No rating

Sweetwater Christian School

Private | PK-2, 7-12 | 276 students

Student diversity

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $92,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $840.

Posted January 30, 2012

I was thinking about enrolling my child in Sweetwater. I went by the school and a young lady told me it only to to 8th grade. I found that to be strange the website states Pk-2-7-12. And when looking at the website for about a year it has a phone number. When calling this number it gives a disconnect message. This is strange to me as a parent.

Posted April 25, 2008

SCS is not a school of organization, caring or respect. Some of the teachers are rude and uncaring..This is a christian school? Sometimes you really wonder, if they know the meaning of the word.

Posted April 24, 2008

SCS at one time was an excelant school. My sister in aw graduate in 1984 from SCS. My son has attended SCS for 3 years now and each year the teachers and adminstration gets worse. They have all of the elementary classes combined because they can not keep staff. The Browns themselves are good Christian People, but they have teachers that work for them, that are not. I am so disappointed in the school at this time. My son has benn treated unfairly. My son is not by any means an angel but he is a child. They are very unorganized, unfair and unchrisitan. Do not take your child to SCS.

Posted January 30, 2008

I would not recommend that anyone consider enrolling their child at Sweetwater; you will regret it! The school is not run in a professional way. Communication is extremely poor. This school is a very poor representation of a 'christian atmosphere.' Their teacher and student turnover rate is unbelievable. Sports is the number one prority for them -- not academics. Take a look at their website and judge for yourself.

Posted January 24, 2008

The leadership at Sweetwater is awesome and the extracurricular activities are getting much better.

Posted January 22, 2008

Sweetwater Christian School now has a new Principal Mr. Anthony and a great core of parents who are committed to seeing Sweetwater as one of the top elite private schools in Houston. Many parents have complained in the past about what's not being done but they never stepped up to the plate to make a difference. SCS has made many changes in 2007 to ensure that our children are getting the best education possible. We have a new website, booster club, PTAB committee, sponsors and a great Athletic Program lead by Coach Boykin who truly leads by example. Thank God for the parents, teachers and the administration of Sweetwater Christian School who are committed to doing whatever it takes. I'm excited about the future of Sweetwater Christian School.

Posted January 22, 2008

Sweetwater Christian School's new Head Basketball Coach Mr. Boykin has done a phenomenal job with the Basketball Athletic Program this year - Mr. Boykin leads by example. He is a great man of character and he leads by example. The players really respect him because he knows that he truly cares about their spiritual, emotional and physical well being. If you are looking for a great basketball athletic program Sweetwater Christian School is the place to be. He has done a great job with my son and I would recommend him very highly.

Posted January 21, 2008

I am a member of PTAB which is an organization that administration put in place to hear the concerns of the parents, and safety has always been important to us, an we are proud to say that our campus is safe

Posted January 20, 2008

I am very exicited about the direction that the school is going in I have been at Sweetwater for over 10 years and I must admitt I have never been this exited
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 11, 2007

I've recently withdrawn my son due to unorginized & unprofessional administration. Parents are rarely notified of changes, and there seems to be a lack of concern for answering questions or addressing issues. There needs to be better quality of leadership provided by the owners for the amount of tuition that is being charged.

Posted November 15, 2007

We pulled our daughter out due to the school becoming very disorganized, seems that they can't hold on to teachers. Their staff is very unprofessional. Don't recommend this to anybody.

Posted October 15, 2007

My child has attended Sweetwater for three years. We began at sweetwater under the administration that was in place before the Browns became owners. I have seen many improvements in the classrooms, school environment, and school integraty and moral. I have be pleased with my child performance at Sweetwater, they have given her space, opportunity and encouragement to explore her God given talents.

Posted October 1, 2007

This school is run very poorly.Sports is the most important thing to the Browns.

Posted September 19, 2007

My son attended this school for 3 years,the recent administration had made many changes however not sure how many were in the best interest of the children. Staff, curriculum and uniforms changed often and without notice. My son is currently enrolled in another private school, that is in the area however he is struggling to keep up with the students his age due to not being properly prepared. Current administration at Sweetwater may have good intentions, but that does not mean that you are able to educate.

Posted August 30, 2007

Some parents, who stayed and gave Sweetwater a chance, are pleased to see the enthusiasm and fresh attitude from the new teachers and current administration. Granted, the past two years were tough and frustrating for many of us parents, but now the vision and focus on the children and their education is what encourages us. Aesthetics and past issues shouldn't cloud the fact that these teachers at Sweetwater are committed to our children's education and future. The determination to move forward and learn from the past seems to have motivated the current personnel to help the students to excel in their classes/studies. Keep praying for students, teachers and administration of Sweetwater Christian School...God is listening.

Posted July 18, 2007

Hopefully this school will get better. It has potential but so far has lived way below it's potential. We pay for books that are delivered late and in a used condition. Uniforms are changed midyear with no warning. Teachers obviously have favorites and discipline is meted out that way, no consideration of witness reports etc. it is if teachers like the child. No real extracurricular activity for children in elem. school...no music class, no Foreign language, no computer that I have ever seen in elem school. Classrooms are crowded, Families provide teacher supplies (wipe off markers, etc). No regular field trips and the ones they go on are to sporting events and pizza! Nothing academic. No parent communication on lesson plans or syllabus for kids so parents can help. No e-mail communication, no idea what classroom goals are...they seem to change so much they may not have any.

Posted July 10, 2007

I also had high hopes for this school. The Browns ( the administrators and head of school and daycare) talked a good game on me but never came through on any of there promises. I wolud adivise anyine to be very cautioius and prayed up if considering this school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 29, 2007

Well I have been in SCS since pre-k and I use to love it until coach brown took over everything started falling apart. Its not the same the spiritual part is gone! Its like if your going to a public school (nothing against public schools) that calls themselves Christian! If your thinking of sending your child to this school I recommend you don't! The only thing good in that school to me is some of the people and that's about it! They don't treat everyone equally. My opinion is this school is bad! If you decide to put your child in this school your going to regret it!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 29, 2007

Hello I just want to give people a heads up before they even think about sending their child to sweetwater christian school. the school is definitely a poor environment, very unorganized, has bad administration, and there is no reason 'Christian' should be in the name, this school has lost its spirituality. I know this firsthand well because i attendED s.c.s. a year ago. the school is known for closing down but later ends up opening again. students are not treated fairly or equally. The only thing i enjoyed about going to this school was the friends i met there, i met some when the school was at least decent, we all figured we would graduate together at scs but as time went on we knew we had to leave, each off to different schools but we still get to see each other from time to time, but we ..
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 6, 2007

Very unorganized. I will never send my kids to that school again. They contradict everything they say. You are paying for a poor environment. Lunch prices go up, and meal quality and quantity goes down. They do not know how to run a school and shouldn't.

• Reginald Nelson
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (281) 443-3766

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious