Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Fantastic learning environment with very dedicated teachers. If your child is falling behind, it's very easy to get help. There are also plenty of clubs available to join, and they're always doing cool things like attending competitions. The children are also very smart.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Though too much of the assigned work is busy work, it is one way to sift through the masses of students to find the hardest workers.

Develops character: Agree

This school is very much a meritocracy. Because there are so many students, hard work and perseverance are perhaps the most important skills one could have, as you will need to outwork others in order to stand out.

Klein High School is a large school, and it is what you make of it. There are ample opportunities to push yourself and turn your 4 years here into a prosperous career. The school spirit is strong, as well, which I find very important. I attended this school and graduated in 2010.

Academics here are a joke. The only real way to get an education at Klein High School is to take all AP classes, if that can't be done, it's a waste of time because regular classes are ridiculously easy and will not prepare students for college. The quality of the teachers is overall horrible and no effort has to be put in from the student's part to pass most, if not all classes. Teachers are confusing - can't teach well - or don't seem to be very interested in their jobs. It's a waste of time to take 4 years of foreign language classes here.

My son is about to graduate from Klein and my daughter is an incoming freshman. This school is awesome academically and has so much to offer for any student whether athletics, fine arts, social, etc. Parent and community involvement is also top notch. In summation, Klein is a great school with an even greater legacy!!! Go KATS!!! :)

My husband and I sent our 2 daughters to Klein High after attending private school... This Highschool is horrible compared to their previous one. Many other parents we've spoken to, and I agree, say that many of the teachers could care less about the students. My husband and I agree because we've noticed both of their grades have dropped compared to the A's they had at previous school and we've noticed they aren't as motivated in their school work. We have to work three times as hard helping them with studies now. Total dissapointment.

This is a great school. We moved here just so our kids could attend Klein High and we were never disappointed. We are parents of three kids that all attended in the 2000-2009 time period. Reflecting on all we know now and all the other people we've talked to, I can state unequivocally that Klein is an excellent school. Our kids thrived in the environment where every kid gets a chance if he's willing to do the work. They loved the academic environment, the music and theater programs, most of the kids and most of the teachers. Each was challenged and then taught and then they excelled - they went on to three demanding universities including Rice and UT and found that they were very well prepared and that many of their AP credits were transferred. Like a lot of things, you get out of high school what you put into it. Klein is very much that way, but even amplified. If you work hard and care you will get a great education, meet some amazing people and be very well prepared for higher education. You'll have a nearly ideal high school experience in every way that counts.

Klein High School is a great place to learn if you apply yourself. There is a ton of adjustment and I've never seen a school system that pushes the students so hard. Rank is super competative. This will be my second year at Klein high school. I am in all Pre-AP/AP classes and its been pretty challenging. You have to work your hardest to get what you want. I've heard that regulars is WAY too easy and I just won't drop because of the type of kids that usually take regulars, the teachers are not as dilligent in teaching in regulars (you get a lot of coaches), and I can't afford to lose the extra point for my GPA. The AP teachers are really hard, and expect a lot from you, which is the whole point of taking these classes. I go to bed at 11:30 every night from doing hw. some teachers are better than others, there are a few crazies at the school (just like any other school) that you better hope you never get. I've been lucky so far, but one of my friends' teachers had them watching the simpsons every day (in AP). The fine arts program is fantastic. I'm in band and its amazing. We're like a family and it is really fun. If you can work hard and apply yourself, you'll do well here.

My child attended Klein elementary and middle schools which were relatively good and he made fairly good grades not great but not bad - mainly Bs and Cs. The first semester he went to Klein High he failed every subject. Core subject teachers e.g. Math and English were very poor indeed. In fact his English teacher was right out of college and my son complained of her sending text messages in class instead of focussing on teaching. I immediately pulled him out and he is currently with TXVA (online with K12). The turnaround was dramatic, not great but he passed his second semester, and he mainly taught himself online which shows that he is motivated so something is very wrong with Klein High. It seems it was historically strong but now is a poor shadow if itself.

Last modified Klein High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.