Bad
Good

This school is busting at the seams! The teacher student ration is terrible. My kid is in 2nd grade and I she has totally fallen through the cracks. I have meet with her teacher and her principal and they seem to not care too much. My daughter has not turned in her reading homework since October and its almost February. I have not received a phone call, email, or letter about this. Hays schools in general are terrible and do not communicate with parents. We just moved my teenage son out of these schools and we are moving my daughter now ASAP. We don't even plan to finish out the school year, it is that bad. I will say that Mrs, Shields, Mrs. Whittington, and Mrs. Arizpe are great teachers and were wonderful. Also out of 4 years (She attended PALS, a special education program) my daughter has been in this school she only had school programs (Christmas and such) once. ONCE!!! It's like they don't want the parents involved.

Great School. There is not one thing that this school does that you don't want your child to be a part of.

1) Mrs Arispe - a very caring teacher where children really learn 2) Great system of id's for anyone to be able to enter school grounds 3) Very organized, safe and methodical system of children pick-up after school 4) The Principal is very involved and takes steps to meet and know parents

My daughter attended K at Kyle last year and I was very pleased. The teacher did her utmost best to cater a teaching plan to each child's needs. I think K is hard year for teachers because each child comes in at a different level. Some can already read while others don't even know their letters. I was very pleased that the teacher took extra care to make sure my daughter was challenged. I think a lot depends on the teacher no matter which school your child attends. I hope she continues to get teachers who are willing to take that extra step to keep her challenged. Thank you Mrs. Arizpe for a great year!!

My children have been to 2 other elementary schools and this has by far been the best experience. We were hesitant to move them at first, but now our only regret is that they haven't been here the whole time! There are so many real life experiences for the kids from a chicken coop, to a beautiful courtyard and pond. These kids aren't stuck at a desk being taught to all day... they are experiencing things. We love it!

I love KES! While it's true that student spend a lot of time learning test taking strategies, that's true of many, if not most public elementary schools in the state. I taught in another district before moving here, and I have to say the committment of Kyle's teachers and administration is superb! I've seen student needs being met over and over while volunteering on campus, and I can't say enough the support and overall care taken for each students safety and well-being.

Oh boy where do I start.I am also one who thought that leavng a big city school district would be something that would benefit my kids.I honestly wish I had kept them where they were.The teachers have their mind just on testing and not 'real teaching'kids go for months not making any progress then finally they notice and try to give what little resources are available to the kids.It really is a sad school.They have no text books to take home(not enough to go around) P.E. is at a minimum ,maybe 2 days a week.This place needs some real help.

The devotion of their teachers makes all the difference. I am expecting to see higher ratings from the state, by end of the year.

Kyle Elementary is the best school by far that my children have attended. The staff and teachers ane amazing..Everyone truly cares about the kids. Everyone from the principle,the teachers ,the nurse to the custodians take pride in their work and are here for the students.Everone including the kids wear a smileand are happy to be there...did we ever enjoy school? Now, our kids LOVE school...That is all because of the wonderful job you all do. Thank you all for doing such an amazing job for our kids....

Kyle has one of the best staffs in the state of Texas. I am a former teacher from another district, and my children attend Kyle. While teachers strive to help prepare their students for the TAKS test (which is mandated by the state, not the teachers) , they do not teach directly to the TAKS. They give students the opportunity to learn both in and out of the classroom. The warm, inviting environment helps me to know that Kyle is just a good place for kids to be. Thank you Kyle for providing a well balanced education and a positive environment for my kids to learn.

Last modified Kyle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.