Keller, TX

Friendship Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2014
This school is the classic case of the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Communication among teachers, administration and communication to the parents definitely needs to be improved. I have also seen a teacher yelling at her students and another teacher be condescending towards her students. If you are looking for a home in the friendship elementary zone I would definitely look elsewhere. If you want your child to receive a good education in a good environment then this is not the place for you.

Posted October 25, 2013
So far I love this school. The staff seem so friendly and helpul, my daughter loves going to school and comes home so happy. Mrs. Hayslip does an amazing job with her class and is the perfect teacher for my daughter. I hope the school continues on this path of greatness. Thank you!

Friendship Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2013
We moved to Friendship from an out of state school in 2nd grade, and although it was a bit of a culture shock, my daughter quickly made friends. Her teachers were very supportive and encouraging. The staff has always been friendly and very approachable. I am so happy that there is a strong community within the school and so many parents involved in the children's education and activities. Great School. I don't know why it is rated at a 4. I would rate it an 8.

Posted June 05, 2013
Friendship is an amazing school! My son attends and I could not have asked for a better school experience for him. This year has proven that David Rische supports and encourages both his staff and parents...I can feel it when I walk into the building. I have been in public education for 12 years and Friendship is one of the most caring and supportive environments I have been in! Certainately the difference is the new principal and assistant principal.

Friendship Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2013
Unfortunaltey Mrs Bronwyn moved to Hillwood Middle. Many of ther old students will be seeing her again. I agree she does play favorites. The office staff does lack in politeness. We did have some great and caring teachers at FES. ALL the KISD schools need to reevaluate the no busing. traffic is a nightmare at ALL the schools. the city & district could care less about student safety in reguards to walkers or parents who do not follow traffic rules. Stay away from the PTA. they are a bunch of housewives with little to do but gossip and drink.

Posted May 21, 2012
My child has attended this school for 3 years. I have a very high opinion of the teachers here. They are caring and helpful for the most part. My opinion of the principal is not so high, she seems aloof and definitely plays favorites with her own child and other KISD employees' children. It's aways obvious when they are in the same classes together..and featured on video and the school website. Sad :( This is the principals last year and I am excited for a new principal. The VP is pretty stone faced and has never spoken to me personally in the hallways, and I am at the school frequently as a room parent. The office staff could also improve their people skills in my opinion as well. Being the first thing a parent sees when visiting their child's school should be a positive experience. Like I said, I am impressed with the teachers, not so much w/ the admin & the best news all year is that the current principal is leaving. Hopefully with her leaving the teachers will be able to improve the campus and test scores under new leadership!

Posted June 13, 2011
The principal and counselor at this school are the best Ive ever seen. The teachers are very good about making sure yuor child is ready for the next grade.

Posted June 03, 2011
It is a really great school. I am so happy to be a Friendship dad and a Watch D.O.G.S.

Posted March 14, 2010
I've worked in education for 15 years and feel great about my daughter's education at Friendship. Teachers are knowledgeable, staff is friendly, and the school is safe and well run. Everyone is welcome and a child receives a year's worth of education in a year's time. Art, music, PE and character education work well into a full day of academics.

Posted October 28, 2009
I thought about home school, but decided to bring my child to this school, and I've been very happy. Staff always have smiles and are always willing to help.

Friendship Elementary School
5400 Shiver Road, Keller, TX  76244
Last modified Friendship Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friendship Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top