St Albans Episcopal Day School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
Sending my children to St. Alban's was the worst mistake I have ever made. They brag about teaching to the average child. That really means that if your child is struggling or if they are above average, they get absolutely no help. Also, there is a massive and pervasive bullying problem there that the headmistress actively denies....unless you happen to be a big $ donor. The teachers seem to mean well but they are poorly trained. Stay Away!

St Albans Episcopal Day School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
Not military friendly. Claims they are two years ahead academically, but would not even allow us an interview, testing, or a tour. Headmistress has declining numbers. Claims to be inclusive, invited us for an interview, called the morning of the interview and claimed it would not be a good fit. Was very nosey about our living arrangements when we were house hunting. Something is up with this situation. I would recommend having a back-up plan. All of the other schools in the area were very friendly. The charter schools offered tours even though they were at capacity. We are not Hispanic, but I do not think that had anything to do with her narrow minded behavior. Obviously some type of character flaw, she talked more about herself than the school. Claimed that they taught to the average child. However the clergy claims the school is academically ahead. I would think this double standard would lead to a financial disaster for the school. It's a shame because, traditionally Episcopal Schools are know for academic excellence. When asking locals about private schools, this name never comes up.

Posted October 14, 2013
I cannot say enough positive things about this school. I have two boys here, in 2nd grade and pre-k. It is the most loving, nurturing environment....truly educates the whole child. There are 4 chapel services a week that the students go to. The administration is top-notch, well educated and experienced. All teachers are degreed, including special subject teachers. Superb in technology and "go green" initiatives. Brand new preschool building completed and a new indoor/air conditioned gym is about to break ground. St. Albans is the place to be!

Posted September 01, 2008
This is my son's third year at St. Alban's. The atmosphere is very family oriented and personal. Our Family really enjoys it. Would highly recommend to all parents, specially those over protective like us.

Posted April 28, 2008

Posted October 16, 2005
My son is currently in the 3 year old class with Ms. Rod. Ms. Rod has been with the school for over 20 years. The 3 year olds not only follow the traditional 'socialization' curriculum, but they also focus on reading and writing readiness. The discipline program is first rate and very suitable for 3 year old children. I would highly recommend this pre-K program for anyone looking for something more than 'just daycare.'

St Albans Episcopal Day School 4

Posted September 16, 2004
I love the atmosphere of Saint Alban's. I am very comfortable with the smaller class sizes versus public schools. Its a comfort knowing that most of the teachers know all the students and my children have been going there since they were in Pre-K. They still make sure to visit their old teachers on the first day of class. That said, there are a few things that I disagree with. This year they have implemented a new early morning detention schedule that really affects parents with more than one child. Especially if you do not live near the school and have to drive around with your remaining child for 20 mintutes waiting for the bell to ring. The other problem is that there seems to be excessive homework and homewok on Fridays which I do not agree with as it takes up too much of our family time.

St Albans Episcopal Day School
1417 East Austin Avenue, Harlingen, TX  78550
Last modified St Albans Episcopal Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
St Albans Episcopal Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top