Houston, TX

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
they only care if they can benefit of that student, or they will set them aside

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
all they care is numbers. They don't care, about the students, only the reputation and are not willing to admit their mistakes. I asked the whole year to have a different teacher for my Son, the principal finally agreed on it, but never did, and asked many times after

Posted May 27, 2015
I agreed with all the bad reviews. Is been a struggle for 2 years to get Them to treat my Son and myself with respect. All they do, is ignored, cover their backs and the principal has accuse Me and my Son, base on her criteria of things without even asking first. Labeling Us and telling me Her school doesn't have the resources my Son needs, that public school is not for him. If it weren't because i been after them, He won't be passing this grade, but they made sure I can't register Him for next year. He has Autism and the teacher made him crash the 3rd day of school and couldn't get him back to normal. The ironic things is that they pretend him to respond like if he didn't has it and grade him without caring. My Respect and love for the Counselor

Posted November 25, 2014
I was wondering if I was the only one having issues with the teachers and staff being rude! All the way down to the lunch lady! My son's teacher is horribly rude. I can't wait for him to leave her class. This is the second teacher we've encountered so far with an attitude. It seems as though they hire ppl that don't like to work with kids. My son has never been in trouble but their attitudes are just simply horrible. I'm really starting to consider moving him at this point with the recent encounter with the principal.

Posted July 29, 2014
I have sent my children here and I definitely regret it. They are all forced to be IB. My children never have time to spend with the family and are always locked up in their rooms doing projects. Most of the good activities require money. The teachers are HIGHLY rude and obviously don't know how to treat students fairly. The new principal also took the fun out of everything. My children used to come home everyday with smiles on their faces. They actually had fun activities, but now that the school has become IB, there's nothing good about it. When I went to enroll my children, I was treated like a dog. It seemed like I wasn't wanted and neither were my kids. I will never send my children back here again, I suggest you don't either.

Posted May 01, 2014
I do not like this school at all and cannot wait for my child to move on to middle school. I have a special needs student and getting help for him as been nothing but a battle for years. They say one thing and do another. You call in the big wigs and they jump to attention but it does not last long. They backslide as soon as no one is watching. There are a couple of members of the staff that I think truly care, but they can only do so much. If you cannot or do not volunteer or donate money you might as well forget it. You are shunned. Bullying is VERY prevalent at this school though they claim it doesn't happen. Several members of the faculty are themselves bullies. Their other big thing is the IB program. I think it should be optional not forced on all students. That's how it was when I was in school. They care about their image not about the quality of education each child gets.

Briargrove Elementary School 4

Posted February 28, 2014
Brairgrove Ele is home for my kids for four year . WE have seen a lot of changes problems and solutions during the time but overall my kids have done very well from kinder to 5th .The kids excelled very well . The teachers are mostly new and are very innovative and blends well with very experienced teacher. Its a very diverse school you will find kids from all over the world and origin. It is overcrowed due to the sudden development in the area but a new relief school will be build soon . This year the kids are learning spanish . PTO is very strong . The school have great events all year long and the parents can get involved in lots of activities. After school activities include music, dance, chess, science ,spanish, Chinese and more . Its a good school and kids have a lot of fun stuff . The new Principal is doing very well . The teachers are good that includes enrichment teachers. We love Brairgrove .

Briargrove Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2013
Very Good school! ALL people in this School are cooperative and keep sending the event details. My son started in Kindergarten this year and he love to go to this school.

Briargrove Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter started kinder there and has returned for first grade. Her teacher is very inexperienced and the class is overcrowded. I am disappointed to learn my daughter is reading at below grade and I had to request from her teacher her reading assesmnet and was given no directio or options on how to help her get caught up. extremly disappointed with this new faculty member in place

Posted September 11, 2013
This was once a great school it is no longer that way. Out of 775 elementary schools in HISD is school is 528 and rated a C school. Look at the website Children at Risk and take a look at the rankings. The leardership has no idea what is happening in the class rooms.

6145 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX  77057
Last modified Briargrove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briargrove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top