Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,546

Dean Middle School 2

Posted April 20, 2014
The school is the worse ever in the district! The assistant principal and principal need to be replaced or fired! Bullying is NOT taken seriously and the person that getting bullied is not getting the support for the administration! I will never send any more of my children through Dean until THE AP AND PRINCIPAL are gone! MY TAX MONEY WASTED!

Dean Middle School 3

Posted April 19, 2014
this school needs ALOT of improvements. It looks ugly from the outside and the inside. the ugliest school in the district.

Dean Middle School 5

Posted November 10, 2013
I am a 7 th grader at this school and so far i think it is awsome the library is grate but kinda small . But teacher actually have afterschool sesions to help children w/ test or just to improve and i admit some kids here are hardheaded and refuse to learn but i see some kids actullay starting to focus on school espesially me . Well the food is good not grate but you can bring you own food too we do hv sports such as football soccer volley ball .and more we hv choice of classes and if you pass the starr on you second yr you get electivesbut .....mistakes uhh some of the restooms are nasty and need to be neat .but thanks and for you parents out there this school is great but there can be fights but that is decrasing as time passes hv a little pool like a splash pool sesion that requiers parent permission but you get to hv fun but this school is grate

Posted August 01, 2013
Dean is a great public school. If you're child is placed on advanced classes he/she will enjoy it. The food ,teachers are great.

Posted July 18, 2013
Honestly Dean is a good school is just that the students are hard headed. There's so much a teacher or an assistant principal can do when the students are abliviouse to the reason they are at school. What this school needs to do is be strickt take control of the matter u have the future in yalls hand please make it a good one.. n by the way I'm a m**** f****** student at this school :-D P.S yes they did have bad food for a while but you also have the choice to bring your own food, teach yalls children how to cook, so they won't depend on others...

Posted June 24, 2013
I would not recommend this school at all. My when the school year started they did not have enough food for the students. The school cafeteria was under renovation, not a well planned summer project. Lots of student fights posted on face book. Student incidents not investigated, no cameras in classrooms or hallways. Incompetent APs

Posted January 20, 2013
Unfortunately the worse school cy-fair. Unresponsive leadership, no resolution to issues, AP were very unprofessional. Was advised there were cameras in the the halls, but when confronted the cameras are never turned on, same with the bus system. Replace the adminstration and I would think there would be a great improvement in this school.

Posted October 05, 2012
Dean has been the worst school district I've had my children attend. The principle was very rude when trying to discuss a simple matter with me and continued talking over me and would not let me finish my sentences. I was not trying to argue but he turned everything into an arguement. Some kid hit my son in the face one day, they called me and said 'Would you like to press charges or would you like to do nothing..." When I showed up at the school no one had the time to see me to discuss the matter and I was completely ignored and ending up leaving an hour later without getting anything resolved. Later I received a call from a teacher to simply touch base on my child, but he could not answer ANY questions I had, including the incident of my son getting punched in the face. he did not even remember the incident even though it took place in HIS class and only took place a week and a half earlier. Also when my son started they did not have hot food in the cafeteria for at least two weeks. Terrible.

Dean Middle School 2

Posted June 01, 2011
I attended this school and I personally didn't feel too safe while I was there. Yes the administration works very hard on discipline and such, but it really doesn't matter when the students make it such an uncomfortable environment to learn in. This school is in my opinion on the lower end of Cy-Fair ISD middle schools in terms of academics and discipline but you can't really help it when there's such a big influence with so many disrespectful students. If I were a parent, I would not allow my child to attend this school because I don't feel that it shows students what is expected of them in high school or in the real world.

Posted April 13, 2011
I'm a student who goes here. It's an okay school. People will go around and say that we're a bad school, but we're really not. The teachers here are great and they try their best to fulfill our educational needs. There will be fights and stuff occasionally, but it's not frequent. The principal and assitant principals are really strict, behavior-wise. The school is mostly hispanics and african americans. Some of our sports include basketball, volleyball, football, cross country, track, and soccer. We also have a pool by the back gym. At our school, there's 2 types of classes. On-level and level 1. On-level if for students at a basic level and level 1 students are for students at a more advanced level. They have cameras in the hallways and around the school, but it seems like they don't really watch them. Some of the kids here don't really care about tardies and grades, so that's probably where we get the low scores. Ever since the incident that happened back in the early 2000's, we've had a police checking the school every monday morning for drugs and he stays throughout the day to monitor the school. All in all, the school is great. There's just rumors from haters.

Dean Middle School
14104 Reo Street, Houston, TX  77040
Last modified Dean Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dean Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top