Shady Shores Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2014
My first child is going into the 2nd grade. We have had teacher who care about teaching. They have really been wonderful. The one and only issue I have had with the school was my child fell at school and severely broke her arm. We were told to keep her out of school for a couple of days. Not one member from the administration bothered to call.

Posted March 08, 2014
Our two children are now in 5th grade and have attended Shady Shores Elementary since 1st grade. We have been blown away by blessing upon blessing at this school for our children. Each year, teachers have been amazing in terms of skills/qualifications, as well as kindness and genuine concern for all students. The administration is GREAT and runs a tight-ship on safety and proper procedures. The halls are bright and cheerful and the environment is very warm and welcoming. Cannot think of any complaints & feel very blessed for such a great school.

Posted October 31, 2012
It amazes me that SSE could even receive a negative review. So many positive things are going on. We are the only elementary school with a morning assembly where the entire school gets to be part of news, the pledges, and acknowledgement of student successes. The leadership of SSE continues to accept new ideas. SSE is a great school! Get involved and see all SSE does for the students!

Shady Shores Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2012
Shady Shores USED to be an amazing place. Unfortunately, when the last principal retired and the new principal took over everything changed. Long gone is the warm environment where you where happy to place your children. The place seems so cold now, and as a parent who has had three children walk through those doors I find it heartbreaking. The principal is responsilble for setting the tone, and how sad it is that the tone she has set for the staff and students is that laughter, happiness and fun are no longer welcome in the halls of Shady Shores. The teaching staff there is truly top-notch. However, I have watched the life drain from their faces over the past few years since Ms. Deussen took charge. When a principal can't even manage to fake a smile for children, it is clearly time to find a new job. I pray that Lake Dallas ISD realizes this before it's too late. Kids deserve a wonderful elementary school experience.

Posted October 26, 2012
My wife and I have developed a good rapport with SSE because of the wonderful willingness of teachers and staff at the school. The receptionists are always very helpful, as are the principal and assistants. My child takes medication while at school and the teachers and nurse have been wonderful at reminding him and even rewarding him for independently coming to take his medication.

Posted October 26, 2012
I was terrified before my son entered kindergarten as he has ADHD and had a rough time transitioning even in preschool. The SPED department met with me on more than one occasion to evaluate the situation. Although my son did not qualify for services, he was carefully placed with a kindergarten teacher who took fantastic care of, not only him, but all students in her class. My son has sensitivity issues with crowd noises and has been provided with headphones to wear in those situations! Yeah for SSE!!

Shady Shores Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2012
Learn from our experience...the SSE principal rules the school as a dictatorship. We have a smart, independent, willful 5-year old boy. Sometimes he says butt and thinks it s funny, sometimes he doesn t want to do work when told, and sometimes he gets a little rowdy with other boys. We chose SSE based on many of the positive things in other posts, as a transfer student. We thought it would be like adoption once accepted in, the child became one of the school s own. Not so. At the end of school day 26 we received a random call from the principal telling us that she d determined our son was no longer welcome at SSE he was a transfer student and too much effort (opposite what we d heard from his teacher and vice principal just 4 days prior). There was no further explanation given. We have been unable to reach anyone for clarity, and no one has tried to contact us. Had we been forewarned that this is how the principal operates, we would never have placed our son in SSE s care.

Posted October 02, 2012
I work at SSE and love the school, staff, and most of all Kiddos. We have a great group of kids that show lots of respect and are very goal oriented. My son xfered into SSE when I took my position and the care and compassion shown to him along with all the other students is amazing. As a Special Needs mom I can not say enough about our SPED program and the lengths our teachers, gen ed and SPED alike, go to to make sure our kiddos are meeting their utmost potential. There is a staff of ladies and gents at SSE that have done my son worlds of good. And I love the changes we have seen. They definately have a "it takes a village" attitude and I think our kiddos benefit from it greatly

Posted October 02, 2012
Shady Shores Elementary is an amazing school! The adminstration and staff are personable and truly want the best for each and every child. The school is welcoming and inviting to parents. SSE wants to partner with parents to do what is best for kids. I've had two childen attend this school and couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend Shady Shores Elementary.

Posted May 10, 2011
My daughter has been attending SSE for 3 years now and she loves it. I have had no problems whatsoever. It's a great environment for your children to be in and the teachers are great! They are also a TEA Exemplary Campus!

Shady Shores Elementary School
P O Box 548, Lake Dallas, TX  76208
Last modified Shady Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shady Shores Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.