Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C 1

Posted October 09, 2014
Why does the school board continue to let this principal take the school down, with no direction of what he is doing, don't they see it, they should come and visit the school and see and hear first hand what the parents are saying, we will be taking our kids somewhere else, to bad it was a good school, but since he sarted last year, is been going down.

Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C 1

Posted October 08, 2014
IF I COULD GIVE THIS SCHOOL ZERO STARS I WOULD, THIS PLACE IS A JOKE...THE NEW PRINCIPAL THAT STARTED OUT LAST YEAR IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL, THE OFFICE STAFF IS A JOKE TOGETHER WITH SOME TEACHERS. I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS PEOPLE CAME FROM THIS NEW SCHOOL YEAR STARTED WITH COMPLETELY NEW STAFF IN MOST GRADES THAT OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, THE KIDS ARE THE ONES PAYING THE PRICE NOW THE STUDENTS ARE NOW HAVING LONGER SCHOOL HOURS AND ARE GOING HOME WITH A CRAZY AMOUNT OF HOMEWORK. PLEASE SEND YOUR KIDS SOMEWHERE ELSE OR HOME SCHOOL THEM IT WILL PROBABLY BE A BETTER OPTION THAN TO GO TO THAT PLACE.

Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C 2

Posted April 25, 2013
This year it started good, but as time passed, we (parents) found out that there was no principal at this school, the board should have made a priority to find a principal, by their lack of action, they give the impression to parents and students, that we are not important enough to find a principal, the year is almost over and still no principal.

Posted January 21, 2009

Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C 0

Posted September 16, 2008
My daughter attended the Pre K-3 program at this school. Both her mother and I are of Hispanic decent and are fluent in Spanish and English. At home we speak both languages with neither being the predominate one. My wife convinced me that Amigos Por Vida-Friends for Life Charter School had an excellent bilingual program and for that very reason I agreed to allow our daughter to attend this school. Before the start of the school year my daughter spoke Spanish and English. Her verbal skills were at 50/50. After just one year at Amigos Por Vida-Friends for Life Charter School her Spanish verbal skills increased drastically to a 1st grade level which to admit I was extremely impressed. Unfortunately her English verbal skills came to a complete halt. Now she speaks 90% Spanish and 10% English. It has become an everyday battle to get her to speak English. I finally got a chance to speak to her teacher and I was dumbfounded to learn that the curriculum for Pre K-3 does not require them to speak a single word of English. Now my daughter has to play catch up to school children her own age. I do not recommend this school to anyone whose aspirations are to give their children an opportunity to be more than just average!

Posted August 10, 2008

Posted May 23, 2007
Great School, the atmosphere makes the difference!

Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C
5500 El Camino Del Rey Street, Houston, TX  77081
Last modified Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amigos Por Vida-Friends For Life C Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top