Posted March 29, 2015
Banff is a safe and nurturing place for students a place where they can grow, find themselves and feel confident. As a former Banff student and now a parent of a student starting Banff this year, I cannot emphasize how special and important this school is to our family. The teachers, staff and faculty are all happy, friendly people who love their job and, most importantly love their students. The classes are small so the students get specialized attention and the teachers have a real vested interest in their well-being and education. Even though they are a small school, the students still have lots of opportunities for creativity, advancement and social activities. I am proud to be a Banff graduate and cannot wait until my child can say the same!

Posted March 29, 2015
Banff is a great school and I enjoy going here! The upper school teachers are fantastic. They offer students individual attention as requested. The teachers are always willing to stay and help answer questions after school. The principals are helpful and fair when solving problems. I have made lots of friends at The Banff School. The students here are much nicer and more respectful than the kids I went to school with at Cy-Fair. Overall, I am learning a lot and enjoy Banff and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new school. Student in 10th grade

Posted February 24, 2015
Overpriced lunch, horrible teachers, worst behaved children I've ever been forced to socialize with, worst principals I've ever encountered. They'll throw your issues to the side and try to scare you out of reporting teachers and students. They treat us like a group of 5 year olds. The gym teacher is a horrible woman. I'm so glad I only have two years left here. I would rate this school a -5 if I could. -a 10th grader.

Posted February 24, 2015
My child came home crying after "shadowing." Obviously the elementary school isn't a good place.

Posted October 11, 2014
I go to this school since last year and I think it's a really good school. I'm in high school and the academic work is advanced but the teachers really help us understand it. Although, I think that there should be more extracurriculars. It's a good school. I also love how we get to take trips to many cool places, like this year is New York and I'm sure that it'll be amazing! You should bring your child to Banff. I really love this school so far.

Posted September 20, 2014
THIS SCHOOL IS AMAZING! IM A NEW STUDENT HERE AN EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND I LOVE IT! The academics are great and the teachers are very helpful to everybody. This is frankly the best school I have ever been to. If you want a good environment for your kid to be in its definitely Banff :) -Student in 7th Grade

Posted September 03, 2014
I cannot put into words how much The Banff School means to our family. Our child has attended several schools due to us moving and she has never been happier than she is at Banff. The small classroom size provides extra attention to each student whether or not they are the smartest student or require extra attention. I love to volunteer and help out at the school. The teachers and staff are fabulous. You truly could not ask for a better group of people. I highly recommend if you live in the Houston area to visit The Banff School for your children.

The Banff School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
This is my daughter's fourth year here. We have looked at other schools but the big thing that stands out in Banff is that you have access / open communication lines to the principal and teachers all the time. The other thing I like about this school is that the teachers are very helpful in pushing each student to realize fullest potential. No one school will be a perfect fit but here, we found the closest fit!

Posted July 16, 2013
My child attended the elementary school for a year. Whilst reading levels were advanced, overall, the classrooms and equipment were worn out and out of date. In fact the whole facility has had little or no investment for the past 20 years, except for the gymnasium which was rebuilt after the original one burned down. The school is run on a shoestring and parents are expected to organize and pay for everything when it comes to extra-curricular activities (including using their own homes to facilitate any clubs or competition activities). Whilst the elementary teachers were generally good, the administrative staff were absolutely terrible. Any information supposed to come from the school was either wrong, changed at the last minute or not communicated at all. As for the admissions policy, there is no testing or screening which means that there are a disproportionate number of students with behavioral/learning differences Don't be fooled by the glossy website.

Posted March 16, 2011
We choose to send our daughter to The Banff School over any other school because of the high standards and the caring teachers. The students at Banff benefit from the individualized attention that comes with having small class sizes. If you are thinking about changing schools due to overcrowding, or if your child is unhappy in their current school,or if they are not receiving a top-notch education where they are- I encourage you to take a tour of Banff. We honestly love the principals and the teachers here. They have the student's best interest at heart.

The Banff School