Posted September 09, 2013
We just moved to Kingwood over the summer and enrolled at Willow Creek a few weeks ago. We have been met with such amazing enthusiasm. The parents, teachers and administrators have made the transition for my 1st and 2nd graders absolutely seemless. Both of my kids have been invited to Playdates and a group of moms found me and took me in as if I have been here for years. I am so completely thrilled with the new school and the new neighborhood. Thank you Great Schools for helping us make the decision on where to settle our family.

Willow Creek Elementary School 1

Posted June 13, 2013
I have a child that is very interested in math and science and she happens to be a girl. Willow Creek does not offer a community that is interested in helping girls achieve in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Sciences. My child was bullied by the other students and the teaching staff for wanting to excel in math and science. She was also bullied in the lunch room by classmates who tried to put food containing wheat on her so she would break out in a rash. The staff did nothing to prevent this so I consider them willing participants. She made great grades and she scored well on all of her benchmark and star test but was unhappy. The community of Kings Point is known for it's keeping up with the Jones atmosphere and the parents attitudes is reflected in the kids behavior. It is so sad that we are not celebrating and following the child, in a progressive program, built for the way children learn. Our public school seems to be holding dear to old stereotypes and looking at state mandated benchmarks as "achieving excellence." I cannot believe I am spending tax dollars for such a backward looking educational program.

Posted April 10, 2013
We are just finishing our first year at WCE. We have three kids there: K,3,5. It is a very sweet school...not perfect, but all of my kids are so happy there. The teaching is solid (great for gifted kids too). The parents are involved, but certainly not psycho like some of the other posts inferred. The families we have gotten to know are deeply kind and good people. We have lived in Kingwood for 7 months and it feels like years because of the quality of friendships we have enjoys. Don't hesitate to send your kids there. And a comment at Riverwood Middle School that this school feeds into: our oldest daughter LOVES it. Imagine moving and starting a new school in 7th grade and loving it! Enough said.

Posted February 01, 2012
Our family is new this year to Willow Creek and we have been very pleased with the school. Both my kids have gotten great teachers who challenge them. The staff and families are very welcoming and warm.

Posted January 06, 2012
I don't know who the last reviewer is or what their issues may be, but I do know that we have had a great experience at Willow Creek. My son is a 2nd grader there and has had excellent teachers all 3 years who have gone above and beyond the 'requirements'. I volunteer at the school as often as I can (with younger ones at home), and have always felt welcomed and appreciated by teachers & staff. This truly is the best way to get a sense for what's really going on in class. My son's grade has many children who excel academically and his teachers have made great efforts to keep them engaged and challenged. Of course there are those with special needs, too, and their teachers are excellent as well, from what those parents have told me. Like many families, we moved here mainly for the great schools and we have not been disappointed. No school is perfect - especially with all the beaurocratic requirements put upon public schools - but Willow Creek truly does excel. Don't blame the school for the NCLB nonsense forced upon them by the federal government!

Willow Creek Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2012
The academics at this school are below level. We moved to this area, looking at this "perfect 10" rating only to be sorely disappointed. I feel that this school cheats on the tests by teaching ONLY to the bottom of the class and ONLY to the test. The 10 rating is only based on what the bottom students re doing. It is an awful school for advanced students. They tried to hide what they were doing by not letting parents go into the classrooms and by withholding important information. THe principal just changed. The one that left was a complete NIGHTMARE. She was not helpful at all in meeting the needs of my child. My son learned absolutely nothing in the three months that he attended this school. We finally had no choice but to pull him out. Hopefully the new principal will be more honest and will have better standards....

Willow Creek Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2009
Agree w/ the Nov. 3 post. The Principal changed again and school seems a bit in flux. There is too much PTA-directed events and the increase in early-release days(!), fundraising and overall party/event-related days is disrupting the instruction time. Academics need more priority. It is a good school, better than most. But the administration needs to step in and take back the schedule!! The daily emails for volunteer parents and contributions is out of control and the amount of non-staff at the school everyday is too much. It does affect the kids' ability to concentrate and be consistent in their studies. We have three children going through WC and how the non-academic emphasis does affect their progress.

Willow Creek Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2009
My sons attend WCE and overall it is a good school. Good, not great. I think the environment is very safe and secure for the kids. However, I don't think the academics are that great. There is not a strong focus on academic excellence throughout the school and the district. If you want a nice, safe average school that will support your child, great. If you want a place that will challenge your child to do their best, be prepared to supplement. All in all, I need more and my kids deserve better.

Posted September 16, 2009
Grandson started there this year and said everyone is so kind. Made him feel very welcome.

Willow Creek Elementary School 0

Posted June 24, 2009
We love this school! The front office staffis welcoming and friendly. Sandy is always so helpful! The principal, Mrs. Thomas, is always visible and knows all of the students. She is friendly and is available to speak to us when we need to talk to the principal. My children love going to school everyday!

Willow Creek Elementary School
2002 Willow Terrace Drive, Houston, TX  77345
Last modified Willow Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top