Keller High School 2

Posted February 09, 2014
Keller ISD in general; Our kids are not going to succeed in anything with the way they are taught. I understand it starts at state level, which is more of a concern. Numbers; what all TX schools prime themselves on. Has anyone bothered to look up how the kids are doing 20+ years down the road? The way my student(s) are being taught they will be the demise of a great country; once successful at educating.

Posted June 27, 2013
Some of these reviews are just ridiculous. Gangs? Drugs? Sorry, haven't seen it. I moved to the area a year ago and crime an the safety of my child was a huge issue. I moved from an affluent area in the North East to Keller, I think that what they call "gangs" in Texas we used to call cliques. And as far as the bands, my kid isn't in the band but this past summer I think the Keller band placed in the top 12 in the state. The AP classes are competitive and the test scores are high. The faculty has done an excellent job of welcoming my son and making him feel as if he's been in the district since day one. This is an up and coming community and student population. It's not Phillips Exeter but then again its also not $47K per year. Some improvements need to made to the curriculum and use of technology but really minor.

Posted March 04, 2013
I was nervous moving my daughter her freshman year, but am very pleased with this school.

Keller High School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
I'm a student at this infamous school and I must say it's terrible. Students are basically jam packed into a class and expected to learn. I can't get the help I need considering the teachers are constantly busy. The tutorials aren't very helpful either. The school is relying too much on technology as well. If they kept it simplistic as in giving us all out own textbook, requiring us to bring a pencil, and a pack of paper we'd be better off. The money they spend on technology could be used for renovation and expanding. They need to hire more teachers and they also need to buckle down on students. I honestly wouldn't like to see peers smooching on faces of others while walking to my next period class. And they also throw around racial slurs like it's no big deal. I'm appalled by the actions of the students as well as the staffs' reaction to it. They simply don't care. The school itself is corrupted. If you're thinking of sending your child to this school please do spare his/her feelings by sending them somewhere else.

Posted July 13, 2011
I had participated in a fund raising project for the band. I was impressed with the organization of the project. The parental participation was excellent. There were several events going on the night of the function and eveyrthing appeared to running smoothly with so many people going to different places within the school. I liked the school's clean appearance and openess.

Posted May 05, 2011
My son and daughter attended KHS and are very successful in college now and both on the deans list. So I think that speaks very well of their time at Keller HS. They both enjoyed their High School experience and learned at the same time.

Posted March 31, 2010

Posted March 11, 2010

Keller High School 1

Posted September 24, 2009

Keller High School 0

Posted October 15, 2008
As a Keller Alum, I have to say that it was the finest school I attended. The block scheduling worked fantastic for college prep (test scores were never an issue for us when it came to that curriculum), and the teachers were amazingly well-informed and fantastic at getting the students involved in the learning process. I moved to Keller from another 5A Texas school halfway through my secondary schooling, and it blew that school out of the water.

Keller High School
601 Pate Orr Road North, Keller, TX  76248
Last modified Keller High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keller High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews.