Charles Borchers Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2010
My children were there for only one year while my husband was on deployment with the military. It was appalling. My children endured constant bullying from other students, and the teachers seemed not to care. The material they were teaching my children was way behind what they were learning at the school they attended on military bases, so my kids were always bored. The teachers and staff barely spoke English, and when they did it was very difficult to understand. Absolutely sub-par. I would never recommend this school to anyone. We only went there because we were staying in that particular district.

Charles Borchers Elementary School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
It is lacking in technology, wish the teachers used the school website and e-mail to reach the parents and students on a daily basis as in other schools.

Charles Borchers Elementary School 0

Posted March 16, 2009
I think Charles R. Borchers Elementary is a great school for kids. My children go to Borchers. Everyday I ask them how was school. They say great at their other school they would say it was boring.So I'd say choose Borchers.

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted February 06, 2008
my nieces and my son attend borchers. there couldnt be a greater school. its safe, the teachers are great. the treatment you get is just like family.

Charles Borchers Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2007

Posted January 29, 2007
My nephew and my grandson attend Borchers Elementary. I have been greatly impressed with the quality of education being provided at this school. The children are challenged and encouraged. I find the staff to be very attentive to the needs of each child. Our 4 year old is already reading and decoding words. He loves school and books. We are lucky to have such a great staff.

Charles Borchers Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2005
This year, there was a serious overcrowding problem. There is a new school built to fix this issue, but unfortunately, the good teachers are now going to be split between the two schools.

Posted September 07, 2004
As the parent of two students attending this school, I am quite impressed with the quality. I also have a child in a private school and I must admit that this school ranks favorably to the private school. I am most impressed with the teachers and their involvement with our children. There is no tolerance for misbehavior and I truly appreciate that. The principal is truly fabulous (so is the vice-principal) and I can see that she runs a very tight ship. The facilities are exceptional and the parent involvement seems to be quite good. We are looking forward to a very good year and my children all like the school very much!

Charles Borchers Elementary School
9551 Backwoods Trail, Laredo, TX  78045
Last modified Charles Borchers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles Borchers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top