Posted February 03, 2012
AB Montessori is a great school. I must have looked at 20 or even more different preschools and this was the only one were I felt good about leaving my daughter. The teachers absolutely love their job and that reflects into the whole atmosphere at school. It's like an extended family!

Posted December 12, 2011
There is no other place I would entrust with my daughter. She has been in the infant room for a year now and is thriving. The staff really treat the children with love and respect. You can tell it is not just a "job" for them. The experienced head teacher observes the children and selects new work (toys) each week based on what the children are doing developmentally. The toys are all Montessori based which encourages cognitive and fine motor development. The environment is set up to aid in the child's development and independence: toys on low shelves for access and to allow the children to cruise about the room before they can walk, toddler chairs and a communal table to eat at, etc. There are no swings or bouncy seats so that the children are free to move their bodies to develop motor skills. (The small ratio and caring staff also mean that children are constantly interacted with and comforted when they cry so there is no need for "pacifiers" such as swings.) They do language cards with the children and read books and sing whenever the children are interested. A music teacher also visits weekly. They also have an infant play area outside which my daughter loves.

Posted February 02, 2011
I have checked all the schools in the area (montessori and non montessori). This is the best school. Teachers are nice, caring and always happy, so are the kids since the teachers are the examples for them. All the teachers have been working there for years and they all are very pleased with the school. My son is in a toddlers class now. When you talk to the teachers they know what they are doing. They teach them to take care after themselves,wash hands, clean, put away toys. Toys are being changed every week. They never punish a child. In case of a bad behaviour they just get on kids level, explain them what is going on. Kids dont have "separation anxiety". Infants program is also the best: they never put kids into swings or any other things that dont let a child move and feel free, they are always free to explore, they teach them to eat at the table, they have toys and little stairs for them to learn how to crawl.

Armand Bayou Montessori 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I've been very pleased with this school. Their IOWA scores show that the kids are excelling overall. I love that kids work the curriculum to their level and a child can be doing 3rd grade math in 1st grade if they are ready for it.

Posted August 09, 2009
We love this school. My daughter began when she was two and is in 3rd grade this year. She has done so well here. The school teaches the children how to take care of themselves and be confident in the world. My daughter has learned to think and figure things out for herself. The school is so warm and caring. Because they are a small school, they get to go on some fun field trips too.

Posted April 15, 2009
I can't say enough good about this school. When we moved to the Clear Lake area I started looking at Montessori schools and this one was by far the best. The staff is caring and careful with the students. They expect and instill discipline but they don't push them to stop being kids. It has been a wonderful experience for my son. I only wish he could have started there sooner.

Armand Bayou Montessori 0

Posted March 03, 2009
Excellent school. In my opinion the best in the area of Montessori schools.

Posted November 26, 2008
My son has been attending ABMS since he was five months old. The school has an outstanding infant and toddler program and I am constantly amazed at what he is learning in school. We are very happy with the Montessori methods.

Armand Bayou Montessori 4

Posted January 06, 2005

Armand Bayou Montessori
16204 Hickory Knoll Drive, Houston, TX  77059
Last modified Armand Bayou Montessori is a Private school that serves grades K-3
Armand Bayou Montessori Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.