Houston, TX

Klenk Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
The teachers don't genuinely care for the students. My daughters fourth grade teacher decided that if a student misplaces their conduct card that an automatic "U" is reported for conduct. A "U" in conduct is associated with a child that has been misbehaving and acting out in class. When asked about this policy her teacher advised that it is a "administrative policy" ,yet, the principal advised that this policy is made by the 4th grade teachers. If one is to lose a social security card, birth certificate, or state id government policy allows replacement documents (no punishment). Policy seems to be most important as in a systematic cattle driving system. This fourth grade policy is unjust and too harsh for students. It demotes a student's self esteem as would a criminal record to a young adult. Why is there no electronic records for conduct in the fourth grade? Why such a harsh punishment for a lost document?

Klenk Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2011
I would like to get more information this school. So would you please sent more information to me. Thank you

Posted August 08, 2008
My child attended Klenk Elementary and although I felt he was being challenged to an extent, my disappointment was with my son's teacher. His classroom lacked behavior management apparently as he and another girl in the classroom were the only two who did not get in trouble on a regular basis. He came home with stories of cussing and when approaching the principal on this, I was ensured a visit and follow up phone call and did not receive a follow up call at all. I was disappointed as well because his teacher made many errors on test grading that I would have to correct and hope were changed accordingly in the gradebook. I think there is definite potential but was not thrilled.

Klenk Elementary School 5

Posted November 29, 2006
I have been impressed by the quality of the Principal and staff. My child is definitely benefiting from being in this school. They go the extra mile to help students learn.

Klenk Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2005
The Administrative staff does not value parent participation. The staff pacifies the parents, overlook their concerns, and neglect the best interest of the children. The teachers are not on one accord and administrators support the teachers at all cost.

Posted October 11, 2004
This is my son's first year at Klenk Elem. Last year he attended Krahn (Klein District too). This year my son't and his teacher encountered personality differences and ultimately ended up in requesting in a a change of teacher. She seems frustrated and combative in every topic we tried to discuss. He has changed and is doing extremely well. Parents just try to stay envolved because one teacher's attitude and damage your child's future outlook on his/her education career.

Klenk Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2004
My child has attended Klenk Elementary for 2 years now. He loves it and we are for the most part happy with the school. It is a bit over crowded at the moment but a new school is being built and will be ready by this fall. My only problem is that I have tried to communicate with his teacher 3 times with no response. I have tried to be involved and have not even had a call or e-mail back from her. I feel communication is the key to help the kids and she has failed miserably in that aspect.

Klenk Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2004
My son is in kindergarten this year, and I have been dissapointed in the teachers at Klenk. I feel that he is getting a good education, but many of the teachers seem like they don't like their job. Everytime I am at school, I encounter a teacher yelling at a young child. The teachers never seem to smile nor do they act like they enjoy their job. This concerns me, because children are so impressionable at this age.

Posted September 29, 2003
My children attended Klenk for 2 years. I felt during that time that while individual teachers were good, they seemed tired and frustrated. My children have the potential to be high achievers and they became complacent. Teachers were challenged with so many learning levels in the same class, that mine were falling between the cracks. There was low overall parent involvement. The parents who are involved are swamped because there are too few volunteers to share the work.

Klenk Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2003
We are a military family and have lived in many states, Klenk is by far my favorite school. These children are receiving a higher education compared to the rest of the US. As for the uniforms, I voted for them and stand by them. The cost is lower, there is no decision in the morning, and all the children are are brought to the same level. thank you

Klenk Elementary School
6111 Bourgeois Road, Houston, TX  77066
Last modified Klenk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Klenk Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top