Public charter
Houston, TX

Kipp Intrepid Preparatory School 5

Posted February 03, 2013
My son is a 5th grade student at KIPP Intrepid. I love this school!! The teachers are very easy to contact in case you have an issue to address about your child. One of the main thing that impresses me about this school is the fact that even while making the kids face the consequences of their actions they still encourage the children in a positive way to do better. They also do not tolerate bullying at all. Again I love this school and what it is doing for my child.

Posted June 03, 2012
My child went to this school for a year. The KIPP system itself was structured ,but when my child arrived at this campus it went down hill. This school would not even cal me if my child would get sick during the day. They mistreated my child on a daily basis. If you can apply for another Kipp campus , do that . This particular school is unorganized and unnecessary .

Posted June 01, 2012
Do not matter how hard you work never get something nice for that, at the end you receive the same treat has children in bench. Another words you are punish for be a good student. Do a favor to your children look for other option.

Posted May 12, 2011
This school is not as good as it pretends to be; some of the teachers are very rude and uncaring. Only concerned to maintain high test scores and good reviews, but uncaring toward the students. I think they abuse their authority....I suggest not to just look at reviews but look at the whole picture before sending your child there. You know your child better than anyone... his personality, his background. etc. Make sure it's a good fit for him. A successful life takes more than just education, but high self-esteem, happiness, etc. as well.

Kipp Intrepid Preparatory School 5

Posted October 28, 2010
My daugher and I are both glad we transfered her to this school. She is challenged more both mentally and physically. Sure the school is more strict in all aspects but in these times we need to be more strict with our children. Parents and teachers work together (and thats the way it needs to be) to help our children have a better chance to be succesful in life.

Posted September 08, 2010
This school is worried more about ratings than the kids. They treat the kids as if they were in military school. No desk the first week sitting on the floor. For the end of the year trip.. The principal arrives in her RV while the kids freeze in thier tents. !! that was unaffair. Why should she receive special treament, shouldnt she show the kids the same respect.

Kipp Intrepid Preparatory School
5402 Lawndale Street, Houston, TX  77023
Last modified Kipp Intrepid Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp Intrepid Preparatory School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top