Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

No security! Anyone can pick up any child. There needs to be changes made soon!

An amazing school with some of the best teachers around. After reading reviews and not knowing anyone in the area I was so nervous because of all the poor ratings, BUT I can tell you without a doubt those reviews are old and this school is AMAZING! You wont meet a better group of teachers and staff. Best advice I can give it go to JC Thompsons official Facebook page and read current reviews there! DONT READ OLD REVIEWS because they happened when an old principle was there and she hasn't been there over the last year and a half!

My kids have been at JCT for four years. Their teachers have been excellent. I've seen the teachers meet the needs of not only my kids, but also meeting the diverse needs of the other students in their classes. My kids love this school, they take pride in the motto "We take ourselves, take care of each other and take care of this place". We've never had any problems with staff, curriculum or other students. Very happy with our JCT experience!

We have been at the school since it opened and absolutely loved it. The lady that worked in the office, was wonderful, the teachers are amazing. I absolutely love everyone of my kids teachers they have had. Now the last 2 years, they have a new person in the office, and she is beyond rude and very unprofessional. I dread even having to try and deal with her. Its to the point where I cant stand dealing with the office, I am tempted to just pull my kids from the school and home school. I wish they would fix the issue, but it seems like no one cares when you complain. Just a fed up parent, who went from loving her kids school to not being able to stand it. I send in doctor notes, and personally hand them to her, and now the days are unexcused because she didn't submit them, and its her word against mine.

Our experience has been mixed. We have had great teachers, and the counselor and principal have been excellent in our interactions. Our only conflict has been with an extremely unprofessional office staff member. We do have a child at another school in the same grade. Our child at JCT is consistently behind what the other school is learning. So there is some concern that not as much material is being covered or that the student population is not moving as quickly. This is not a bad school by any means, but we certainly aren't upset that our time here is short.

Our daughter needed extra help in math. She is a great student and smart, but needs one on one help sometimes. Our requests for tutoring were ignored more than once. We had to have a huge meeting with all teachers just to get her tutoring. At the meeting they told us they didn't think she was ready for middle school. She was in 5th grade at that time. She got all A's and B's all year in 5th grade! Just got her first middle school report card and she got all A's and B's! What made me even more angry is that our daughter was out in the hall and heard what the teachers were saying about her! Very angry! The counselor there is terrible and treats you as if your dumb and doesn't seem to care. Not all teachers there are uncaring but there are some who should move on to other careers.

Our family is new to the district. We chose NWISD because of the exceptional ratings and we chose a home within the lines of Sendera Ranch Elementary upon hearing parents rave about it. We were told prior to moving into the area that our child would attend Sendera Ranch Elementary but upon registering, we were forced to change enrollment to JCT. We have called the administration and the offices at both Sendera Ranch Elem and JCT. I cannot say anything about the teaching faculty but the office personnel at JCT is extremely rude. Their demeanor is not what I would want my child to be exposed to at such a young age (or ever). Unfortunately, we have been denied a transfer. I cannot believe a district would put people like that in charge of children. As far as Sendera Ranch Elementary, the faculty has been extremely nice and helpful during this process. Since they are soo close to our home, they have allowed us to turn in all registration documentation to them. They have also been more than helpful in the attempted transfer. I would not recommend JCT for the simple fact of the faculty's crude behavior.

I have been very please with JCT. We came right after the school year started this year.. I am a teacher in another district, and wanted my children to attend NWISD because of all that I had heard and researched about the district. From the very beginning, I was impressed with how the classrooms are run. They include writing in every subject area, and encourage the children to do things such as power point presentations as they research various topics that interest them. My son is a talker and loves to be constantly moving, but hated writing. His teacher last year couldn't get him to write for anything. His teacher at JCT has been able to get him to not only write, but I have caught him doing research on my ipad several times this year just because he "was curious". Any time I have a concern, the staff addresses them as soon as I express them. The office staff is very kind and seems to know every child. The students' safety is a top priority at JCT. We are truly happy with this school and I encourage anyone who has had problems to go and discuss them with the principal. She seems to truly care about the students and families at her school!

I am very disappointed with JCT. We have been there since they opened and feel that teachers play favorites. That might be great if you are a favorite student, mine however were not & not only do they get overlooked when they are making effort & trying hard, they are not given the attention they needed when there was areas they needed to improve upon. There is also a great deal of bullying that staff turns a blind eye to. Students who are displaying behavior problems are catered to instead of being disciplined for exposing other children to various words, phrases & actions. We have tried to give it time but have ultimately decided to take them out of JCT.

We are not impressed with JCT. We think the expectations are way too harsh for such small children. They have the same expectations (a full page, small font by the way) for K-5 which is unrealistic. They also seem to favor the children who are 'normal', and those who need a little special attention seem to fall through the cracks. We will be exiting JCT after the fall semester and never coming back.

Last modified J C Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.