Posted October 19, 2014
One of the best schools! The principal is very much in touch and dedicated to the school's well being. Kids are well cared and overall development is stressed upon, not just test scores. I have had very good experience whenever I needed to talk to anybody. It is a school that is both academically good as well as with a personal touch - a combination rare to find.

Posted April 03, 2014
This school is very good, Teachers are very helpful and caring. My daughter has been here for two months, and she loves to go to school.

Posted September 08, 2013
My school is the best in Houston! The only drawback is the temporary buildings as the more and more families move into the area and just to send their kids to Twain. Great as a literary magnet and IB school.

Posted August 31, 2013
This is a well organized school. Students are encouraged to learn and express. Parents are well involved. I love the school building too - indoor rooms are very clean, bright and organized.

Posted August 26, 2013
We just started at Twain but I have been extremely impressed with how organized and friendly everyone has been. My daughter just started Kindergarten her and she was immediately put at ease by her new teacher. I look forward to a great year at Twain.

Posted May 19, 2013
our son attended K grade and this is our first year. Indeed the environment is buzzing with energy and parents are kept involved at every stage. I would disagree with the 'child not wanting to go to the school' and teachers 'yelling or screaming'. On the contrary the child loved getting up in the morning and looking forward to school days. In our experience they make an effort to educate children to be part of a diverse society. Can't comment on higher classes. We did find it odd though that they tend to promote local businesses to get donations but perhaps it is OK if done within reason due to overall budget cuts etc.

Posted May 19, 2013
Our son is in K grade and this is our first year. The school is great especially teachers, they are very helpful and caring. My son loves to go to school.

Posted May 16, 2012
The principal displays strong leadership and while LDC and the writing program are impressive, I subtracted a star because the math and science is program is not as strong as it should be. Many other parents say they supplement with extracurricular math/science programs. My child is a rising 5th grader who has attended Mark Twain since the 1st grade and he says he feels weak in that area when compared to his friends who attend other elementary schools.

Twain Elementary School 3

Posted October 25, 2011
I guess I expect more than the other parents who have posted here. While Twain will never be mistaken with an elementary in a gritty, working class neighborhood (like the one I attended growing up), I'm disappointed with our performance compared to our peer schools like Roberts Elementary, River Oaks Elementary or West University Elementary. My child continually comments on never feeling challenged by the work. If you have the type of child that tests in the highest percentiles, you probably want to look elsewhere for a challenging environment.

Posted August 30, 2011
This is our first year at Twain. Wow! I can't say enough about it. The school buzzes with life. Everyone (students, teachers, and parents) seem to be energetic about being there. The importance of reaching and teaching the whole child is amazing these days and at this school it is their mission. Focus seems to be on enriching each student beyond what is expected for standardized test. If you look a the school's testing data knocking the standardized test out of the water is second nature. The principal always greets each parent and child every morning with a smile. She seems very comfortable with any parent/child interaction. My child's teacher, Mrs. Paschal, is above and beyond. She greets each child with a smile and a hug every morning. She keeps the parents well informed through her website and blog. This schools specials classes are great too. We're coming from a school that has only PE and music. Twain has Spanish, PE, Music, Art, Language Arts Lab, etc. Wow! We are very blessed to be a part of Twain Elementary!

Twain Elementary School
7500 Braes Boulevard, Houston, TX  77025
Last modified Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top