Francone Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2014
I am happy to send my children to school at Francone. In the past, I have had some concerns, but I know the principal is doing what she can to turn around Francone. She has the biggest heart and does what she can for our children. Working in the business world, it is easy to get rid of those that are not helping the company be successful. In education it is not as easy. Ms. Melancon continues to hire people that truly care about children. She is exactly the leader this school needs.

Posted July 27, 2014
This school has been an absolute nightmare. My oldest child is gifted, and received very little trouble, however my younger two children have had some struggles due to abuse from their biological mother. Now at home, my husband and I have worked vigilantly (with therapists and psychiatrists) to help them overcome these issues, but the staff has worked against us every step of the way. Firstly, they refused to acknowledge me as a parent. Despite many, many written and verbal requests that I be the primary contact, they refused to contact me first, always contacting my husband instead. That is, when they bothered contacting at all. With children who are dealing with emotional traumas, I needed to know immediately any issues throughout the week, but the teachers often lied, saying there had been no issues, only to find out later there had been. This undermined their recovery. My attempts to reach out to the school were met with snide commentary, accusations, and condescending "suggestions" that I merely "have a talk" with my children about their behaviour, or attend a generic parenting class. Horrible place. Glad I'm moving soon!

Posted June 01, 2014
This school is horrible!! My daughter attended this school for three months and it was the worst experience I ever had. The teachers have to deal with so many behavior issues, they can not teach. My daughter is speech delayed and I had to current a lot of words she learned to pronounce incorrectly. The administrators have no clue how to deal with knowledgable parents. The staff tries to run you over and tell you how your child's special education is going to be. The zoning to this school is mostly low income. Not that low income is bad but the stereotypical view applies here. Do not let your child attend this school.

Francone Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2014
There is a large population of African Americans and Hispanics at this particular school. I have had to work extra hard with my children because they are the minority being white. A lot of the African American students can be very aggressive and ready to fight for some reason. The hardest part is to redirect my own child s behavior and get intervention when needed. Our children need their parent s involvement as much as possible being at the youth they are. And helping them make the right decisions are very critical. This is what you get with a public school as diversified as it is. The teachers have a hard enough time as it is, teaching without interruptions during the day, much less intervening with each incident that happens. I work hard with my children along with the teachers, supporting the teachers as much as I can. If every parent could do their part, this school would be rated at least a 7. The academic work is challenging if you work with your child and teacher allowing them to prosper. It is a team effort raising these children to go to college and better themselves. We cannot put the blame on the teachers when we all have to do our part to help them become successful.

Francone Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
My son is in kindergarten going to first grade,looking at these reviews concerns me but at the same time parents talk about other kids behavior is it really the teachers fault that some kids don't behave NO! its the parents fault they failed their kids and leave it up to the teachers to control them?! when its the kids that learn that behavior from their parents very time i have a question or concern about my child's education i go to the school and address the situation it all comes down to the parents involvement with the school if you are so upset with this school why not go and talk to the principal instead of sitting here behind the computer typing away your problems im sure none of these 1 star reviewers have ever gone to PTC or even sat down with the principal about these problems and IF you have then good for you. You done your part and if you are not satisfied then its up to YOU the "parent" to make the decision for your child .I am proud to say My son is a Francone falcon leader and will be attending first grade next year

Posted May 05, 2014
My child only attended to Francon for 3 months and those 3 month change his behavior and grades whent down.. his teacher was very nice but the students in the classroom where super bad.. he is back at his old school and grades went back to good grades and no more bad notes from the teacher..

Posted May 03, 2014
If you have a child with a disability, this is not the school for you. IEP meetings are hard enough on a parent. This school does not look at Doctor reports or outside evaluations in making a decision about services for your child. They only lol at what the school itself decides and the people they choose to evaluate your child. We were told this in my Granddaughters IEP. They are the judge and the jury. Parents have rights... Fight for your child's education. Do not let them run over you.

Posted April 04, 2014
I have concerns about this school. It seems like teachers have little support from administration. I know some good teachers at this school that want to teach but can't due to all the behavioral problems. It is not a welcoming environment for parents, I have observed conversations about certain parents and students. Leadership needs to be trained on working with the populations that they are currently serving. Students that want to learn need a chance to do so and good teachers need to be able to teach.

Posted February 26, 2014
This is the worse school in cyfair district and it seems no one cares enough to bring this school to a better learning environment. This seems to be the reject school . This is my daughters second year and it will definately be her last. The only reason it has a star is because the site requires it before I post but this school does not deserve any stars

Posted February 25, 2014
I am very disappointed with Francone Elementary, it seems like most of the teachers can not control the kids, I have seen a lot of behavior problems with kids and teachers I guess sometimes give up and dont tell them anything if they see a kid spitting at other kid, also the receptionist is rude, my daughter has gotten to the pount she doesn't want to attend school because she says the kids don't behave in class and call her names, She is an honor roll student and I have never had problems with her behavior, I have tried to ask for help but doesn't seem is working.

Francone Elementary School
11250 Perry Road, Houston, TX  77064
Last modified Francone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francone Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top