Thornton Middle School 5

Posted September 22, 2014
When I heard the rumors about this school, I was nervous about my son attending. However, these last 2 years at Thornton have been wonderful. His teachers are very involved and great about responding to emails, etc. when I have questions concerning his grades or conduct. My son says there are almost never any fights, and that they have a very strict tardy policy so students are never in the halls after the bells ring. The teachers say that the kids are very well behaved. Nowadays, you are always hearing about kids cussing teachers out in schools but I've never heard of an incident like that at Thornton. The Administrators are very caring and honest. All in all, I can't figure out why the school has a negative reputation at all. I mean, what other middle school or school in general spends and entire first week of school just trying to play games and find ways to get to know the kids and build relationships with the teachers? And they are doing great with the new STAAR exam scores, which is amazing since most campuses throughout the state failed. For a campus that is so diverse, and is considered economically disadvantaged (lower income), this campus is doing an incredible job.

Thornton Middle School 3

Posted March 01, 2011
I was a studet in this School and people here would mature once they are in high school. These kids just came out of elementary so why do people expect them to mature so fast. This school was fun for me when i was there but honestly i believe the principal there messed it up bad. So dont blame the kids or the teachers blame yourself expecting your kids to be so mature at a early age.

Thornton Middle School 5

Posted January 03, 2011
Great school rarely any bully's, great teachers, has a great learning system, and its just a great school to be in.

Posted April 08, 2010
I am an 8th grader at Thornton, and this was my first and last year. For 6th and 7th grade, I went to Hodges Bend Middle School. I have to say, HBMS does not come close to Thornton. IN education and behavior. The teachers and students are nice to you, and the teachers take time to help you to make sure you pass. At HBMS, there was a lot of stuff I didnt understand, but Thornton teachers explained it to me very well. I am very sure that this school is awesome!

Posted December 02, 2009
this year thornton changed. barely any fights and the kids have really improved their behavior.

Posted November 19, 2009
Thornton is a horrible school. The students don't have any respect whatsoever for each other. Also the way things are ran there need to be corrected.

Thornton Middle School 1

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted July 30, 2009
I am a student at Thornton MS I also think my school has had its ups and downs but we still all got through them.Personally I love this school the teachers treat you very well and you also have fun in some of the classes. But no matter what people say about our school to us ,students, we will always love this school.

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009
I am a student at Thornton Middle School and most of the reviews here say that we are a school that has many fights and the students are always getting in trouble, but that is not true. From the year of 2006-07 to the year of 2008-09 fights have reduced by 65% according to the school paper and the 2008-09 year 94% of 8th graders passed the reading TAKS test and 42% recieved commened. So before you think of this school being bad come to the school and learn the real facts becauses the parents that have put bad reviews on here don't go to the school and don't have a real taste of Thornton Middle School.

Thornton Middle School
19802 Kieth Harrow Boulevard, Katy, TX  77449
Last modified Thornton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thornton Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top