Bad
Good

My son who was new in the US with almost no English knowledge started kindergarten at VRE. I do not have a baseline of other schools, however i found the methods and processes of the school very efficient. His teacher has always been very attentive, helping us with her advice for home development. Communication was excellent, weekly school and class bulletins, reminders, suggestions. We had direct access to the teacher any time to her email and got immediate response back. They also used technology a lot, asking us to install couple apps at home too for reading/speaking skills. Reward and recognition system made us proud of our son, as well s himself. In couple of instances where we gave feedback, we were called by Principal to explain and clarify.

School is excellent. Teaching styles are varied,parental involvement is good. No after school activities. They are not focused on Star exam, but more on learning. Some teachers might not be proficient much overall its okay.Friendly atmosphere. Lots of hands on activities.

i just completed 5th grade and i loved my school so much i was so so sad to leave and me and my friends cried so much because were going to miss all the teachers and i think this school is the best. all the teachers are very funny and amazing and the specials teachers are the best. i loved it so much i was there since kindergarten and i still miss it. i will surely be visiting!

This school considers as exemplary, but defenitely this is not the place for kids with disability. Long-term pressure, pain, disappointment and awful memory will stay with my family even though we changed the school for my child.

Moved my only son to this school a year back, the staff and principal are extremely nice. excellent school with great environment..

perfect ele school in great environment with dedicated staffs...all three of my kids go here!

This school is fitting perfectly for me and .I'am learning lot's of good things from this school.

VRE is a very nice school with discipline and good standards.Kids love their teachers than parents that much care they show to kids.

Excellent school. I have 2 children who attend VRE. The teachers at this school are excited about education and this is reflected in the variety of styles and methods they use in class. They are also very caring. There are, of course some teachers who are not on par with the rest, however all of the ones that my children and their friends have had have been excellent. The school is focused on excellence in learning and children are pushed to achieve. The elementary also has a very diverse population. I believe it is one of the main reasons why overall acheivement/test scores consistently rank above average. Also, the diversity is a reflection of the 'real' world, better preparing the children for life. The PTO is very active and helps fund many school activities, purchases needed equipment and provides $$ for teachers to attend continuing education conferences.

From what I can see so far in my sons experience the teachers and v.p. are very hands on sweet, and caring. I have to say that I am annoyed to see people complaining about a diverse school ..... unless you can take your kids out to a restaurant or movies with the color code of your choice get over it. There are all kinds in the world the sooner your children are taught a better attitude then your own the better off we will all be.

Last modified Valley Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.