Public charter
Houston, TX

Houston Gateway Academy 5

Posted September 27, 2014
I am a student in this school, and it really think this school has done a great work teaching me... If your children haven't gone to this school I recommend you to go this school...

Houston Gateway Academy 4

Posted September 26, 2013
I really think it's a great school. My daughter has noticed the difference in the way she is learning, The teachers actually take the time to make sure their students understand what they are learning before they move on. Also love the attention given to all students and the discipline!

Houston Gateway Academy 3

Posted August 14, 2013
Some of the teachers are really nice and do care. Some I couldn't believe they were even teachers. Now, my problem is the people who work in the office. They are horrible with attitudes and they think they can just talk anyway to us parents. I was going to take them out of that school but who stopped me was a my kid last yr teacher that works there. They need new office staff members without attitudes and who care. I am giving this school one more try. If the staff office does it again. I'm calling someone higher to check this school out. Also, even though I have a full time job and my husband they think we have extra money. We live paycheck to paycheck and I hate when they tell us we have to buy so many school supplies so they can share it with the whole classroom. I barely had money for my kids supplies. Then they ask us for $200.00 dollars or our kids can't go to field trips. In reality we are paying for the field trips because we are giving them the money that it says on the permission slip. I hope HGA get better.

Houston Gateway Academy 5

Posted July 24, 2013
My kids attended the Coral campus and after reading some of the reviews from 2009 and back, being 2013, I think they have realized their mistakes and corrected them. I'm so glad my kids are here. The principle is always around and calls back from her cell phone. I have the teachers cell phone numbers and have never had a problem getting anything across or fixing a problem. I will admit that the office staff sometimes may be a little unorganized. But the teachers are great and classroom set ups are amazing for my kids anyway. They are all in a brand new building while the lunch may not always be great, I remember going to school and not liking the lunch then either...So that seems to be a problem for decades. The kids stay after school and are provided with an afternoon snack. Parents are asked to volunteer and honestly from one parent to another if your are afraid or have concerns mention them during registration and trust me they will remember you. So far I have had no problems with HGA Evergreen or Coral campus. (Evergreen was the campus for summer school)

Posted June 09, 2013
Horrible administration who doesn't care about teachers. Kids' breakfasts and lunches consist of hamburgers and pizzas every day. Very narrow-minded people work there. No space for creativity and encouraging great minds. Do not take your child there!

Posted October 20, 2011
The first nine weeks of school, the science teacher was out on maternity leave and the school did not hire a substitute teacher. No science was taught to the six graders for the first eight weeks! Gateway Academy, Coral campus does not have enough books for the students. My son hardly ever had homework. They have horrible prepackaged meals that are served in the class rooms. The principle never returns calls, nobody returns calls. I took my son out of the school today due to being bullied and my son was to blame for the incident. It is not in my son s nature to be violent. He struck back to defend himself. Gateway Academy Coral campus was a giant mistake!

Houston Gateway Academy 3

Posted August 20, 2010
i think its great for the first year i went there i felt like they knew me since kinder but they didn't i was comfortable

Houston Gateway Academy 0

Posted September 02, 2009
my son is new to hga his in the six grade i think i made athe right choice bringing my son tohga

Posted August 06, 2009
does not have the right equipment for the students on extracurricular activities

Houston Gateway Academy 4

Posted June 14, 2009
HGA a great school with excellent Teachers they help them to improve on there subject. I like the idea they started to offer tutorials after school. What I like is that they are expanding more in grade level have plans to build new schools which is good they will have High School soon. My daughters have done very well they have attend this school since Kinder they have attended HISD and PISD schools in other occasion for couple of months which I would'nt see no improvement. I as a parent have to take them back HGA for the same reason they focus more in our kids Education even the Principle you could talk to him he helps out the Students. You dont really see that in any other ISD school. If you want your child to Achieve in Life I really do recomment this school. Thank You HGA

Houston Gateway Academy
3400 Evergreen Drive, Houston, TX  77087
Last modified Houston Gateway Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Gateway Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top