Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Hamilton Middle School 1

Posted January 21, 2016
I substituted for 7/8 grade recently. The students are extremely rude and disrespectful to adults and to each other. Students come in and out of the classroom with no regard for the adult in the room. This left a bad first impression.

Posted July 27, 2015
This school is so amazing and has changed me in so many ways. I love the teachers and staff so much and they are so helpful. Everyone there is so sweet and there is never any bulling. There are many of amazing programs there and I love that school so much. This school is so grate and I love it so much. I recommend it to everyone!

Posted September 22, 2012
I had two daughters who finised Hamilton M.S. and we were very happy with everything that we experienced there. and even if we had a minor issue, just meeting and talking with the teachers, etc. was helpful. We have wonderful memories of HMS.. and may they keep their excellence up. In 2012 they got a new principal, hopefully she will be as disciplinary and strict as the one we had for many years, Mrs. Ogwumike, she was an outstanding Principal and because of this the school was great, so, they need to just keep and do what they have done ... We loved this school and the area.

Posted November 12, 2011
I was a Vanguard student at Hamilton Middle School in the Heights area. At the time I was not thrill with some of the teachers. They really demand the best from you and gave little slack. I can honestly say I enjoy and respect those years the most. I am sure my teachers are long gone but I wish I could thank them for preparing me for high school. I am not a mother and my child will soon go to junior high. I wish I lived in Houston to send her to Hamilton. Times are hard and I hope they will be able to keep the program alive.

Hamilton Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2010
My daughter started at Hamilton this year with the vanguard program. I have been impressed with the faculty and pto. They have had a few events so far that have been great, including a published author to come and speak to the children. I do think the school needs more fundraisers to get the funds they need to update the school and equipment. Great school overall and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a great learning experience and culture.

Posted July 23, 2010
The adminstration is great. The school's small-school set up is very conductive to learning and guarantees that each students' strengths and weaknesses are known by their teachers and dean whether they are in the Vanguard program or not. This is a tough school to teach at. The students are difficult and often unruly but most of the teachers can control their classrooms successfully. One way the school could improve would be to enforce a stricter no tolenance policy on drug use and behavior problems though. Currently the school is winning this battle, but they have quite a ways to go.

Posted April 19, 2010
I love my school!!! The only down side is that there are fist fights and rude people at my school, but I do belive all of the teachers and Assistant Principles are awesome!!! :D

Hamilton Middle School

Posted December 08, 2008
i really love this school..its great!

Posted September 16, 2008
I love this school! It has amazing extracuricuilar activities and great academics. The principal, teachers, and deans are great. They're all fair and nice. The school also loves parent involvement and try to encourage it. I have learned so much over the past few few years I've been here and have had so much with everyone. The Vangaurd Program is amazing. In math and science you learn the grade above yours (ex. in 6th grade you learn 7th grade math and science.) In 8th grade, if you do well enough, you can take algebra, and in 7th grade you can take Spanish with an amazing teacher. They also have a great karate program. Hamilton offers a great learning experience and environment. It is an exmpolary school, and a Texas recognized school.

Posted April 19, 2008
The school has improved greatly due to pressure from parental involvement from parents of students in the honors and vanguard programs. However, the children are so segregated that the 'regular' level of students appear to be 'rough' when in reality they could probably use less segregation (of student leaders into upper programs, etc.) and more integration so that these students benefit as well instead of being left to seem as the 'low group'. A special needs student might have a hard time at this school and this is not fair as they are also entitled to the best public school education available.

Hamilton Middle School
139 East 20th Street, Houston, TX  77008
Last modified Hamilton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.