Posted July 29, 2014
Doesn't even Deserve a star. This school is horrible. The teachers do NOT teach whatsoever. The faculty is worried about being friends with the students then doing their job. More than half of the students have NO respect. The girls dress like they are going to a club and NOTHING is said or done. It's a school not a club. I feel bad for the students who actually want to learn and graduate!

Andy Dekaney High School 3

Posted April 23, 2013
As a current student in Andy Dekaney high school I cant begin to explain how many people judge by the first impression, or should I say first semester. I agree the school needs changes including teachers in order for the school to be run better. Although academically this school isn't the best. Some teachers do care , but its up to the students to make that decisions as well. This school also offers great sports opportunities and extra-curricular activities. I just personally think this school needs to change how things are being run.

Posted January 30, 2013
I am a student a dekaney and this school is horrible. Every class I attend is out of control with rowdy and disrespectful students that ALWAYS interrupt other students and espically the teacher. I had asked to get switched out of my Spanish class and the counsler was very unhelpful. Overall I dislike this school.

Posted October 30, 2012
My advice to anyone of any kind of substance putting there kid or kids in Dekaney think twice. I made the mistake of re-enrolling my kids back in the school because I heard of all the changes that has happened. They became stricter yes, but they need to know whats going on with kids before they judge the parents. This playing sides with the kids is not working.

Andy Dekaney High School 2

Posted October 13, 2010
This is a beautiful school and changes have been made in 4 years. However, the staff needs to be more supportive to the parents. They are sufficient in returning phones call to the parent timely on issues. I still have an open issue, but hey who am I, just a parent. They need to realize being friends with the students is not a priority. The students need more time for lunch and getting to and from classes. Eating lunch in 10 minutes can cause upper digestive issues. To overcrowded. I hope the district lines change so they can evenly spread the dynamics of the school.

Andy Dekaney High School 3

Posted August 03, 2010
This school, like any other school, is only as good as it's school community, which is made up of teachers, administration students AND parents. As an involved parent, I have seen my students excel both in the classroom and in their multiple extracurricular activities. Calling ALL parents!!!! It's time for us to collectively involve ourselves in the lives of the children God blessed us with. As you are involved, you hold your child as well as the teachers and administration accountable for the best possible experience for your child. It's easy to write a negative review and ridicule the school but it's a lot harder to do it when you are a part of the solution instead of the problem.

Andy Dekaney High School 0

Posted April 12, 2010
The administration is clueless as to how to run a school with this demographic. Walk down the halls during class and you would see what I mean. This school, like any other school struggling to get their kids passing the TAKS, focuses instruction almost exclusively to the test. The middle and elementary schools that feed into Dekaney ill-prepare these students for high school (and beyond) and Dekaney simply maintains this trend.

Posted January 10, 2010

Posted November 05, 2009
a very nice school, nice teacher, and nice students. sstudents learn so much. Also teachers help students out.

Posted October 06, 2009

Andy Dekaney High School
22352 Imperial Valley Drive, Houston, TX  77073
Last modified Andy Dekaney High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andy Dekaney High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top