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is horrible. The principal is very unprofessional and also My son came home very upset because they took his drink away during lunch and did not offer him or at least bring him a cup of water after the fact. I was concerned so I called and the lady was very rude to me, telling me that it is against the law to bring our kids something to drink. That they have to raise their hand and ask to get up and get a drink for themselves. I highly recommend not taking your kids here.

Posted June 22, 2014
My child attended this school. I must say the parent /teacher communication is horrible. They will tell you that you can call if you have a problem and when you do and even leave a message they never respond. I couldn't wait for my child to graduate so I didn't have to deal with that institution anymore. I was disappointed and my child was unhappy there. I hope the system changes. My child's teacher was so cold and played the favoritism card. Not all kids are perfect.

Posted April 23, 2014
The school cares more about the star test then to really helping their students. The system is broken and the staff does nothing to change it. The people that run the school does not care about the kids all it is, is a pay check to them.

Posted April 18, 2013
My children attended this school for 2 years and I have so say, this school SUCKS! Office staff are very unorganized. The majority of the teachers are only there for a pay check. They could care less if the students pass. The parent/teacher communication is little to non! The teacher my daughter had just yelled ALL the time! She is a straight A student and has ALWAYS loved school until this school! She brought home her class picture and all but 3 students had sad faces!! pathetic! I'm so glad my kids don't attend this school anymore. We're now at Oveta Culp Hobby and we're are extremely pleased :) Get your school in gear Harker Heights!

Harker Heights Elementary School 5

Posted February 21, 2011
I can not sing their praises enough!! My son is in the Special Education program and his abilities and skills have sky rocketed with their help. Ms. Baron is phenomenal. Her obvious and deep love for the children is readily seen. Mr. Evans (1st grade) has gone out of his way to tailor his teaching style to one that connects with my son perfectly. My son used to hate going to school because of his struggles, but now he can't wait to go. Ms. Duggar was kind and patient when I emailed the district for assistance in choosing a school for my son. She paid close attention to what I was telling her and explained what her school could offer; answering all of my questions without hesitation. We are moving and we are going to miss them and Harker Heights terribly. They have set the bar very high for future schools.

Harker Heights Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2010
My son hs learned alot at this school and his teacher is wonderful! I can not speak about the rest of the faculty, but I can say that every time I go and come across a faculty member they are very polite and welcoming. I am a firm believer that as a parent it is our responsibilty to get ourselves involved in the school.

Posted May 21, 2010
Referring to the last comment.....perhaps your opinion comes from your lack of education. I hope your child is learning some grammar and spelling there.

Harker Heights Elementary School
726 South Ann Boulevard, Harker Heights, TX  76548
(254) 336-2050
Last modified Harker Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harker Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top