Houston, TX

St Michael Catholic School 1

Posted March 22, 2015
My son went to this school from Kindergarten to 2nd grade. In Kindergarten his teacher self-diagnosed my child as ADD and wouldn't change her attitude about it even after I had a doctor verify that he wasn't ADD. I requested to sit in the back of the classroom to show her that he would act properly if I was present, but they wouldn't allow me. In 1st grade I was never contacted, yet found out half way through the year that the teacher was allowing my son to run in circles around the class for the first 10 minutes to burn off his energy while the rest of the class was being read to (needless to say I was outraged). In 2nd grade my wife went to the school and found out that there were 5 desks in the very front of the classroom facing backwards, these students had their backs to the chalkboard and were facing the rest of the students, these were the problem children and my son was one of them. I moved my son to a public school for 3rd grade where his attitude was quickly put in check by the staff, he was also struggling at first because in academics he was so far behind, by mid-year he was excelling both academically and in behavior. His new school agreed that he wasn't ADD.

Posted August 05, 2013
We're very happy with SMCS. This will be our son's 3rd year there. He has learned so much and is doing really well. In fact tested above grade level. The education standers are higher and harder than HISD and other private schools. Making stronger and brighter kids. The staff and family members are nice and welcoming. We have really enjoyed being a part of the SMCS family. Can't wait for 2013-2014 school year. Our son is excited to start school and see his friends and past teachers who's made an impact in his life.

St Michael Catholic School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
I'm very disappointed in the education my daughter received at SMCS. Overall the school is horrible...There is no consistency in the classroom & the curriculum is taught very scattered. These are children's primary foundation years for their education & you would think they would want to make sure the core curriculum is taught & mastered before moving on to the next task. They use Edline for keeping parents up to date on class assignments, but it's never updated nor does it contain anything specific. They do not communicate well with parents. They also do not provide lesson plans or anything to parents to help you stay informed of what's being taught in the classroom.

Posted May 01, 2013
Great improvements in this school the last few years. This school is well on its way to becoming one of the best middle schools in the Houston area.

Posted June 03, 2011
Both my boys are starting school at st. Michael's, i've heard only wonderful things about this school from other people!!!everyone was so kind and especially both my boys loved it with the tour they had, they can't wait to start!!!

Posted March 30, 2011
I have friends that have their children there and they are very happy with the school. My daughter will certainly attend this school.

Posted September 26, 2010
If you ant a catholic education for your kids, sms is thw way to go! We are building a brand new campus and it will be amaing. Our new principal, Ms. Scrowonek, is AMAZING.

St Michael Catholic School 4

Posted October 21, 2009
Fall 2009 - St. Michael Catholic School provides a quality Catholic education for my children. As a parent of multiple children at SMS I am thankful for the quality teachers, leadership from the principal and a pastor who fully supports the efforts of the school. The school recently had a large technology upgrade in the classrooms and is currently in the midst of a campaign to build a new school.

St Michael Catholic School

Posted August 05, 2009
This new school year, Fall 2009, St. Michael School has a new principal! We are looking forward to a great year!!

St Michael Catholic School 3

Posted September 01, 2007
This school lacks backbone from the principal and their Math and Spanish program have to be desired especially in middle school.

St Michael Catholic School
1833 Sage Road, Houston, TX  77056
Last modified St Michael Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Michael Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top