Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,630

Waltrip High School 1

Posted December 12, 2011
WHEN THE DISTRICT WAS CLOSING SCHOOLS THEY SHOULD HAVE STARTED WITH THIS ONE!!!!!!! A lot of the teachers are sooooo unconcerned!!!!

Waltrip High School 1

Posted August 15, 2010
This school needs a make over in the front office on down to the attendance . You call up there and nobody never knows anything . I get calls on cell with messages when I call , they don't even know who sent them or anything about. It needs a major make over building wise as well as better security staff not to mention nurse staff as well. Parents really need to get involved and just pop in once in a while to check how there teacher is teaching and how somethimes students get misplaced or lost .

Posted April 13, 2010
This school needs a Staff makeover and it is not a good school as some have posted , Need to really go and check it out personally

Posted January 15, 2009
My son is a freshman at Waltrip and I am his father and I are very happy with his ajustment at Waltrip this tear. the teachers and coaches have shown total support in our son's education and althelic achievements. We look forward to the next three years at Waltrip

Posted September 27, 2007
I had two other grandkids go to Reagan, neither one of them stayed very long.They tranferred out of there, and graduated from other schools. Now I have a granddaughter I made sure that she was enrolled at Waltrip before school even started. She really likes it there. She even surprised me by joining the JROTC, that was great. I'm very proud of her.

Posted July 27, 2007
Both my daughters have attended Waltrip. First one graduated 2001, graduated U of H Sigma Cum Laude, and is now teaching in HISD close to Waltrip. The other one is a senior. I love this school. My girls feel totally safe attending Waltrip. Waltrip is a hidden treasure in HISD.

Posted January 11, 2006
I transferred my Daughter into this school from Reagan High School. I noticed a big difference in the first day being there with her. I love this school. I think the teachers and the entire staff are wonderful.

Posted August 24, 2005
It's a great school with a laid back eniviorment, I love it.

Waltrip High School 4

Posted October 14, 2004
I feel that this school is very educational and offers many programs of which I never even knew existed. It helps me out alot. I really enjoy the people there and the atmosphere. Everyone's really friendly and so hospitable. I really appreciate this since it is my first year.

Waltrip High School 2

Posted March 01, 2004
I graduated from Waltrip in 1999. Waltrip did not prepare me for college in the slightest. I am still in college and I find that my writing skills are not as good as they should be. My English teacher simply never prepared us for college. We did very simple 'busy' work.

1900 West 34th Street, Houston, TX  77018
Last modified Waltrip High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waltrip High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top